WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s the scoop on the Nautical ?

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
Wife sent this from their FB

0145C333-A408-4308-BE67-A9E1F23CBD73.jpeg

charred1

Reaction score
Ehhh...probably a good thing? We enjoy staying there, but it definitely needs some love. Maybe the buy out will improve things.

beertruck

Reaction score
closed for two week? in these times I think Covid shutdown.
Not that I know anything, just where my mind goes when someone shuts down for two week.
Would not be that some corporation rented it out for two weeks with all the regulations on large group gatherings, and potential spread as you invite all the key people in your company to gather and socialize together now. But then again, just speculation on my part with nothing to back it up.

Singleton

Reaction score
I read that as a corporation bought out all rooms, etc for a private event.
FCC timeshare owners are not allowed on the property either (that one is strange).

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
closed for two week? in these times I think Covid shutdown.
Not that I know anything, just where my mind goes when someone shuts down for two week.
Would not be that some corporation rented it out for two weeks with all the regulations on large group gatherings, and potential spread as you invite all the key people in your company to gather and socialize together now. But then again, just speculation on my part with nothing to back it up.

Of all the places I’ve been around this year the Nautical seems to be the biggest stickler for masks and distancing.
I stopped going there some time ago because not only did they have the main outside bar itself closed, but they actually let you in through a chain and you have to walk straight to your seat with a mask, can’t approach the bar to order, can’t mingle at any other table or seat, basically sit in terror...outside.
No thanks. There is FAR too many other sane options here to bother subjecting myself to that stupidity.

Ladsm

Reaction score
Corporate event, closed to public. I need to work for whatever company is taking their employees there

franky

Reaction score
A group bought all the Nautical rooms for an event including FCC thru Dec 9. Not a buy out, same fkn owners.

Duramax

Reaction score
The Nautical sure isn't what it used to be....or maybe I just remembered it different. My family and I went 4 days last month. I got a room on the cove since I thought my 3yr old would like to play on the beach. You can no longer just beach the boat, 1-16 spots, with weekdays being 70$ a day. The gate that leads to the launch ramp never reads your key right, and the dust and dirt made me feel like I was at Apache Lake but this time with a $1500 bill. They are mask crazy too, I agree with whoever said that. Over it.

hallett21

Reaction score
What company rents out the entire property for 2 weeks during Covid? Sounds like a planned shut down to me lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Just checked the calendar. Could a corporation be using it for a 2 week quarantine location?

Easy place to seal people off.

Reaction score
The Nautical has been in a downward slide since the Tiki Terrace died.

Last edited:

beertruck

Reaction score
Just checked the calendar. Could a corporation be using it for a 2 week quarantine location?

That makes more sense than getting all your key people together at one resort for a two week spreader party. Only problem I see, is after the two weeks that everyone is quarantined, they go back to their normal lives, and become potentially exposed again.

Singleton

Reaction score

after thinking about it.
corporate event could be studio filming TV show. Bet you TV or Movie is being filmed

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Yes, I heard it will be a reality show.

Maybe it is the one that was to be on Maui but everyone was upset because of people coming in from our of state.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
A production company rented out the entire property to shoot a TV show. Gave the option to some employees to quarantine on property and work during the production. All in those employees will be confined to the property for three weeks.