WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s the song or band that takes you back?

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
The river
Allman Brothers
Marshall Tucker
Lynyrd Skynryd
The Cars
Bob Marley
Steve Miller

Sunday morning beached in a cove was Steely Dan

Coming home from Havasu one late Sunday night with my buddies and Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden. Still reminds me every time I hear it.

Havasu early 2000’s
Too Short
Lil Wayne
Lil John - Turn down for what
Mike Jones
Young yang twins
Luda
Outkast
Three 6 Mafia
Mickey Avalon

Hammer

Reaction score
The Cars….. Heartbeat City, my best friends girl… etc… ! I can remember rocking out to that cassette like it was yesterday. My brother and I in the back seat of my parents dually towing the boat to the river.

The Eagles always brings me back to floating in the river at sunset. Tequila sunrise in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nowski

Reaction score
The Cars….. Heartbeat City, my best friends girl… etc… ! I can remember rocking out to that cassette like it was yesterday. My brother and I in the back seat of my parents dually towing the boat to the river.

The Eagles always brings me back to floating in the river at sunset. Tequila sunrise in particular.

Heartbeat city here we come (I heard a rumor) Jackie's back in town... One of my favorites...

It's going to take a lotta love: Take your pick Nicolette Larson or Neil Young they both sound great to me...

Hammer

Reaction score
Heartbeat city here we come (I heard a rumor) Jackie's back in town... One of my favorites...

It's going to take a lotta love: Take your pick Nicolette Larson or Neil Young they both sound great to me...

I could keep going… Good Times Roll, Shake it up, Just what I needed, Magic….. [emoji106]Lol

I can hear the chorus to “you might think” in my head now![emoji23]

C-2

Reaction score
You've never smoked weed? So I'm guessing you never tried acid/LSD....that shit changed my out look on life.

I want to try LSD. Not street crap, but pharma grade in a controlled environment. I hear it's awesome.

nowski

Reaction score
I could keep going… Good Times Roll, Shake it up, Just what I needed, Magic….. [emoji106]Lol

Benjamin Orr was another favorite...

C-2

Reaction score

Agreed, Cars were awesome, especially Ben Orr, he was the epitome of cool. Drive is a great song despite Rick and his pedo move. What a dick.

Heck, I remember getting drunk at my first kegger party, a garage band was playing Let the Good Times Roll, over and over.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Most river music for me is late 1960's R&B & Motown Music and then throw in some good Blues, Woodstock sounds.
I grew up listening to Otis Redding , James Brown, The Supremes, Sam & Dave, the Four Tops, The Temptations, Gladys Knight & The Pips , Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye ,The Spinners , The Miracles , The Isley Brothers , Al Green, Smokey Robinson, Wilson Pickett,,,,, I can't remember them all.

spectra75

Senior Lurker
Reaction score
Most river music for me is late 1960's R&B & Motown Music and then throw in some good Blues, Woodstock sounds.
I grew up listening to Otis Redding , James Brown, The Supremes, Sam & Dave, the Four Tops, The Temptations, Gladys Knight & The Pips , Stevie Wonder, Marvin Gaye ,The Spinners , The Miracles , The Isley Brothers , Al Green, Smokey Robinson, Wilson Pickett,,,,, I can't remember them all.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
As far as bringing back memories . . . my parents and their friends played 8-tracks of Steve Miller and Neil Diamond a lot at Mead / Powell / Havasu / & Shasta when i was really young . . . so they remind me of those places, which puts a smile on my face.

73mandella

Reaction score
My favorite are ‘Cristal Ship’ and ‘The Unknown Soldier’ by the Doors but my wife’s favorite is ‘One is the Loneliest Number’ by Three Dog Night. We’re talking about the very late 60's of course. You had to be there to understand.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
The Rolling Stones

I was a kid, riding.y bike through the high school hallways on a Saturday...

I hear music, so I head that direction...

An older kid is there with the music full blast, by himself...

I asked him what was up, he said his parents wouldn't let him play his music loud, so he brought all his stuff over here to do it. Record player, amp and speakers...

I sat and listened with him to this, full blast...

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I was a kid, riding.y bike through the high school hallways on a Saturday...

I hear music, so I head that direction...

An older kid is there with the music full blast, by himself...

I asked him what was up, he said his parents wouldn't let him play his music loud, so he brought all his stuff over here to do it. Record player, amp and speakers...

I sat and listened with him to this, full blast...

Very cool, one of my favorite songs, I have had the pleasure of seeing them 6 times.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
One trip to the river way back, was the Animals, Steppenwolf, Spirit, Canned Heat, and a little Paul Butterfield, Electric Flag and John Mayall for good measure.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
I graduated high school Class of '79. By that time I was so sick of hearing We Are The Champions and Bohemian Rhapsody at every damn assembly and game I was ready to quit the team. My buddy burned through 3 different Kansas Leftoverture cassettes in those years and I had to stop riding around with him because they got so tired too.
Never was a Zep or Floyd fan really, but I enjoyed most everything you guys have mentioned so far.
But I gotta know, where are all the Purple, Dio, Sabbath, Rainbow fans? At that time Deep Purple held the World Record for loudest concert. Dio and Rob Halford were on a whole 'nother level of vocal ability, and when they came out, the crowd knew they just owned the stage.
But one of my absolute favorite bands was Black Oak Arkansas. David Lee Roth clearly stole his whole act from Jim Dandy. Tommy Aldridge went on to play in many top rock bands. Shawn Lane was the fastest fingered guitar played for decades, and they had the street cred. Too poor to buy equipment so they stole the local high school's PA system. Now that is ROCK!

Reactions: C-2

Cdog

Reaction score
So much great music its hard to pick one stand out.

Lynyrd Skynyrd free bird was playing first time I got laid. Probably on KLSX

Sublime 40 ounces to freedom - high school

NoFx Punk in Drublic - HS & every house party I had when I lived in Redlands

Long beach dub all stars- Rosarito - Epic Havasu spring break trip with my homies.

Bumpin Too Short with my oldest friend Chad.

Cold play - Yellow Was on Mtv when then girl friend fell a sleep waiting for me after my 6hr drive from Yucaipa to Tucson. I think I decided right then I was going to marry her.

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
I graduated high school Class of '79. By that time I was so sick of hearing We Are The Champions and Bohemian Rhapsody at every damn assembly and game I was ready to quit the team. My buddy burned through 3 different Kansas Leftoverture cassettes in those years and I had to stop riding around with him because they got so tired too.
Never was a Zep or Floyd fan really, but I enjoyed most everything you guys have mentioned so far.
But I gotta know, where are all the Purple, Dio, Sabbath, Rainbow fans? At that time Deep Purple held the World Record for loudest concert. Dio and Rob Halford were on a whole 'nother level of vocal ability, and when they came out, the crowd knew they just owned the stage.
But one of my absolute favorite bands was Black Oak Arkansas. David Lee Roth clearly stole his whole act from Jim Dandy. Tommy Aldridge went on to play in many top rock bands. Shawn Lane was the fastest fingered guitar played for decades, and they had the street cred. Too poor to buy equipment so they stole the local high school's PA system. Now that is ROCK!

Right here on Sabbath! My 18-year old daughter, too. But the daughter doesn't like Dio w/Sabbath or Ozzy on his own, WTH? In fact we're going to see Mac Sabbath in November. Yeah, look them up, lol

C-2

Reaction score
Ronny Montros bad motor scooter

Yup, we used to see Sammy every time he played in San Berdoo. Just [icked up Standing Hampton on vinyl.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
Right here on Sabbath! My 18-year old daughter, too. But the daughter doesn't like Dio w/Sabbath or Ozzy on his own, WTH? In fact we're going to see Mac Sabbath in November. Yeah, look them up, lol
That's messed up. She ain't right. Every single track on Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules is the stuff of legend. Seek help for that young lady ASAP.

C-2

Reaction score
That's messed up. She ain't right. Every single track on Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules is the stuff of legend. Seek help for that young lady ASAP.

I know, right.

Backlash

Reaction score
"In The Air Tonight"

80's music was INCREDIBLE! 😎

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Bad Religion and Pennywise.

Really don't hear them on the radio (you gotta go looking) but I was working on a job site couple months back. some older guy had bad Religion blasting. I was singing along and my even older crew member remarked "you know the words to this garbage? I'd be embarrassed!" I go yep, and your the people they're singing about. Haha

Your ad here

Reaction score
Dio, Sabbath, and Blackmore fan here. Cool how Ronnie James Dio had a role in all 3. Big Judas Priest and Iron Maiden fan. Really like the Paul Di'anno Iron Maiden. Little to heavy to play all day at the river except for Rocka Rolla and a lot of people don't even realize what Rocka Rolla is.
Saw Motorhead, Heaven and Hell, and Judas Priest at Glen Helen I wanna say in 2009. By far the best concert I ever been to. Saw Iron Maiden at Irvine Meadows and that was bad ass.

OC Mike

Reaction score
My favorite are ‘Cristal Ship’ and ‘The Unknown Soldier’ by the Doors but my wife’s favorite is ‘One is the Loneliest Number’ by Three Dog Night. We’re talking about the very late 60's of course. You had to be there to understand.

Yes, i was there.
The first that popped into my head was Creedence, then 3 Dog Night, then The Doors.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
KLOS plays Breakfast with The Beatles every Sunday morning. It's on now. It's always a nice trip back in time.

iHeartRadio. 👍

73mandella

Reaction score
Yes, i was there.
The first that popped into my head was Creedence, then 3 Dog Night, then The Doors.

Creedence is one of the best. I listen to them more today than the Doors.

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Childhood 90s havasu springs /river would be
Brooks and dunn
Classic toby keith
George strait
Creedance
Loverboy
Ratt
Rush

Early 2000s
Friends and girls thinking we were cool cruising someones clapped out ride!!
Crossfade - colors
Thousand foot krutch
Finch - temecula boys 👍🏽
Cube and dre.
Too short
8ball and mjg
Screw tapes, from an uncle from texas 👍🏽

Actually way to many i can relate to the past haha
Todays music suck big balls. Love that i have my fathers recorded cassettes and records of classic rock, funk/disco etc

C-2

Reaction score
Creedence is one of the best. I listen to them more today than the Doors.

Agreed, John Fogerty is a great musician. My pops died when I was 19, and just this morning my uncle told me to come pick up my pops record collection. "Are his Creedence records in there?" I asked. Yup he said. Can't wait, as a small child I remembered listening to Creedence, and Herb Alpert!

MOUZER

Reaction score
beach boys in my room/ surfer girl 70,s

stray cat strut b52 love shack 80,s

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Deep Purple..... in the back seat of a green 65 mustang (wearing headphones)

nowski

Reaction score
There's so much good music out there it's amazing...

Pat Travers "One for me and one for you".

Styx "Castle Walls".

Dio "Temple of the King".

Scorpions "Send me an Angel".

Whitesnake "Still of the Night".

Queensryche "Silent Lucidity".

Supertramp "Don't Leave me Now".

Snail "Music is my Mistress".

Red "Breathe into Me".

Pillar "Frontline".

Fireflight "Unbreakable".

Skillet "Not Going to Die Tonight".

Triumph "The Blinding Light Show".

Starz "Coliseum Rock".

CSN "Darkstar".

Jefferson Starship "Runaway".

David Gilmour "There's No Way Out of Here".

And the hits keep on coming, you get the picture...

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
There's so much good music out there it's amazing...

Pat Travers "One for me and one for you".

Styx "Castle Walls".

Dio "Temple of the King".

Scorpions "Send me an Angel".

Whitesnake "Still of the Night".

Supertramp "Don't Leave me Now".

Snail "Music is my Mistress".

Red "Breathe into Me".

Pillar "Frontline".

Fireflight "Unbreakable".

Skillet "Not Going to Die Tonight".

Triumph "The Blinding Light Show".

Starz "Coliseum Rock".

CSN "Darkstar".

Jefferson Starship "Runaway".

David Gilmour "There's No Way Out of Here".

And the hits keep on coming, you get the picture...

Styx "Man in the Wilderness" is also a great Styx song

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Rush, Fly by Night.
That was the first "rock" concert I had ever attended in 1975.

PlumLoco

Reaction score
@C-2 We saw John Fogerty at Soboba a looong time ago. He was the first artist I ever heard ask/tell people to put down the phones, stop living life thru a viewfinder, and to enjoy the evening the old fashioned way.
I hate his politics, but he continues to produce good stuff.

nowski

Reaction score
Styx "Man in the Wilderness" is also a great Styx song

When The Grand Illusion came out I'd get off work, kick back (with an ice cold Lowenbrau or two or three etc.) and listen to this album and wonder what kind of man I'll become...

humvkev

Reaction score
Going to the river younger my uncle and dad would put on the soundtrack "Good Morning Vietnam". Still put that sound track on when talking about the river. We heard it so much my brothers and I can basically recite all of Robin Williams parts between the songs.

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Havasu Palms/Landing days w/ old friends - Stone Temple Pilots,Nirvana,Soundgarden,Red Hot Chili Peppers Gn'R- The list goes on.