WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s the song or band that takes you back?

cofooter

Reaction score
Eagles, Creedence, Bob Seger primarily and Deep Purple. HIghway Star and Space Truckin was what we put on when we'd head out across the desert. And then there was that AC/DC album that had a Whole Lot of Rosie that played non-stop on one of the early high school river trips. That music still brings me back!!!!

mobldj

Reaction score
maggie may,1st piece of ass to this song.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

My wife can play the guitar perfectly like Brian Maclean does on this:

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
LOL, my brother got so much tail during Disco, I missed it by....that much.

But I'm all in on Disco and have just finished rebuilding my one's and two's, and shortly I'll be mixing freestyle, funk, early hip hop and DISCO!

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Obviously. Take me to the river.. Talking Heads

Reactions: C-2

TexasJet

Reaction score
The year, 1962 ( graduated H.S.). I dated a girl all year knowing she was moving away as soon as school was out. She was my first love and I had it bad. The song, Sealed with a Kiss by Brian Hyland. From time to time I still think of her.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

My wife can play the guitar perfectly like Brian Maclean does on this:
… Damn Brian McLean’s shoes are not too easy to fill… he was a great guitarist and also a great songwriter…
…Must have seen Love play 100 times…Love had the potential to be a worldwide phenomenon but they pretty much did not play outside of California as Arthur Lee …lead singer was black and in the late 60s he was afraid to tour the south …Arthur Lee was a genius and self-proclaimed…the first black hippie…👍
… sounds to me like your wife may have perfect pitch???…

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
@C-2 We saw John Fogerty at Soboba a looong time ago. He was the first artist I ever heard ask/tell people to put down the phones, stop living life thru a viewfinder, and to enjoy the evening the old fashioned way.
I hate his politics, but he continues to produce good stuff.
Was at this show too, bunch of people in the rows in front t of us complaining that it was too loud. When rhe got up and left we moved down front. He put on a great show

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
The year, 1962 ( graduated H.S.). I dated a girl all year knowing she was moving away as soon as school was out. She was my first love and I had it bad. The song, Sealed with a Kiss by Brian Hyland. From time to time I still think of her.
…I graduated in 63… And I would say probably late 1966 Brian Hyland would come into this little beer bar called the Pier 7 in Van Nuys and sing with a band southwind who had just arrived in California…Got to be close friends with the Southwind guys…and for the life of me right now I can’t remember what the tie in was with Brian Hyland and these guys who were just out to Hollywood from Oklahoma???…Dunno???…

73mandella

Reaction score
Agreed, John Fogerty is a great musician. My pops died when I was 19, and just this morning my uncle told me to come pick up my pops record collection. "Are his Creedence records in there?" I asked. Yup he said. Can't wait, as a small child I remembered listening to Creedence, and Herb Alpert!

That should take you back listening to the old LP(s). I have to dig mine out of the garage to see what I have. Even if I do, I don’t have a record player anymore. I’ve been listening to Fogerty’s Centerfield the last couple days.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Captain Geech And The Shrimp Shack Shooters, The Twist, and most stuff on the Motown label ... :)