WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What’s this?

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
Was getting diesel today at a 76 and this was the type of diesel. Never seen this before. Any idea?
B45FE75C-CE3F-435F-8EEE-4182C6126E53.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Biodiesel I believe...we don't have anything like that here 🤔

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
Don’t use it period. That stuff turns to a jelly clogging up oil burners here in the northeast. So God knows You shouldn’t run it in your truck

Apex svt

Reaction score
Don’t use it period. That stuff turns to a jelly clogging up oil burners here in the northeast. So God knows You shouldn’t run it in your truck
You sure it’s the same? Assuming this is California, Marathon bought/transitioned an existing petroleum refinery to a renewable diesel refinery. The huge upside over bio diesel is that it carries the same or better cloud point/gel point as straight diesel. Where as bio gels up at much warmer temperature.

I believe the west coast has the only renewable diesel refinery. Again, this is different than what we know as bio diesel.

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
You sure it’s the same? Assuming this is California, Marathon bought/transitioned an existing petroleum refinery to a renewable diesel refinery. The huge upside over bio diesel is that it carries the same or better cloud point/gel point as straight diesel. Where as bio gels up at much warmer temperature.

I believe the west coast has the only renewable diesel refinery. Again, this is different than what we know as bio diesel.
All I can tell you is that the filters end up with a thick jelly from the “ bio- Diesel” here

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
"Often called “green diesel” or “second generation diesel,” refers to petrodiesel-like fuels derived from biological sources that are chemically not esters and thus distinct from biodiesel. Renewable diesel is chemically the same as petrodiesel, but it is made of recently living biomass. The term ‘renewable diesel’ means fuel derived from biomass (as defined in section 45K(c)(3)) using a thermal depolymerization process which meets- (A) the registration requirements for fuels and fuel additives established by the Environmental Protection Agency under section 211 of the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7545), and (B) the requirements of the American Society of Testing and Materials D975 or D396. The IRS’s ruling refers to any biomass process using heat as “thermal depolymerization” and the processed fuel is eligible for the $1-per-gallon blender’s tax credit. Renewable diesel blends follow the same nomenclature as biodiesel. Renewable diesel in its pure form is designated R100 while a blend comprised of 20% renewable diesel and 80% petrodiesel is called R20. Because renewable diesel is chemically the same as petrodiesel, it can be mixed with petrodiesel in any proportion but users may need to add an additive to address lubricity issue associated with compounds with no oxygen." - OPIS.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I just this hour bought 33 gallons of it at COSTCO.

RCDave

Reaction score
I wouldn't put that stuff in my rig.

It has the tendency to deep clean the fuel tank and lines. Then clogging the fuel filters and possibly injectors.....

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
I wouldn't put that stuff in my rig.

It has the tendency to deep clean the fuel tank and lines. Then clogging the fuel filters and possibly injectors.....

But will it run in my 7.3?

Dan'l

Apex svt

Reaction score
"Often called “green diesel” or “second generation diesel,” refers to petrodiesel-like fuels derived from biological sources that are chemically not esters and thus distinct from biodiesel. Renewable diesel is chemically the same as petrodiesel, but it is made of recently living biomass. The term ‘renewable diesel’ means fuel derived from biomass (as defined in section 45K(c)(3)) using a thermal depolymerization process which meets- (A) the registration requirements for fuels and fuel additives established by the Environmental Protection Agency under section 211 of the Clean Air Act (42 U.S.C. 7545), and (B) the requirements of the American Society of Testing and Materials D975 or D396. The IRS’s ruling refers to any biomass process using heat as “thermal depolymerization” and the processed fuel is eligible for the $1-per-gallon blender’s tax credit. Renewable diesel blends follow the same nomenclature as biodiesel. Renewable diesel in its pure form is designated R100 while a blend comprised of 20% renewable diesel and 80% petrodiesel is called R20. Because renewable diesel is chemically the same as petrodiesel, it can be mixed with petrodiesel in any proportion but users may need to add an additive to address lubricity issue associated with compounds with no oxygen." - OPIS.

Ahhh, this brings up another good point. The station most likely buys/sells R99 because the refiner blends the 1% diesel so they can claim the blend credit & RIN. Same way almost all Bio refiners sell their product.
I’m Out of the wholesale fuel game now, but it all works the same.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I ran an old 12 valve for 3 years on nothing but used oil, at and old peanut oil. Ran great

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Mcchevy69ss

Reaction score
Why? Just curious if you know something. I read reports that it has been tested safe for modern pumps and meets the factory standards.
Does not provide adequate lubrication to the high pressure fuel pump. B20 is the max Ford will stand behind. Warranty won’t cover use of this fuel.

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
Does not provide adequate lubrication to the high pressure fuel pump. B20 is the max Ford will stand behind. Warranty won’t cover use of this fuel.
Thank you for this info. Do you have link for that statement from Ford? Because this fuel is going to become the norm in California and I want to know how to deal with this and Ford