WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What a difference a year makes.

Reaction score
To paint the picture.

I was miserable. My job, my home life, physically, mentally, pretty much so down on life it's wasn't even funny. I woke up on my 33rd birthday, sat on the edge of my bed( my ex wife was already sleeping in the other room) and I decided I had enough. I wasn't myself and I had to get my life back. That was oct 14th 2012.

The past year has been a tough one. Anyone who has gone through a divorce knows. I made a decision that changed a lot of peoples lives. But, at the end of the day my life mattered.

Fast forward to May, ( let the flaming begin) I met the women of my dreams in the little cross fit gym. Since then life has been amazing. She has totally changed my out look on life, she showed me that there still are good women out there. If you asked me this time last year if I would think i would be this happy I would have laughed at you. Life is truly awesome.

I have to say thank you to a few people around this place. These guys really helped through a lot over the past year.

SML, JBS, TOM BROWN, RIVERMOBSTER, CAVE, and MITCHELL

Brian. You helped me through a lot. You were the first to know my intentions and you stuck it out with me when I was ready to snap.

Jeff. You and your family open your guys house every Thursday for 3 months to me. You guys were there for me like no one else was. Thank you to you and les for that.

Joe. You gave me a different perspective. You gave me a lot of advice. Your pep talks helped me more then you will know.

Brown. Guys brown checked up on me weekly. Weather it was making fun of me, or asking about my mom and making sure I was solid. Not many people did that, let alone some funny looking Canadian.

Jimmy. Thank you, you were the one who hung out with me countless nights at the bar when all of this was going down. You drove my drunk ass home from the lake a few times and you were a true friend.

Mitch. Not much I can say. Besides, I closed you son of a bitch. :D

There is a ton of other people who helped me, bill, lynch, Dave and Stacy, MM, just to name a few.

Thank you to all of you. You don't really know who your friends are till you go through tough times.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Joker

Reaction score
Congratulations on finding happiness and not giving up. :thumbup:

charlyox

Reaction score
I am glad things turned around for you. Many of us have been thru our own personal B.S. and found that "life does get better". Congrats to you. You have come a long way.:thumbup:

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I'm really happy to hear how things are working out for you. When are you coming to visit the Delta & NorCal? We got an extra bedroom & an extra truck (you know all the parts that went into each before I left) for you anytime. Hope your Mom is doing well also.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
You're in a better place T. Good for you for making the tough decisions. :thumbup: divorce, marriage, its really no one else's business. You gotta do what makes you happy.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Glad you found a happy place T!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Tyro I am happy that your life is back on the path up! I wish nothing but the best for you and your new gal!

Reactions: JBS

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Great to hear...

Life is too short to settle for mediocrity.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Glad to hear that things are going so well for you now!

Froggystyle

Reaction score
Feel good post of the year! Congrats T... Good to see you pop out the other side!

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Life is short Tyro. I'm glad you decided to get your life back on track again. Best of luck to you in the future.

Congrats on the marriage. :thumbup:;):D

Reaction score
Life is short Tyro. I'm glad you decided to get your life back on track again. Best of luck to you in the future.

Congrats on the marriage. :thumbup:;):D

I'm not getting married terrorist.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Tyro. U know already how I feel about how things are going for ya. Not only did u find a great girl but she found a great guy. MAny years to you both. Very happy for ya. :).

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Great news, glad to hear things are getting better for you!:thumbsup

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
Congrats Tyro, can you PM me McRibs phone number?

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Congrats 460,
Not much you and I agree on ,
that said,
Having been through a divorce, I know the downs that come with it. Glad to see your friends stepped up. A lot of good people around here for sure. Good luck with everything.:thumbsup

Cajun

Reaction score
For years and years I held off the notion of divorce because of the kids and people thinking I was being selfish. In the end, it was my life, and I didn't like where it was. Divorce can destroy everything you ever knew about yourself emotionally. Every letter in the mail from her attorney will make your head spin and well up with anxiety. After 4 years of that brutal battle, my only wish is that I would have done it sooner.
Congrats on your new path.

Last edited:

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
Glad to hear you're happy,good luck in the future.

Good things can happen when you try a different color steering wheel;)

H20-ski

Long Member
Reaction score
Get divorced twice, it's easier the second time. :D

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Glad to hear things are going well for you 460 :tbi

Buoy

Cynical Sarcastic F-er
Reaction score
For years vas years I held off the notion of divorce because of the kids and people thinking I was being selfish. In the end, it was my life, and I didn't like where it was. Divorce can destroy everything you ever knew about yourself emotionally. Every letter in the mail from her attorney will make your head spin and well up with anxiety. After 4 years of that brutal battle, my only wish is that I would have done it sooner.
Congrats on your new path.

Making the divorce decision for me was extremely difficult.
Being brought up VERY Catholic, that "til death do you part" shit was taken pretty seriously in my family. I eventually just made my ex so pissed at me that she finally was the one to say "I want a divorce" and I just said "me too"
In my own mind I was off the hook a bit because she brought it up first.
I disappeared/wasn't welcome/didn't talk to family for a few years because they didn't approve of divorce.
Because my daughter was 2yrs when the divorce occurred, and now 14, the battle still continues in some ways.

I now have a great wife of 10 yrs that makes me happy.

Congrats Tyro - all the best to you.

JBS

Reaction score
Ty my friend. Glad to see you going public :)

You are a good man and deserve all the happiness in the world.

Love you brother.

Long Way Home

Dog Days of Summer!
Reaction score
Breakups are very hard ordeals with someone you once loved and knowing you weren't meant to be together. Once back in the 90's when I was in the middle of a break up a good friend said it's time to move on, there is no right or wrong in this relationship it's just bad timing in your life.
He said I need a Happiness Cocktail and it's time to find that cocktail that you need in your life. That something that makes wants to get up in the morning. There are some things that you can do to start to bring the happiness back into your life and to make yourself feel better, it's about living your life and how do you want live it. After the talk we went on a three day drinking binge with friends at the river to clear my head. Thank God for good friends.
It was hard to pick up and move but now looking back it was best for both of us. Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go. I found my Happiness Cocktail and getting ready to celebrate 13 years with her next month.
460, Best of luck to you and your new life.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
To paint the picture.

I was miserable. My job, my home life, physically, mentally, pretty much so down on life it's wasn't even funny. I woke up on my 33rd birthday, sat on the edge of my bed( my ex wife was already sleeping in the other room) and I decided I had enough. I wasn't myself and I had to get my life back. That was oct 14th 2012.

The past year has been a tough one. Anyone who has gone through a divorce knows. I made a decision that changed a lot of peoples lives. But, at the end of the day my life mattered.

Fast forward to May, ( let the flaming begin) I met the women of my dreams in the little cross fit gym. Since then life has been amazing. She has totally changed my out look on life, she showed me that there still are good women out there. If you asked me this time last year if I would think i would be this happy I would have laughed at you. Life is truly awesome.

I have to say thank you to a few people around this place. These guys really helped through a lot over the past year.

SML, JBS, TOM BROWN, RIVERMOBSTER, CAVE, and MITCHELL

Brian. You helped me through a lot. You were the first to know my intentions and you stuck it out with me when I was ready to snap.

Jeff. You and your family open your guys house every Thursday for 3 months to me. You guys were there for me like no one else was. Thank you to you and les for that.

Joe. You gave me a different perspective. You gave me a lot of advice. Your pep talks helped me more then you will know.

Brown. Guys brown checked up on me weekly. Weather it was making fun of me, or asking about my mom and making sure I was solid. Not many people did that, let alone some funny looking Canadian.

Jimmy. Thank you, you were the one who hung out with me countless nights at the bar when all of this was going down. You drove my drunk ass home from the lake a few times and you were a true friend.

Mitch. Not much I can say. Besides, I closed you son of a bitch. :D

There is a ton of other people who helped me, bill, lynch, Dave and Stacy, MM, just to name a few.

Thank you to all of you. You don't really know who your friends are till you go through tough times.

Sorry for the long winded post.

Fuck!!! I just saw this...

And when we talked this morning, you didn't say shit about it. Focker. :p

You know how happy I am for you and your whole clan. Makes me smile to know that I helped. :thumbsup

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Happy for you T...what a difference a year can make I'm glad you were able to move forward and not look back...now get your ass out to the river!

Reaction score
Fuck!!! I just saw this...

And when we talked this morning, you didn't say shit about it. Focker. :p

You know how happy I am for you and your whole clan. Makes me smile to know that I helped. :thumbsup

I figured that's why you called me. Thanks again man. I really do owe you guys.

Reaction score
Happy for you T...what a difference a year can make I'm glad you were able to move forward and not look back...now get your ass out to the river!

Might be out in November. The griz is down so we will probably find a place to kick it. I will let you know.

PLACECRAFT20

Reaction score
Funny 460, my wife left me 2 years ago. We have a great 9yr old and to have to continue to communicate with her is a pain in the ass. She is a great mom. I met someone about 6 months later. After 8 months of her I knew what hell was for sure. I was at rock bottom last Christmas as well and the economy and my attitude ruining my business left me thinking things would never change.
I went out on accident last New Year's Eve. (I never go out then).
I met a girl that I had not seen in a few years that had also been divorced a while. What a life changing experience. We have not separated since. We combined two business (home construction) and have never looked back. We work well together and come home happy as can be. She has a very nice house with no shop, I have a nice small house with 10acres and a large shop, we still have not figured that out yet but we are in no hurry. The point is, it is amazing what starting over with the correct person can do for your life.
Congrats 460 glad there are two of us that found great lady's and a new life!

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Might be out in November. The griz is down so we will probably find a place to kick it. I will let you know.

I'm pretty sure I know someone or two that have a spare room and seats in their boat/boats