WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
In my youth I heard these words often enough I had them memorized. ;)

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

IMG_2272.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
If you're a KISS fan this one is bad ass. Early Kiss....Frehley walking the bridge with one hand (in 1975) and Criss doing a bang up job. Weird to see them with half ass makeup, looks like they were still sorting their looks out.

I thought I would be fast forwarding through the vid for the best songs, but nope, the whole vid is good.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
If you're a KISS fan this one is bad ass. Early Kiss....Frehley walking the bridge with one hand (in 1975) and Criss doing a bang up job. Weird to see them with half ass makeup, looks like they were still sorting their looks out.

I thought I would be fast forwarding through the vid for the best songs, but nope, the whole vid is good.

I am a massive Kiss fan and historian by default. This in an incredible performance.. Two years later I saw KISS at the Forum in LA.. August of 1977, I was 11 years old, my Dad took my Brother and I.. Fucking blew my mind.... Saw them again in 1979, then went on to see them a dozen times including concerts in Europe. Today, with them lying to their fans about their retirement and having Eric and Tommy dressed up as Pete and Ace they are pretty much dead to me... lol...

C-2

Reaction score
I am a massive Kiss fan and historian by default. This in an incredible performance.. Two years later I saw KISS at the Forum in LA.. August of 1977, I was 11 years old, my Dad took my Brother and I.. Fucking blew my mind.... Saw them again in 1979, then went on to see them a dozen times including concerts in Europe. Today, with them lying to their fans about their retirement and having Eric and Tommy dressed up as Pete and Ace they are pretty much dead to me... lol...
We are the same age. As much as I wanted to see them, it didn't happen until 85', then saw them many times after that, including Halloween at Dodger Stadium, the reunion Psycho Circus tour with Smashing Pumpkins. My brother was at your show in 77.

Saw them last year at Irvine and I was telling Tim - the Kiss concert was cut short/cancelled at the end of the show due to lightning. But there really was lightning and a downpour, unlike the Cruel World fiasco we went to, where there was only a couple of flashes of lightning.

I got a cool story...somewhat about Peter Criss. I was hired by the attorneys for The Star tabloid to find a Peter Criss imposter. The Star ran a story about Criss being drunk and homeless and living on the streets of Santa Monica. Criss sued the tabloid and the case was going to trial. There was a guy who resembled Criss who was a homeless drunk, in Santa Monica, and I was tasked with finding the imposter and physically bringing him to the trial to testify. I ran around the streets of Santa Monica/Third Street Promenade area looking for this guy for two weeks, but I never found him. My boss was too cheap to give me bribe money to pay the other drunks/derelicts to tell me where he was at.

A few years back I accidentally found a whole damn Phil Donahue show on Criss, and the imposter. F*me, back when I was trying to find him, all I had to ID the guy was a grainy black and white photo lol lol

I also have a cool Motown story; for another day.

Last edited:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
We are the same age. As much as I wanted to see them, it didn't happen until 85', then saw them many times after that, including Halloween at Dodger Stadium, Psycho Circus with Smashing Pumpkins. My brother was at your show in 77.

Saw them last year at Irvine and I was telling Tim - that concert was also cancelled due to lightning (at the end). But there really was lightning and a downpour, unlike the Cruel World fiasco we went to.

I got a cool story about trying to find a Peter Criss imposter...I was hired by the attorneys for The Star tabloid to find a Peter Criss imposter. They ran a story about Criss being drunk and homeless and living on the streets of Santa Monica. Criss sued the tabloid and the case was going to trial. I ran around the streets of Santa Monica looking for this guy for two weeks, but never found him. My boss was too cheap to give me bribe money to pay the other drunks to take me to him so I could take him to trial.

A few years back I accidentally found a whole damn Phil Donahue show on Criss, and the imposter. F*me, all I had to ID the guy was a grainy black and white photo lol lol

I also have a cool Motown story; for another day.

That's so crazy... I remember when this was all going on. What a shit show..

Reactions: C-2

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
James Gang

James Gang Rides Again

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
!

What was your line of work?
Private investigator. I still am, but now I have a full time gig as an investigator with the State. The State actually pays me, unlike private clients 😄

C-2

Reaction score
Couple of new pieces...

Black Sabbath. Beautiful record and insert, and even though it's remastered, the sound quality is just okay. Kinda disappointed, but it's a nice record.

Then again, I'm only running a single set of speakers and subs until I find time to build some speaker cables and re-configure my other speaker sets.

IMG-8558.jpg

Last edited: