Damn, Phil Collins is all kinds of fuccered up :( Skip to 4:22 for Turn It On

C-2

Reaction score
These guys are radical - every cover they do

C-2

Reaction score
I love this crew.

They look all in, too.

As in...hmmm, should we but a new guitar pedal/effect, or food for the week?

Ramen noodles for the win!

MOUZER

Reaction score
wife and i r doing karoke at home after a few pitchers of margies and she dont drink...all me....rod stewart right now......for ever young song to r son

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Finally looked to see if I had a Grateful Dead Mars Hotel album and I don’t… I don’t even have it on CD ???..,So I thought this will be a no-brainer I’ll just find a used one online… I looked and… man they are pricey..,
…Anybody out there got a Grateful Dead from the Mars Hotel vinyl they would like to sell???…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Dang, you're not kidding, even the CD is $15+-

…I may have it on Cassett if it didn’t burn up at Lake OroviIle …I remember it being a great Road tape…
…Just looked at the one small stash I still have of cassettes… No Mars Hotel but two cassettes done by the Dead tapers… one from Philadelphia in 1985 and the other one from somewhere in 1984???…The only problem being I’m not sure I have anything to play cassettes on…I’m a little afraid to put cassettes in the player in my Buick convert in the garage …as the radio won’t even play and the 10 CD player won’t play …maybe that’s because the car has been sitting in the garage for like seven or eight years …something like that…

.., just discovered that my expedition has a cassette player in it… So I took the two live dead shows that the tapers had done on cassette… And they play… They are from 1985… About the time that I went to three different dead shows… …they sound pretty good… One sounds a little bit slow …don’t know whether it’s the cassette player or perhaps the dead were chasing the Dragon so to speak…

Last edited:
Reactions: C-2

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Grace Slick before the Jefferson Airplabe…
… good thing I wasn’t in the Bay Area in the mid 60s… I might have experimented with psychedelic drugs… errr…ahhh…hmmm???…

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Saw them play probably early 1967 at the Cheetah in Santa Monica which had originally been the Aaragon Ball Room where the Lawrence Welk TV show had been broadcast from……Unfortunately the old Aragon burned to the ground/water and I believe that fire was the same fire that took out Pacific Ocean park… the amusement park on what is now the Santa Monica pier….This show and many more like it in the late 60s we’re basically psychedelic drug oriented… But the Cheetah had a bar …so where did I hang out ..:in the bar
… The opening band was a group from I believe LA called Clear Light …on Electra records… There was a third band… And I kind of think it would’ve been Love with Arther Lee… these three bands did some serious psychedelic guitar strangeling…
… looks like I was wrong the other two bands besides quicksilver were Steppenwolf and kaleidoscope… I checked quicksilver‘s history..,
tah

Last edited:

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Throwing back shots and chillin with my crew....😂😂🤩
20210926_001648.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Phobe Snow… Uh oh I see problems in the future for me loading pictures???Dunno???…
AE98DBDD-FD65-4EC6-A75B-3164DBF71237.jpeg

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
…I may have it on Cassett if it didn’t burn up at Lake OroviIle …I remember it being a great Road tape…
…Just looked at the one small stash I still have of cassettes… No Mars Hotel but two cassettes done by the Dead tapers… one from Philadelphia in 1985 and the other one from somewhere in 1984???…The only problem being I’m not sure I have anything to play cassettes on…I’m a little afraid to put cassettes in the player in my Buick convert in the garage …as the radio won’t even play and the 10 CD player won’t play …maybe that’s because the car has been sitting in the garage for like seven or eight years …something like that…

.., just discovered that my expedition has a cassette player in it… So I took the two live dead shows that the tapers had done on cassette… And they play… They are from 1985… About the time that I went to three different dead shows… …they sound pretty good… One sounds a little bit slow …don’t know whether it’s the cassette player or perhaps the dead were chasing the Dragon so to speak…

Vintage cassette players still command a decent price. Why, is beyond me. I have a DJ edition Denon dual cassette deck. Dj edition because it has pitch control and is rack mountable.

You can find deals on OfferUp, you just need to be patient and be ready to go if you see something you like.

C-2

Reaction score
…Saw them play probably early 1967 at the Cheetah in Santa Monica which had originally been the Aaragon Ball Room where the Lawrence Welk TV show had been broadcast from……Unfortunately the old Aragon burned to the ground/water and I believe that fire was the same fire that took out Pacific Ocean park… the amusement park on what is now the Santa Monica pier….This show and many more like it in the late 60s we’re basically psychedelic drug oriented… But the Cheetah had a bar …so where did I hang out ..:in the bar
… The opening band was a group from I believe LA called Clear Light …on Electra records… There was a third band… And I kind of think it would’ve been Love with Arther Lee… these three bands did some serious psychedelic guitar strangeling…
… looks like I was wrong the other two bands besides quicksilver were Steppenwolf and kaleidoscope… I checked quicksilver‘s history..,
tah

Awesome. Saw the Bangles back in 88' at the Santa Monica Civic. Belinda Carlisle from the Go-Go's (and her entourage) stood next to us and danced the whole show, mostly unnoticed.

Speaking of psychedelic, that's why I dig the Bangles so much. They play their guitars all jangly style, they call it "Paisley" style/Paisley Underground.

True story - although the Bangles were first aired by Rodney on the Rock on KROQ, they were played mainstream on 95.5 KLOS.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...054415/?hash=5a107ff77496cbbbeebaffd5cd3c01a3
Vintage cassette players still command a decent price. Why, is beyond me. I have a DJ edition Denon dual cassette deck. Dj edition because it has pitch control and is rack mountable.

You can find deals on OfferUp, you just need to be patient and be ready to go if you see something you like.
…Another funny regarding cassettes… In the notebook type thing that the cassettes were in… Right next to the two Grateful Dead tapes was a Cassette of Sons Of Pioneers…
…Denon made good stuff👍

C-2

Reaction score
https://www.riverdavesplace.com/for...054415/?hash=5a107ff77496cbbbeebaffd5cd3c01a3

…Another funny regarding cassettes… In the notebook type thing that the cassettes were in… Right next to the two Grateful Dead tapes was a Cassette of Sons Of Pioneers…
…Denon made good stuff👍

Right on, I grew up on oldschool country and it's still one of my favorite genres. I recently bought a bunch of old country records, paid only a dollar or two for each of them. Even got the 18-year old daughter singing to Waylon, Merle, Dolly and Tammy and on and on...

You remember those "K-Tel" commercials on TV peddling various artist records? They sound great, barely used.

I got this wild Charlie Rich "Quadraphonic" record, it deserves its own post, really neat record sleeve explaining how Quadraphonic was recorded and the cutting edge equipment that supported it. I'll post it soon.

IMG-5990.jpg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
A friend made reference to this song on FB a little while ago. Of course I had to chime in.
Totally reminds me of early high school.
I’ve never seen them or this video live until now.

C-2

Reaction score
A friend made reference to this song on FB a little while ago. Of course I had to chime in.
Totally reminds me of early high school.
I’ve never seen them or this video live until now.

How is that possible, you mean never saw them in concert or you never know what they looked like?

Earlier today I heard "The Logical Song" and thought about what age I was when I sang along to that song as it played from a crappy, single speaker 8-track Sears mini boom box of some sort, lol.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… The Jefferson airplane on a rooftop in Manhattan 1969… And surprisingly enough they did not get arrested… I think…

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Met one of the pioneers. He used to come to the general store in Trabuco canyon every so often. He had some great stories to tell
.., The Trabucco Canyon store used to be owned by a friend of mine Gary Emory …can’t remember when he sold it???…

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
How is that possible, you mean never saw them in concert or you never know what they looked like?
Both.
Never saw them in concert and don’t know why but never really seen them in pictures or videos. 🤷‍♂️

C-2

Reaction score
Both.
Never saw them in concert and don’t know why but never really seen them in pictures or videos. 🤷‍♂️

Yeah you make a good point, absent YT, not sure if I ever knew what Roger Dodgson looked like either. They were mostly old news by the time MTV came around.

Carry on :D

C-2

Reaction score
Great song.
I’m staring to get into Volbeat. They have a distinctive sound yet are so eclectic style wise.

Same here, their version of Kitty Well's "Makin Believe" is great...not sure if it's better than Social D's cover, maybe...what do you think?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Love Shinedown.
Too bad not enough love to Zack on this song.
Zack Meyers is as important to Shinedown as Brent is.