WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Well I'm at my local sports bar, cross-eyed cricket. Mark Morrison return of the mack is playing. I didn't know what it was but sounded old school to me. Had to Shazam it.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Love Slash.
I’m bummed I didn’t realize he was what made Guns and Roses I’d guess early 90’s. 🤘🤘

C-2

Reaction score
So believe it or not, Target and Walmart online are decent resources for newly re-issued vinyl. Cheap, too.

Right now Walmart has Kiss, Motley Crew and Joan Jett records on sale for $15 each. The Kiss and Motley Crew are double-record sets and pressed on colored vinyl, I'm gonna pick them up tomorrow.

Got my Fleetwood Mac colored vinyl from Target - sounds pretty good! Still waiting on Prince Purple Rain that is issued in.....purple vinyl.

IMG-6196.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
Okay I get it now...John Prine....

I think over the years I've heard this song on and off (most likely, you have too), but DAMN what a great song.

And listen to this band, dude rips on the flute (yes, the flute and apparently he passed away soon after), the guitarist shreds, and Tedeschi's vocal sounds as if the song was written for her.

C-2

Reaction score
The purple Prince record came in over the weekend 👍

IMG-6202.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
BTW, until 11/27, Target Online has BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE on selected music. You need to look at the 'details" tab and then thumb thru the "eligible items", all their music is not on sale.

50 pages of records and CD's to choose from. All vinyl are re-issues, some are colored vinyl, a decent number of CD's at okay prices.

Some great selections, lots of Beatles, two Zepps, Marley "Legend", a few of Queen (News of the World, Sheer Heart attack, A Night at the Opera, Greatest Hits ($$)) first Foo Fighters record, NIN, Pearl jam 10, Garth Brooks No Fences for $12, Hendrix are you Experienced etc

If you sign up for the ATM "Red Card" you get 10% off and free shipping.

Some of the records are spendy...hmmm, this might be a way to snake a few $40-$60 records for free

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Great song. I Finally got around to listening to them on Spotify today. They have some songs that are ok or I just don’t like (Big Me). But some like this one and Learning to Walk, I just love.

I fukin love these guys. I saw Pat Smear when he played for the Germs in the 80s.

I dig this track.