What are you listening to, right now?

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
@napanutt good stuff!

9EDBA1A5-DAEC-4DAC-B3F0-C631EDEADCEC.jpeg

707dog

Reaction score
The sound of my courtesy flushes so wife don't hang me. Bbq and a milk shake didn't goes as planned🤣🤣

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Im sitting in a bar in universal city listening to a night of 4 heavy metal bands…

C-2

Reaction score
So I got the Raspberry Pi "streamer" up and running. Super small, there's a quarter next to it for size comparison. Below photo is the finished product inside a small aluminum heat-sink case.

Attached is a cheap but effective DAC, a SoundBlaster Play, which costs about $20. A "DAC" stands for "digital to analog converter". It takes a digital signal and converts it back to an analog signal that is then converted to sound/music. Your phone, computer, TV, and many other devices have small DAC's in them.

IMG-6246.jpg

IMG-6248.jpg

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
So I got the Raspberry Pi "streamer" up and running. Super small, there's a quarter next to it for size comparison. Below photo is the finished product inside a small aluminum heat-sink case.

Attached is a cheap but effective DAC, a SoundBlaster Play, which costs about $20. A "DAC" stands for "digital to analog converter". It takes a digital signal and converts it back to an analog signal that is then converted to sound/music. Your phone, computer, TV, and many other devices have small DAC's in them.

View attachment 1070084

View attachment 1070085

What would be the typical use case for this device?

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I know I’ve posted this one before.
Came on satellite radio while I was fixing dinner. 🤘

C-2

Reaction score
What would be the typical use case for this device?
To be used as a dedicated music "streamer."

Your computer and phone also act as streamers, but the Raspeberry Pi does not have any moving parts like fans and hard drives and thus, it will not introduce "noise" into the music stream. The Pi can also control Network Attached Storage devices (NAS) that hold all your CD's that you ripped onto hard drives.

BUT the Pi DOES NOT sound any better than running Tidal from my computer with a low-cost, but kick ass USB "Helm Bolt" DAC!

Visually my computer setup looks like this;

Win10 computer with Tidal music service---->Helm Bolt plugged into the computer USB port---->Output of the Helm Bolt plugged into an RCA cable---->RCA cable plugged into stereo system. Pretty simple setup and it sounds great.

In the future I will use the Pi as a dedicated streamer, but right now I would rather spend money on better interconnect cables, CD's to rip, and vinyl.

mobldj

Reaction score
this is a great remix.fk metal...unless your paying me to play it.lol

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…These guys…and they are really loud…@ the Universal Bar and Grill…No Ho Ca…
B8CF3BAD-4E61-451A-84EB-3A524A56B208.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…now these guys…they should call themselves the screamin head bangers…

… Let’s see… Charming would be the wrong description of this evenings entertainment… I think I would call it something like …very well done “brutal”…
CFDF2EF2-2C99-46A5-A266-CC55761A04FC.jpeg

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… listening to this and halfway through the autobiography of Graham Nash… Quite interesting the info on the making of this album while Graham Nash was involved in a relationship with Joni Mitchell…
after they shot the album photo cover they realized that the three guys were out of sequence with the names above them… They went back the next day to re-shoot the photo on the porch of this abandon house… And the house had been bulldozed… they used the photo anyway… I remember noticing that faux pas the day I bought the album… that was a long long time ago…

image.jpg

Last edited: