WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
3:36 in the morning. Right now I'm listening to my wife's snoring. LOL.

Roll over, dammit!
Things they never told you in school. :p
I wonder how much trouble we would get into if we all recorded this phenominom and compared notes? LOL

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Just found this on YouTube...I could be mistaken but I’m pretty sure this chick hit on me when I lived in Santa Barbara she was singing a few nights a week at a club on the main street ...I forget where I was standing but she had her back to the audience and she said here’s a song for a man but I would really like to meet ...then she turned around and stared at me ...what did I do ...I froze... That would’ve been roughly 1981...

Looks like Barbara Wood and The Moments had a reunion in 2018 at the Soho Club in Santa Barbara ...not too sure where that is???...

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
W - T - F

When did Johnny turn into Chaz?

johnny_became_chaz.JPG

C-2

Reaction score
Crap, think I'll throw myself off a bridge now; I give up. Getting old sucks!

C-2

Reaction score
Stumbled on this last night and realized I missed an epic performance by the Bangles at Kaboo last fall; epic because they play their original tunes before they went pop. "Paisley Underground" days.

The original lineup with Annette Zilinskas on bass.

I recently read Sue Hoffs grew up with/dated David Roback from Mazzy Star, who died a couple of weeks ago. Now their sound makes sense.

Hoffs is still smoking hot at age 61 on her Rickenbacker.

The set gets good at 10:00, but the audience was probably like WTF?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Ex-Guess Who members Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings will embark on their first shows together in 10 years
Randy Bachman and Burton Cummings Reveal U.S. Dates | https://ultimateclassicrock.com/ran...-tour/?utm_source=tsmclip&utm_medium=referral

Thanks for posting that up Willie B
...Burton Cummings wasn’t a regular but would periodically show up at our neighborhood watering hole...The Tonga Hut at Coldwater and Victory in North Hollywood... I am guessing mid 90s???...

C-2

Reaction score

I love that video. One of only a few live performances ever recorded of Hank Sr.

Anita Carter was June Carter’s sister, who went on to marry Bob Wootton, Johnny Cash’s longtime guitarist after Luther Perkins died.

The Cash family was a dynasty in the late 60’s/early 70’s. Does anybody else remember watching the Johnny Cash show? Folsom and then San Quentin with the Carter Sisters, Statler Brothers and Carl Perkins; I imagine Johnny felt like a king.

Anita Carter had a great voice, seen here on the Johnny Cash show singing her spin on Kristofferson’s hit:

And here's Wooton after Cash died. Wootton died a couple of year back, too:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Hearing this live in Seattle, front row 1984 was Just Focking amazing when I was 16. No speakers can reproduce the acoustics. I'm a Al Di Meola fan for life.
RIP Poco. Steve Morse of the Dixie Dregs was there as well but not much footage which is actually backwards. lol

Reactions: C-2