WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

C-2

Reaction score
Did you guys notice that IZ is featured in today's Google Doodle? He would have been 61-years old.

izzy google doodle.JPG

Way cool. For those not familiar with IZ, he is like Elvis, or The Beatles to the Hawaiian's. He's probably the second most popular Hawaiian there is/was, next to King Kamehameha, the first ruler of Hawaii.

I first heard IZ when we visited Kauai in 93' to check out the family vacation home my FIL built on a parcel he bought in the 70's. While there and listening to the radio, I heard IZ's newly-released music, but didn't think much about it.

After returning to the mainland I found myself humming IZ tunes, so I set out to find "Facing Future," his epic CD. I swear, it took about 2-weeks of popping in and out of every freaking record store I stumbled across while working in Los Angeles. Finally, I found a copy at a small record store on the west side of Olympic in West Los Angeles. I still have the CD!

Anyhow, give it a listen, you won't be disappointed. His Over the Rainbow video is approaching 1 billion views...not too shabby for a Hawaiian folk singer.

One my favs, he narrates his life story within the song, it's pretty cool

TrollerDave

Reaction score
Did you guys notice that IZ is featured in today's Google Doodle? He would have been 61-years old.

View attachment 878538

Way cool. For those not familiar with IZ, he is like Elvis, or The Beatles to the Hawaiian's. He's probably the second most popular Hawaiian there is/was, next to King Kamehameha, the first ruler of Hawaii.

I first heard IZ when we visited Kauai in 93' to check out the family vacation home my FIL built on a parcel he bought in the 70's. While there and listening to the radio, I heard IZ's newly-released music, but didn't think much about it.

After returning to the mainland I found myself humming IZ tunes, so I set out to find "Facing Future," his epic CD. I swear, it took about 2-weeks of popping in and out of every freaking record store I stumbled across while working in Los Angeles. Finally, I found a copy at a small record store on the west side of Olympic in West Los Angeles. I still have the CD!

Anyhow, give it a listen, you won't be disappointed. His Over the Rainbow video is approaching 1 billion views...not too shabby for a Hawaiian folk singer.

One my favs, he narrates his life story within the song, it's pretty cool

Nothing relaxes me like listening to Hawaiian music. I need to listen to it more often.

C-2

Reaction score
F*n love everything about this vid, the song, Steve Harris and his galloping bass, and the story-line itself