WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I shot this 12 years ago with a $50 digital camera ...This is at the theater downtown in Quincy Ca... Longtime member of the Plumas County arts commission...👍..Hit a couple of bars within walking distance after the show....

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score

Alpert is great and I knew he was super successful, but dang, a net worth of $850MM...notwithstanding the $100MM he's given away to music education. Cool guy. Him and Sergio Leone.

And under the threatened penalty of death, nobody touched my pops favorite record...

herb-alperts-tijuana-brass-whipped-cream-and-other-delights-billboard-1548-1024x677.jpg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
The good ol’ days.
10,000+ hanging out watching a band play.

MoreyMcC

Reaction score
Don’t know if this has been Discussed yet on here But is Spotify Premium the best sounding music app?

C-2

Reaction score
I'm a new user to Spotify, but I really like it.

My daughter is 17-years old and she listens to oldschool punk, rock, new wave and of course, her modern stuff.

But I noticed whenever we cruise around together, she listens to off-the-beaten-path songs by Bowie, Floyd, the Doors etc..

I realized Spotify suggests and plays other non-hit songs/tracks by artists; whereas, the radio would only play the hits/singles. So as a former radio listener, I was only used to the spoon-fed selections radio stations played. Unless of course, I bought the records itself and discovered the hidden gems.

So for that reason, its awesome!

I also listen to Internet radio stations - which are HD quality feeds for free. You can stream from wireless data, or from WiFi thru different apps on your phone or desktop. Some stations, like KROQ-HD2 play few commercials, and others like 80's Metal (KNAC 105.5) play mostly PSA's.

I bought an Internet radio for $150 and honestly, it sucks. (Grace Digital)

But, the vintage Tewell Bluetooth speaker box for $49 absolutely rocks, it has huge bass and operates from bluetooth flawlessly. One of the best purchases I've ever made, I stream HD radio at work all day long, and it looks badass!

TEWELL-Retro-Go-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-800x445m.jpg

KevinR

Reaction score
I'm a new user to Spotify, but I really like it.

My daughter is 17-years old and she listens to oldschool punk, rock, new wave and of course, her modern stuff.

But I noticed whenever we cruise around together, she listens to off-the-beaten-path songs by Bowie, Floyd, the Doors etc..

I realized Spotify suggests and plays other non-hit songs/tracks by artists; whereas, the radio would only play the hits/singles. So as a former radio listener, I was only used to the spoon-fed selections radio stations played. Unless of course, I bought the records itself and discovered the hidden gems.

So for that reason, its awesome!

I also listen to Internet radio stations - which are HD quality feeds for free. You can stream from wireless data, or from WiFi thru different apps on your phone or desktop. Some stations, like KROQ-HD2 play few commercials, and others like 80's Metal (KNAC 105.5) play mostly PSA's.

I bought an Internet radio for $150 and honestly, it sucks. (Grace Digital)

But, the vintage Tewell Bluetooth speaker box for $49 absolutely rocks, it has huge bass and operates from bluetooth flawlessly. One of the best purchases I've ever made, I stream HD radio at work all day long, and it looks badass!

TEWELL-Retro-Go-Wireless-Bluetooth-Speaker-800x445m.jpg

Thanks for the tip on this. I’ve been needing to upgrade my garage unit that I connect to the iPhone. Should be here for the weekend.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
What a kick ass concert. Insane or not, Corrigan delivers. Missing Darcy though.

Listen to the harmonies...
Rhinoceros at :20 minutes
Disenchanted at 2:14 two hours/14 mins

C-2

Reaction score
Who else remembers? I remember my dad looking at me, me looking back at my dad, both os us with the WTF did he just say look

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Don’t know if this has been Discussed yet on here But is Spotify Premium the best sounding music app?

I am completely sold on Spotify. Between release radar and discover weekly I add new music constantly.

KevinR

Reaction score
I’ve seen this clip before. Love it. But I cannot figure out if they are smiling because they are enjoying the Welshman or they are laughing at him.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I’ve seen this clip before. Love it. But I cannot figure out if they are smiling because they are enjoying the Welshman or they are laughing at him.
...They may have possibly been thinking about all the blow they can buy with the money they’re getting from his production company...🙀...

Essexive G's

Reaction score
The Claypool Lennon Delerium. For those that may not know, Les Claypool from Primus, and Sean Lennon, (John Lennon’s son). He looks like his dad.