Reaction score
Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil '97

BONER

Reaction score
And. Here. We. Go.....

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My kids are on the verge on 7 and 9. They know the words to all kinds of songs that blow my mind. They couldn't quote one line of "popular" garbage from today yet they know beatles, doors, police, eagles, animals, marley, who, heart, zep, stones, floyd, elton, billy, cash I could go on for ever. I'm a proud dad when they start singing along. My spotify playlist is over 1500 songs at this point and I add to it weekly.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... right now I’m listening to Procol Harum the entire Salty Dog album before that it was Joni Mitchell‘s first album before that the Motels before that the Mink Deville... I haven’t played the stereo in my garage or any of the vinyl albums in probably six or seven years???...I thought I had about 500 vinyl albums probably closer to eight or 900 but I really don’t feel like counting them???...
...Probably a realistic number is 650... I’ve got a few that are warped anybody know the best way to unwarp vinyl???...

Last edited:

BONER

Reaction score
My kids are on the verge on 7 and 9. They know the words to all kinds of songs that blow my mind. They couldn't quote one line of "popular" garbage from today yet they know beatles, doors, police, eagles, animals, marley, who, heart, zep, stones, floyd, elton, billy, cash I could go on for ever. I'm a proud dad when they start singing along. My spotify playlist is over 1500 songs at this point and I add to it weekly.

It happens. They love what they heard early. I'm a prime example. My top 5 are:

1. Motley / DLR Van Halen
2. AC / DC
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Metallica

I'm 40 years old. WAY after these Bands. But with the exception of Metallica, all shit my Old Man was playing when I was still blowing my diapers up. 🤟

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
It happens. They love what they heard early. I'm a prime example. My top 5 are:

1. Motley / DLR Van Halen
2. AC / DC
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Metallica

I'm 40 years old. WAY after these Bands. But with the exception of Metallica, all shit my Old Man was playing when I was still blowing my diapers up. 🤟

I'm close to your age. 39 next month and my earliest memories are my dad having music in the background all the time. I have tried to continue that and it appears to be working.

BONER

Reaction score
I'm close to your age. 39 next month and my earliest memories are my dad having music in the background all the time. I have tried to continue that and it appears to be working.

It's crazy how "background music" shapes a Mind. I listed my top 5, but there's thousands of tracks that remind me of my Old Man, and that I love. Music is weird, but super powerful.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...And then I got into Leslie West/Mountain. Shawn Phillips/Bright Light... Lee Michaels/ Carnival Of Life...Jimi Hendrix/Voodo Child...Peter Green after he left Fleetwood Mac...
...Had to buy online Fleetwood Mac’s Kiln House...There was no record in my album cover???...$15.22...delivered...no clue as to when it will be delivered...Free shipping from Ohio... what could go wrong???...

...Edit...Well here’s what could go wrong... I was going through some more albums and I looked at Fleetwood Mac’s double album Then Play On...the last album with Peter Green ...inside the double album was an extra piece of vinyl... it was the Kiln House vinyl that I was missing...oh well ...so now I will have two Kiln House albums...

Last edited:
Reactions: C-2

BONER

Reaction score

C-2

Reaction score

Yup, same here!

My pops was country in every possible way - we lived in Norco, everything he touched turned to shit, but he worked his ass off, drove old crappy pickups because we were piss-poor, and sadly he died in a drunken collision with a semi truck up on the 40 on his way to vegas.

But, he always had oldschool country playing in the background, and he also liked Creedence, the Beatles, Buddy Holly, and I think he was even warming up to Queen. Our best childhood memories of him were from the Nascar races at Riverside, and on weekends listening to records on his old Gerard turntable and Realistic system.

I bought a new turntable for my daughter for Xmas and wifey and I have been searching for old vinyl, I freakin can't wait to make the same memories with her.

C-2

Reaction score
... right now I’m listening to Procol Harum the entire Salty Dog album before that it was Joni Mitchell‘s first album before that the Motels before that the Mink Deville... I haven’t played the stereo in my garage or any of the vinyl albums in probably six or seven years???...I thought I had about 500 vinyl albums probably closer to eight or 900 but I really don’t feel like counting them???...

I had a decent vinyl collection, but then I became a party DJ and after several of years of floating from party to party, and sleeping on different friends couches, the records disappeared. Then like a dumbass, I sold my Technics 1200 turntables/upgraded to the (then) new CD technology. I still have that system, but now my daughter and I are starting to collect vinyl again.

There's a cool documentary about Tower Records that somebody posted, and on that vid they said in 2018(?), vinyl started outselling CD's again.

Every freaking vinyl record at Amoeba in Hollywood is at least $30, and for comparison, the Doors Strange Days vinyl on eBay/Offer-Up sells for between $25-$100, while the same CD can be had for $5.

You are sitting on a goldmine!

C-2

Reaction score
Proof that olschool country songs rule!

For years, my favorite Social D song was "Makin' Believe", and I'm embarrassed to admit I never knew it was a famous Kitty Wells song. But I'm pretty sure my other fav Social D song, 99 to Life, was not country, lol.

Sung here by a young Anita Carter in a duet with Chet Atkins. Anita Carter was June's sister and married Bob Wooton (Cash's longtime guitarist after Luther Perkins). Carter can also be seen in one of the few live performances ever recorded for Hank Sr.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
I had a decent vinyl collection, but then I became a party DJ and after several of years of floating from party to party, and sleeping on different friends couches, the records disappeared. Then like a dumbass, I sold my Technics 1200 turntables/upgraded to the (then) new CD technology. I still have that system, but now my daughter and I are starting to collect vinyl again.

There's a cool documentary about Tower Records that somebody posted, and on that vid they said in 2018(?), vinyl started outselling CD's again.

Every freaking vinyl record at Amoeba in Hollywood is at least $30, and for comparison, the Doors Strange Days vinyl on eBay/Offer-Up sells for between $25-$100, while the same CD can be had for $5.

You are sitting on a goldmine!
...Damn!!!...I had a house/cabin burn down in La tuna Canyon maybe mid 80s something like that... and my record collection went with the house ...so I moved in with a chick and spent four years going up and down the state replenishing my collection...I think Fleetwood Mac’s then play on has a price tag of 94cents on it...
... You remember when my friend Moon Martin passed away ...well he never even mentioned to me anything about his album Louisiana jukebox or he did and I wasn’t listening ...I don’t know???...anyway I saw a couple of tunes on YouTube off of it and I and I tried to find one to buy ...the only one available was $115 on eBay... I have been texting Moons ex girlfriend ...the executor of his estate and she sent me one...so I saved $115...She is also in charge of the completion of the album he had been working on since 2010 ...which she says is different???...man I hope he got it really really right this time...

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Saw these guys once for sure if not twice at our local fair grounds in Napa early 80’s.
Wore this CD out for sure. 🤘

Last edited: