Reaction score
...Montrose...after Sammy Hagar...
D35E8746-35E2-4783-BEB5-79B1FCAFB246.jpeg
hth

Last edited:

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Black Dog... from Jesse Winchesters first album...Listening to CD’s now because I’m eating dinner in my garage and I’m too lazy to get up and flip a vinyl album over😳

C-2

Reaction score
Love Social D and Mike Ness’ solo punked our country stuff... Have seen them and Ness solo many a time. If you’re ever doing an hour or more of mindless work (washing the car, etc...) pop this on:

Sturgill’s first band: more punked out country, blues, bluegrass... The dude is honest to goodness amazing.

Man, I've been in a rabbit hole of new music since you posted this, THANKS!

It started like this...

I was watching/listening to the Sturgill vid you put up and about half way thru it I saw a Sturgill + John Prine video
Earlier in the week while listening to Spotify I heard of couple of Prine songs I wanted to revisit, and I knew he recently died, so I started getting into some John Prine...
which led to another guy I heard on Spotify - Townes Van Zandt...
which led to JJ Cale...

In between there was a few quick detours listening to the ladies, Joni Mitchell, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton and EmmyLou Harris

As you may have noticed, I enjoy learning about the history of songs and artists, which my wife refers to as "useless music facts that nobody else gives a crap about, you freak" lol. And I suppose it's true.

But anyhow, I am having a great time listening to these long-established music icons that I simply was never exposed to, and thus I never listened to them.

Notable discoveries... I never knew that JJ Cale wrote After Midnight and Cocaine, for Clapton, and Clyde for Waylon Jennings; or that Paul Anka wrote It Doesn't Matter Anymore for Buddy Holly - masterfully re-arranged and covered by Linda Ronstadt...

77charger

Reaction score
Had some freddy fender playing a few minutes ago time for bednow

Reactions: C-2

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Holy shit this is cheesy but this is what I had back then.

Reactions: C-2

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
..,Sitting in the garage with the remote for my CD player in my right hand...push random if I’m not into the song that comes up.., I push random again... it’s a lazy Monday...

...The song that’s up right now it’s from an old friend..,it could be interpreted as a terrible accident that happened within our water ski bunch ... Back road quick way to Pine Flat..,town of Dinuba Ca 1975..,train comes out from behind a warehouse at 50 miles an hour.., station wagon towing boat it’s going 50 miles an hour... no RR warning lights...station wagon and boat hit the train ...when asked if that’s what this song was about.., he said no it was some thing he’s written a long time ago..,don’t know Pretty big coincidence that affected many...

C-2

Reaction score
I can't think of anything more bad ass than showing up at your class reunion and being able to do this....yeah who's the BMOC now?

John Fogerty - one of the most underrated rock musicians, ever.

C-2

Reaction score
Had some freddy fender playing a few minutes ago time for bednow

Great stuff. Some of my best memories of my pops was sitting around the low-budget Realistic receiver and Gerard turntable, listening to Freddy Fender and other oddballs while my pops pounded yellow jacket Coors. Good times. 👍

C-2

Reaction score
He was quite the showman on foreign TV - just look at the way he runs onto stage, lol. Great clip.