HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Rocking some 80s shitšŸ‘
20210612_185032.jpg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
ā€¦ listening to my neighbors boyfriend practice his paintball technique???ā€¦ he has some sort of video games that he plays with his coworkers as he is in the medical field and all operations have been moved to work at homeā€¦So he does his work on a laptop provided by his employer at the same time he is doing some paintball thing on their 64 inch TVā€¦???ā€¦ I am definitely from a different era ???ā€¦

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
My dad used to listen to this album all the time as a kid, decided to dip into some old memories tonight
Screenshot_20210612-210353_Spotify.jpg
Screenshot_20210612-210530_Spotify.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

TrollerDave

Reaction score
My dad used to listen to this album all the time as a kid, decided to dip into some old memories tonight View attachment 1013052 View attachment 1013053

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
My kids went to a graduation party tonight, and when I picked them up the host parents and some other parents were going through some 70ā€™s songs, the stuff we grew up on. The 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s top 40 stuff always takes me back to a simpler time. A lot of good stuff came out back then. Nowadays, I have no idea who anybody is on the radio. Are we old or does music just suck now? Or is it because the music business is totally different now?

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
My kids went to a graduation party tonight, and when I picked them up the host parents and some other parents were going through some 70ā€™s songs, the stuff we grew up on. The 60ā€™s and 70ā€™s top 40 stuff always takes me back to a simpler time. A lot of good stuff came out back then. Nowadays, I have no idea who anybody is on the radio. Are we old or does music just suck now? Or is it because the music business is totally different now?

The stuff on the radio really is garbage. A couple of companies own all the radio stations and the playlists are set by corporate. Spotify has been great for me to discover new music. Each week they give me a recommended playlist based on what's I have liked and a release radar whenever a band I've liked releases something new.

It takes time to build a library but it's worth it when you can add to it every month with new music.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Are we old or does music just suck now? Or is it because the music business is totally different now?

All three.
We are old, ā€œmainstreamā€!music blows donkey balls, and the industry creates their own ā€œstarsā€...more than ever before.

Want evidence?
This is the so called artist of the year ā€œrappingā€ about her smegma encrusted hatchet wound while performing whatā€™s supposed to be simulated lesbian dope sex but looks like two hogs rutting...onstage...at the Grammy awards...on nAtional TV ...while the Hollywood pedophilia machine cheers.
Do you even have to ask the question?

C56B6BDB-8837-432B-8466-C962C4459AC6.jpeg

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
The stuff on the radio really is garbage. A couple of companies own all the radio stations and the playlists are set by corporate. Spotify has been great for me to discover new music. Each week they give me a recommended playlist based on what's I have liked and a release radar whenever a band I've liked releases something new.

It takes time to build a library but it's worth it when you can add to it every month with new music.
A guy who used to be a broadcast engineer started a low power FM station here in 2017. Was continuous commercial free with tons of old stuff. Now getting the programming bug, so losing the commercial free vibe a bit. Still, like KROQ started commercial free and then went mainstream, this is a pretty good connection for 'older people' music. BEST OF ALL...You can listen online at Khug.rocks

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
A guy who used to be a broadcast engineer started a low power FM station here in 2017. Was continuous commercial free with tons of old stuff. Now getting the programming bug, so losing the commercial free vibe a bit. Still, like KROQ started commercial free and then went mainstream, this is a pretty good connection for 'older people' music. BEST OF ALL...You can listen online at Khug.rocks
ā€¦Tried to pick it up on the tuner hooked to my stereo in the garage,ā€¦ Probably 30 or so miles from the transmitterā€¦got nothingā€¦Looks like Iā€™ll have to listen to it on my phone???ā€¦

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
ā€¦Tried to pick it up on the tuner hooked to my stereo in the garage,ā€¦ Probably 30 or so miles from the transmitterā€¦got nothingā€¦Looks like Iā€™ll have to listen to it on my phone???ā€¦
yeah...I have only a few miles distance and since the house is not in unobstructed path to the antenna (two hills, 200' higher than mine), I cannot pick it up. but, 'the interwebs of love' are there for us.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
.,,I am listening to the silence before an orthopedic guy jams a needle in my back with a shot of Cortizone???šŸ˜³ā€¦

Kel

Reaction score
Original Allman Bros.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
Not a big Aerosmith fan but really like this song. The sound and the lyrics are good on this one.

Your ad here

Reaction score
For the most part new music sucks. If there is any talent, satellite radio is where you'll hear it.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
For the most part new music sucks. If there is any talent, satellite radio is where you'll hear it.
I agree about finding new stuff. Pandora has a ā€œDiscoverā€ feature that will play unknown bands similar to the station you have it on.

C-2

Reaction score
Agreed, the whole album.....saw them @ the Hollywood Palladium on this tour. Funny, wouldn't expect it, but one of the craziest pits I've ever been in. That show kicked ass. šŸ‘

We saw Sebastian Bach when he played Jeezus in Jesus Christ Superstar by Andrew Lloyd Weber at the La Mirada Theater. He played a great Jesus, but was fired shortly thereafter. Guess he was a little too much for the theater crowd, lol.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
ā€¦CSNā€™s first albumā€¦
ā€¦Funny storyā€¦old friend of mine Piano Peggy S was given an acetate of this album quite a bit before itā€™s release and her gig was writing the chartā€¦ in other words with her perfect pitch she knew and could write down every note from the album..,Well Peggy is a whole book by herselfā€¦ anyway I donā€™t know whoā€™s idea it was but the acetate ended up in the basement of a church in Pasadena where the radio station KPPC broadcast from ā€¦they played the album on the airā€¦When the record company got word that this had happened you to think a bomb went off ..,dear Ms. Peggyā€™s life was unduly threatenedā€¦
ā€¦ luckily everything turned out OKā€¦
0C694896-B385-4579-8522-2E5F51427238.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
So my budget "rebuild" is coming along nicely.

A couple of weeks back I picked up a set of Event 20/20 passive monitors in mint shape for $80. I bought them from the original owner who paid $350 per speaker from Roger Sound Labs in 2001. They have 7.5" woofers and handle a stout 200W per speaker, and they fit on a bookshelf!

I'm driving them with my vintage Onkyo M-5150 amp I bought when I was 18/19 (I'm 55 now). This amp puts out a solid 150W/channel. I have two other Onkyo AV amps rated at 140W, and they don't even come close to the old timer.

Soon I will hook up my 25-year old Bose 201 bookshelf speakers. Same deal, I never thought much of the speakers when they were driven by the AV amp, but damn, the vintage Onkyo pumped some life into them and they respond well.

IMG-5559.jpg

Your ad here

Reaction score
Love the sound. Has that raw garage band sound like Diamond Head. Unfortunately the lyrics tell a sad story.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
ā€¦Started reading Robbie Robertsonā€™s biography a few days ago and he explains things so well that I dug out the Bands first album ā€œmusic from the big pinkā€and gave it a spinā€¦
ā€¦I remember exactly who I was with and where I was when I first heard ..,music from big pink ..,a little house in the Hollywood hills rented by Nettoā€¦can't remember his cute blonde girlfriends name???..,
51A1CBB3-8929-48F6-9C1E-F3B96E0BCAC6.jpeg
next door to Sara the witchšŸ˜³ā€¦
ā€¦ pretty sure we smoked a joint and I honestly didnā€™t get the first albumā€¦ two or three songs on it I did getā€¦ but historically this album became a major influence in musicā€¦
51A1CBB3-8929-48F6-9C1E-F3B96E0BCAC6.jpeg
1282994B-CFD1-41FC-844D-6AE38CC6D46A.jpeg
4F7B3A60-3669-45C8-8615-067DA9706AF8.jpeg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Donā€™t ask how I came upon this tonight but this was cutting edge shit early 80ā€™s. šŸ˜³