What are you listening to, right now?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Nothing left to dooooo....then make sweet love to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...😂😂

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
If you were in school mid 70’s-early 80’s and didn’t listen to Boston there was something wrong with you.
I’ve haven’t seen this video until now. Major good time flashbacks. 🤘

Reactions: C-2

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Continuing on with high school memories. Gawd I loved high school. 😊

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…10 pages left on the Phil Lesh
21F7CB7A-57FB-4497-8E32-54411B3B3DDB.jpeg
autobiography…So I think this album may be next…

KevinR

Reaction score
Have not posted this thread for awhile, enjoy seeing/listening to who everyone is sharing. We’ve been country fans forever and I don’t mean today’s pop country.

Was supposed to see Tyler Childers in front of Sturgill Simpson last year at the Forum, but Covid knocked it out.

C-2

Reaction score
The 40-year old Stanton cartridge sounding great on The Cars - Shake it Up album.

The "500" series cartridge's were made for heavy use on 1200's at radio stations. They sound great, but can also withstand back queuing and other sudden stops/starts without skipping on the record. The stylus is an equally old Stanton model branded for Radio Shack. It's so old you can see the "white" plastic is a bit yellow now. But since it was NOS and sealed, it works fine.

IMG-5734.jpg

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
The 40-year old Stanton cartridge sounding great on The Cars - Shake it Up album.

The "500" series cartridge's were made for heavy use on 1200's at radio stations. They sound great, but can also withstand back queuing and other sudden stops/starts without skipping on the record. The stylus is an equally old Stanton model branded for Radio Shack. It's so old you can see the "white" plastic is a bit yellow now. But since it was NOS and sealed, it works fine.

View attachment 1042707
Very cool.
Love the Cars too. 🤘

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

View attachment 1042707
.., very cool…👍… probably sounds a bit better than my mishmosh of parts and pieces…

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
Have not posted this thread for awhile, enjoy seeing/listening to who everyone is sharing. We’ve been country fans forever and I don’t mean today’s pop country.

Was supposed to see Tyler Childers in front of Sturgill Simpson last year at the Forum, but Covid knocked it out.

Yeah, I was supposed to go to that one also.

Oh well...

I got Colter Wall in October in Chico.

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score

@KevinR the whole concert is pretty great, in spite of the so so sound quality. The two songs starting at around the 42 minute mark, Big Ball’s in Cowtown and Blood on the Saddle, are spectacular imo.

The dudes 26 and sounds like a 60 year old who’s spent his life smoking cigs and drinking JD, or something cheaper.

KevinR

Reaction score

@KevinR the whole concert is pretty great, in spite of the so so sound quality. The two songs starting at around the 42 minute mark, Big Ball’s in Cowtown and Blood on the Saddle, are spectacular imo.

The dudes 26 and sounds like a 60 year old who’s spent his life smoking cigs and drinking JD, or something cheaper.

Nice songs for sure. Had to stop watching, got dizzy from the shakey phone. 😜

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… Peter Green wrote Black Magic woman but Santana made it famous…

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
[… Anybody have any acid… Just for old time sake…👌…lol.., and to think I could’ve gone but decided not to take a day off from my suit and tie electronics industry job???…

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
I'll also say this...listening to vinyl is a lot more work than streaming lol. Kind of like writing with a pen and paper. Haven't done it in so long that my hand/fingers get tired after writing a simple sentence like "Happy Birthday" 😂

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Been listening to, and buying, tons of vinyl.

Robert Plant for $2

… I have never seen that video before but I just noticed my old friend Rick Vito on guitar.., that was definitely two dollars well spent…👍..,

C-2

Reaction score
My latest finds...

I won an online Goodwill auction for the M35X cartridge/stylus, new unopened in the tube for $50 shipped; it sells all day long for $200+.

I also got the blue Shure DJ cartridge case and a Stanton headshell +weight, and a coveted Shure M44-7 cartridge/stylus for $35 on OfferUp.

The case alone is worth $35, but the real score was the M44-7 cartridge - it's an older model and worth at least $200. But instead of the stylus having a diamond shaped point - it looks more like an eraser! Somebody scratched it to death, it's FUBAR. So I'll be adding a stylus.

Shure stopped making cartridges/stylus a few years back, so their prices have skyrocketed.

IMG-5747.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
In my 55-years, I never listened to Velvet Underground until my daughter turned me onto them....and damn, glad she did! No wonder Lou Reed had so many fans.

Screenshot 2021-09-01 081859.png

C-2

Reaction score

That's a great FMAC video. Midnight Special and Whistle Test performances were the best.

Years back I was trying to serve legal docs on somebody in Bell Canyon, but they weren't home, so I thought I would check with a neighbor to see what time my target arrived home.

I went next door and noticed a nice collection of Jaguar's in the driveway - all of them had the British plates behind the regular Cali license plates. So I knocked at the door and was talking to this guy who looked familiar, but I couldn't put a name to the face. At least, not until Christie McVie walked up behind him. They were really nice.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
What If "Break Stuff" by Limp Bizkit Was Played by Black Flag?