WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

C-2

Reaction score
Tom Petty was a huge influence towards my music listening influence.
His death was a shock to me.
He died day after Route 91 shooting. 2017. Four plus years already.

Man, four years.

In high school I worked at a pizza restaurant, and every night before closing we would "break down" all the hot food prep equipment.

What time did we do that?

We did it when the manager or lead hijacked the PA system and let "Break Down" rip. We had a crappy boom box and worn out TP cassette for that sole purpose.

The process was usually accompanied by endless mugs of draft beer, too. 😃 Good times. I should have paid them for the privilege of working there, lol. Ahh man, all the tail and free beer, it was priceless.

C-2

Reaction score
Favorite TP songs...the riffs that Mike Campbell played...unforgettable

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
… I just started Mike Love of the Beach boys autobiography… Got on a chair… To look through my stash of albums for a beach boys album to play… I can’t believe it ..,apparently I do not have one Beachboy album out of 650 albums???…Dunno???…

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
… I just started Mike Love of the Beach boys autobiography… Got on a chair… To look through my stash of albums for a beach boys album to play… I can’t believe it ..,apparently I do not have one Beachboy albums out of 650 albums???…Dunno???…
WTF, no Pet Sounds? That's an expensive one these days...

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Man, never heard these guys before, DAYUMMM!

Some good stuff, can't find them on Tidal, but Discogs has their Crawdaddy Express on vinyl...sweet.
some of their songs from that album got deleted off youtube. they're all pretty good. that's their best album IMO.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
some of their songs from that album got deleted off youtube. they're all pretty good. that's their best album IMO.
I dig that Paisley style/sound, thus why I earlier referenced Big Star/Bangles.

I will probably order some vinyl this weekend, and the Crawdaddy's will be one of them. 👍

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
WTF, no Pet Sounds? That's an expensive one these days...
… looks like I’m going to have to pay the price… Probably just the best of… And pet sounds… which I thought I had???…(I might be thinking of an old girlfriends copy )…I had better look again…

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this before.
Anyway not one of my first concerts but saw Judas Priest at the Concord Pavillion, 84-85 I’d guess.

TrollerDave

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this before.
Anyway not one of my first concerts but saw Judas Priest at the Concord Pavillion, 84-85 I’d guess.

When he sings now, I’m wondering if Halford is thinking “Why the hell did I sing so high”. I bet it’s hard to hit and hold some of those notes nowadays.

C-2

Reaction score
Lol, this popped up on YT, I've watched it a time or two. Facts.

Willie B - Spy the Lie...a great read. Then watch some Dateline on the tube and report back. Or, question your relatives, lol. Book will change the way you look at, and listen to people. I've listened to the audio book version hundreds of time while sitting in LA traffic...

C-2

Reaction score
Never been a fan of the Moody Blues, but damn this is an amazing performance. Apparently, their last, too. :( They went on top, for sure.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Never been a fan of the Moody Blues, but damn this is an amazing performance. Apparently, their last, too. :( They went on top, for sure.

… I had never seen the Moody blues until sometime in the mid 90s… I was at the bar across the street from Warner Brothers in Burbank???…and a friend of mine… a chick bartender from another bar had a couple of tickets to their concert out in San Bernardino… I called my girlfriend …she was busy …so a girl I sort of knew was at the bar… the girl with the tickets hooked us up …we hopped in my black Jag and beat it to San Bernardino… An incredibly good show… And I wish I didn’t have a girlfriend at the time because the girl I went with was really beautiful…

mobldj

Reaction score

this song was out when i was in high school,it still rips the scab off your soul.........

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Me and Mrs. Http404 saw them at Pacific Amphitheater on this tour. Opened for Guns & Roses and blew them away.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
Skid row was better?

Way better. My hippy (older) landlord went with us and when Skid Row finished their set he looked at me and said "That was the best show I've even seen". It's burned into my memory.

And then we sat and waited for about 2 hours for G&R to come on. Axel was having some drama.
Right after the "riot show" in St. Louis.

Last edited:

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Way better. My hippy (older) landlord went with us and when Skid Row finished their set he looked at me and said "That was the best show I've even seen". It's burned into my memory.

And then we sat and waited for about 2 hours for G&R to come on. Axel was having some drama.
I gather Axel was major drama.

Kind of funny, now, but Slash was then and now the shit. 🤘🤘