WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you listening to, right now?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
…Latest Goose… A few years ago they were playing to 500…now they are playing to 25,000… Good for them…

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
The good ol days when Travis was innocent and not effected by the Kardashians.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Totally what I was listening to when I met my wife circa 83.

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
So Cruel World was great! 97 degrees, but tolerable.

Without a doubt, best set was from PIL.

Johnny Rotten is back!

He lost the weight and looked and sounded great. Everybody was stoked when he came out on stage. Cocky as hell, too. The sound system was loud as hell and we had a great view from the lawn.

Not my vids.

C-2

Reaction score
Devo was the second best set. So much fun, they performed a choreographed show with costume changes and some Devo hats thrown into the audience.

Everybody was on their feet dancing the entire set. Not as much "energy" as PIL, but they kicked ass. Would see them again in a heartbeat.

Not my vids

C-2

Reaction score
So this was my first "festival since New Wave and Heavy Metal days at the US festival in 83. Wifey sat this one out, my 19-year old daughter and I went.

Brookside is a golf course at the Rose Bowl. The venue was clean and well-organized, with free drinking water.

About 75% of the audience was goth. It was crazy seeing so many people dressed in black in 97 degree weather. Not just black, but many ladies wore full-on black dresses and black derby hats, circa turn of the century style.

Dudes too, wearing vampire capes, skirts and leather jackets. They were there to see some of the goth bands in the lineup, bands like Christian Death, London After Midnight, and some of the better known groups like Bauhaus, The Damned and The Church.

Tons of chicks of all ages and sizes were not wearing bra's. It was like they were in a competition to wear something more shocking than the next chick, lol.

Everybody was super chill, my only complaint was the high volume of traffic. For example, whenever you found a decent vantage point to see a band (it was on a golf course so there were hills, hillsides, sand traps etc), and after the band started playing, there would be freight trains of people walking in front of you in your personal space.

Morrisey came out on time and behaved himself, but played only ONE Smith's song, "Half a Person" my daughter's oddball but favorite Smith's song. Song after song, when it became apparent he was not going to sing Smith's songs - people started leaving. His performance was MEH.

PlumLoco

Vintage Jawa CZ motorcycles
Reaction score
Buckethead The Eargasm mix . Great music to get paperwork done.

MOUZER

Reaction score
having a vodka /cranberry juice listening to keith urban and ms underwood.....cranking it up love it

mobldj

Reaction score
thats it,loading the pontoon up with dj shit,cranking this over your lizzo hip hop shit

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
At Jeremy's Juke Joint listening to some live music by American Mile. No cover charge and a good band playing some covers and a lot of originals

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
At Jeremy's Juke Joint listening to some live music by American Mile. No cover charge and a good band playing some covers and a lot of originals
Where is this joint you speak of?

Almost as bad as my local FB groups.

“Hey, there are cops everywhere on Main St. Anyone know what’s going on?”

Really??? Every city in our county has a Main St. 🤦

F.U.IRS

Reaction score
Where is this joint you speak of?

Almost as bad as my local FB groups.

“Hey, there are cops everywhere on Main St. Anyone know what’s going on?”

Really??? Every city in our county has a Main St. 🤦
Sorry, in Havasu catty corner from in and out

MOUZER

Reaction score
HAVE U GUYS HEARD...................................

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
What was that? I thought I heard you but I must have missed it.

Hammer

Reaction score
Believer- Imagine Dragons. One of my daughters Jams. She’s five. We are rocking out!
68105AA7-27E2-4561-8B03-1DA23C320007.jpeg

C-2

Reaction score
Check this guy out, sounds like Weiland! I guess he's been onboard for a few years now.

WTH. I didn't hear anything about this "Beach Life Festival" festival last weekend - Smashing Pumpkins, STP, Sheryl Crow...