Reaction score
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down that wall"...

IMG-8038.jpg

IMG-8039.jpg

IMG-8037.jpg
IMG-8036.jpg

C-2

Reaction score
So my search for the mix of Two Tribes that I wanted was a dud - the "Annihilation" vinyl copy I bought is not the one I'm after. My search continues.

While looking for the correct version, I found this....

Amazing, damn these guys can play.

Last edited:

C-2

Reaction score
Crap, didn't ask for Frank/Holy Moly's permission.

Hope he doesn't challenge me to a cage fight or push my car off his dirt driveway with his truck....

Screenshot 2023-01-28 221756.png

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
On the phone fixing dinner.
A little different view than when I’m on the couch. 😁
9E41E20E-335A-40F6-9DBA-8D271BA3C9E5.png

Reactions: C-2

C-2

Reaction score
fucking 80s ruled musicially,sundance was packed.i had hair and life was good.

Everybody and everything (va jay jays) had hair!

Rolling Stone Magazine proclaimed 84 was the best year EVER for music, which encompassed pop/rock/all subgenre's.

We took the 80's for granted.

C-2

Reaction score
This song was a one-hit remake of a classic tune and was popular in the 80's.

The song had a lot of meaning for myself and my friends....

In 1986 we had our own DJ crew and I had a small get together at my house - spinning records and drinking beers.

I worked at the Stater Bros in Mira Loma and another co-worker asked if he could come hang out. But he brought some cholo friends, who tagged my coffee table with a magic marker.

So my friends kicked the cholo's out.

Then chaos ensued and 6 people ended up getting stabbed.

I walked out to find one of our "crew" lying on the front lawn, moaning but not speaking. Little did we know he was bleeding to death. By the time paramedics arrived, it was too late.

Anyhow, from that moment forward the first song we spun at any gig was Spirit in the Sky, in memory of Dennis.

C-2

Reaction score
Some good 80s shit right here.

Agreed! Written by Ocasek but delivered by Orr.

My fav Cars tune. For whatever reason I hated the song in HS...I guess because they played it once per hour on MTV.

Just the other day a co-worker was telling me he had a come to Jeezuz moment after hearing Drive and he realized it was his favorite 80's tune, period.

Ocasek did Porizkova wrong!

C-2

Reaction score
Another 80's dance great.

These two guys made some great music together - especially considering there's no guitar in the mix. And McCluskey can thump that bass when he needs to...

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
This song was a one-hit remake of a classic tune and was popular in the 80's.

The song had a lot of meaning for myself and my friends....

In 1986 we had our own DJ crew and I had a small get together at my house - spinning records and drinking beers.

I worked at the Stater Bros in Mira Loma and another co-worker asked if he could come hang out. But he brought some cholo friends, who tagged my coffee table with a magic marker.

So my friends kicked the cholo's out.

Then chaos ensued and 6 people ended up getting stabbed.

I walked out to find one of our "crew" lying on the front lawn, moaning but not speaking. Little did we know he was bleeding to death. By the time paramedics arrived, it was too late.

Anyhow, from that moment forward the first song we spun at any gig was Spirit in the Sky, in memory of Dennis.

Dang I feel you bro. I had a friend that got killed at a party fight around that same year. We played hard back then.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
One of my fav's, so many great memories with this song. Faith Hill is one pretty lady..

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Years ago I got called to shoot Brooks and Dunn at a Honky Tonk in Tulsa, Oklahoma.. I couldn't do it because I was on a motorcycle ride with my Dad. My buddies called me and begged me to join them, but I couldn't do it. I'm a big fan of Brooks and Dunn, this is from the show I missed and one of my Pops favorite songs ever.