WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What are you seeing on ticket refunds?

caribbean20

Reaction score
We’ve paid in advance for a bunch of stuff that will likely get scrapped. Ski pass (shortened season), Dodgers season tickets, Kentucky Derby, concerts, etc. Have only heard back on one event, a concert, booked through Ticketmaster, where they said they will refund.

Going to be interesting to see how vendors handle it. They are obviously going to be very financially stressed.

What have you seen?

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
We’ve paid in advance for a bunch of stuff that will likely get scrapped. Ski pass (shortened season), Dodgers season tickets, Kentucky Derby, concerts, etc. Have only heard back on one event, a concert, booked through Ticketmaster, where they said they will refund.

Going to be interesting to see how vendors handle it. They are obviously going to be very financially stressed.

What have you seen?
I got a e mail that the ICON ski pass will have a larger discount for early renewal. They also extended the date a month.

DWC

Reaction score
I believe the only tickets we have are for the family Stagecoach trip. Doesn’t look like Newsome is gonna let it happen so it’ll be interesting for sure. We’ll see how the promoters handle it. Our VRBO let us reschedule for the fall date. Not sure what we’ll end up doing there.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’m waiting for a refund on my Gwen Stefani concert in Vegas. These were 3rd party Ticketmaster seats. I hope it get back

Singleton

Reaction score
I got a e mail that the ICON ski pass will have a larger discount for early renewal. They also extended the date a month.

it was the same discount offered if you purchased or renewed until April 5. Now you have until May 27

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Just canceled our May 10th trip to Bora Bora, cost me $700.00. Not sure if I should be pissed off??

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score

What have you seen?
Ski pass? Doyer tickets? Sounds like the virus did you a favor, lol

Cdog

Reaction score
Got an email from Southwest Airlines that my 2020 companion pass will be extended to June 2021. Hell of a stand up company if u ask me.

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Just canceled our May 10th tr to Bora Bora, cast me $700.00. Not sure if I should be pissed off??
Just canceled our May 10th trIup to Bora Bora, cost me $700.00. Not sure if I should be pissed off??
Sounds like you are twice as pissed off. :p

Humor aside, that sucks.

Just to let everyone know, Cremations are not discounted at this time as well. As a bonus, burying the dead with compassion grace and dignity is on hold.
I guess there is a silver lining. I saved on travel expenses. Florists are not considered essential In CA. so I saved there as well.
First world problems.

530RL

Reaction score
American Airlines extended “status” for an additional year. Club memberships extended 6 months, award upgrades extended an additional 6 months.

Celebrity Cruise lines gave the option of cash back or 125% voucher good for 2 years from original date of cruise.

Local NBA team has just basically stated stand by, but credit will be given to future games.

Nothing from NFL tickets yet.

Hotel in Vegas gave full refund.

DanG

Reaction score
Had a trip to multiple destinations in Italy booked through Expedia. Was a complete PIA to get my money back but persistence is key. Expedia was putting everything back on hotels and airline and all of them wanted to offer credits towards travel at a later date. After spending several hours working with multiple supervisors at Expedia, I eventually ended up opening a claim/dispute with my Costco Citi card that I used for all bookings and was able to get 100% refund. The only thing still in dispute are some pre-purchased train tickets.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Our convention in Dallas was cancelled and I put in for a refund with American Airlines and got this back.
IMG_9755.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Advantage 1

Reaction score
We have $500 in tickets for the Hollywood Bowl early October... I guess I should probably see what options, if any, I have.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Received a full refund from Cirque du Solei for a show in March, and am waiting to see if I’ll need refunds on airfare and concert tickets at the end of July in Vegas.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
it was the same discount offered if you purchased or renewed until April 5. Now you have until May 27
I thought it said it went from $100-$200 discount. I will have to check it again. Maybe not on the black out package.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
As I'm writing this I would've been in the Caribbean

Celeb cruise gave me 100% refund (125% if I chose credit) Fort Lauderdale Hotel gave 100%, Travel insurance gave 100% (all purchased through Celebrity) and Airlines gave credit..

Last edited:

Babyback

Reaction score
Zac Brown Band canceled Summer Tour and we received a full refund
Tickets for Hamilton could either be refunded or exchanged for a future date
Still waiting to see what the College Football Season will look like :rolleyes:

FIGHT ON!

Singleton

Reaction score
Had a couple flights on United for my college kid to get to/from school = took the credit and it is sitting with United. Have to fly the kid back to school in the fall, so getting a refund (all money back) did not matter to me.

SWA flights for my wife and daughter this summer were fully refunded.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I was supposed to get a Hot Wire refund on a rental car. That never happened.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
On the phone with Ticketmaster as we speak. Been on hold for 15 min already

sintax

Reaction score
Our convention in Dallas was cancelled and I put in for a refund with American Airlines and got this back.
View attachment 866766

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the same shit i got from United. Very convenient for them, these F'ers really have a good scam going. Beyond that, they have their hats out asking for a bailout

RodnJen

Reaction score
AAA just sent a notice they are refunding 20% of or annual premium. $$$

Haven’t seen anything fro American Airlines or for my floor seats at the GreenDay concert.

Bear Down

Reaction score
We have a family vacation planned in July ... Airfare has dropped a ton, I reached out and I couldn't believe that the airline gave me a travel credit for the difference per ticket... Came out to around $160 per ticket, , but what didn't surprise me was the $40 service fee per ticket to process the credit... Effen Airllines...