WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What benefits of leaving CA

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I say people should experience every part of the Country. We have thrived as a Nation because location didn't matter so much as adaption.
Every where i have lived had it's best and worst parts. I chose to focus on the best. That said, I can't Waite to get out here. :eek:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Lived in Placentia and been to all of those, ordinary Joints, nothing special. You want to go to a good Mexican restaurant, Go to El Tepeyac in Boyle Heights.

http://eltepeyaccafe.com/
Never been to El Tepeyac. But I would not call the restaurants that I posted being "ordinary joints" or "nothing special". Authentic would be how I describe them. ;):)

Cdog

Reaction score
I say people should experience every part of the Country. We have thrived as a Nation because location didn't matter so much as adaption.
Every where i have lived had it's best and worst parts. I chose to focus on the best. That said, I can't Waite to get out here. :eek:

I agree. I've been to 36 states and driven the whole southern half of the country. It's disgusting that certain states can ban or neuter a constitutionally protected freedom. And that goes both ways with things you do and don't morally agree with.

I have come to the reality, there is no perfect place. Only good enough. Perfect places are for vacations. If you live there you'd find the flaws.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Good to
No capital gains tax if it’s been their primary residence for the last 2 yrs.

No capital gains tax on the house sale if it’s been their primary residence for at least 2 years (up to 250k if single, 500k if married). And if profit is above those amounts, improvement costs invested in the property can be deducted to bring any taxable amount down. We went thru that when we left in ‘14

Good to read.
I was under the impression no cap gains break on RE until age 55.
See, the power of the RDP brain trust.

Cdog

Reaction score
Never been to El Tepeyac. But I would not call the restaurants that I posted being "ordinary joints" or "nothing special". Authentic would be how I describe them. ;):)

I do miss Esthers taco house. Simple & good SoCal mexi. I hit it up every time im in town.

Cdog

Reaction score
Good to

Good to read.
I was under the impression no cap gains break on RE until age 55.
See, the power of the RDP brain trust.

Also residence for 2 of the last 5 years. So it you rent it out for 3 years after living in it for 2 years and sell it within the time frame the exemption still applies.

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Manuel’s el Tepeyac is our benchmark of good Mexican food. Ciros across the street is right in there with them.
Also 3 stooges Curly’s grave is near by.
Nuk nuk.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

ok have been with my Mexican gf from Guadalajara and go down there 3-4 times a year. The restaurants you posted are shit. If you think El Farrolitos is authentic and good, you don’t have a clue. Even Gabbi’s kitchen in Orange is better. Then again, I eat real authentic home cooked Mexican food all the time. My gf’s aunt owns a restaurant in Mexico and taught her how to cook from she was 5 years old. :rolleyes:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Good God people are we really arguing about Mexican food in a thread that’s intended to bash California. LOL:p:rolleyes::D

Hey freedom of speech and bullshit. :D

since he’s gonna stay here in California he might as well eat some good Mexican food.

grumpy88

Reaction score
I will say one thing I don't like about Nevada is EVERYBODY smokes ! Everywhere too ! If second hand smoke is as bad as they say I think I will become a hermit here

fmo24

Reaction score
A lot of smokers in Florida as well !

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Reason #999 ,
man arrested for eating sandwich on train platform ...granted it's against law , but is it a bigger crime than defecating in public or shooting up ?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Ask for Manuel's Special when you do go. ;)

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Reason #999 ,
man arrested for eating sandwich on train platform ...granted it's against law , but is it a bigger crime than defecating in public or shooting up ?
Forgive my ignorance but why is it illegal to eat at a subway or light rail station whatever the hell it was?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Thought of one benefit last night...Stars. Not those prissy-ass left wing "stars". The ones in the sky. Until I spent some time as an adult, outside of Cali, I hadn't really seen them. Get some altitude, and way out of the cities. Even far out in the deserts of Cali, they aren't like other places. Slept in a few pickup beds in flyover states. That's when you can understand how people could navigate by stars.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I do miss Esthers taco house. Simple & good SoCal mexi. I hit it up every time im in town.
When I lived in Bellflower we used to go to the original Esther's in Downey. Real small place compared to The 2 they had out in Yorba Linda and Plaventia. YL changed owners.

I wonder what UniversalElements Mexican girlfriend thinks of Esther's..lol :D

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Placentia was the last place we lived in California before we left. Nice place but leaving was better and where we live (this state is closed) is so much better than Cali. This place is great!

Cdog

Reaction score
When I lived in Bellflower we used to go to the original Esther's in Downey. Real small place compared to The 2 they had out in Yorba Linda and Plaventia. YL changed owners.

I’m friends of friends with the owners. They are River people too.

Universal Elements

Reaction score

Just asked her..... she said to look at the reviews. Downeys is even worse.

93DF0B5B-E1C4-4D3C-A957-B914D6CE7760.jpeg