WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What book is on your night stand?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
You really want to see my night stand drawer?

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... just finished these two...the first one tales from a hostel is really well written and a true story ...a girl from high school Fortune is mentioned in it quite a bit ...good read...(she still drives me nuts)...
...The second one August 9th was Written by a guy from high school ...Stu Schrieber ...apparently he has written several business books ...this was his first attempt at a novel ....it is also well written and a good read...I kind of get the feeling that it may be somewhat the story of his life.???.. I haven’t been able to get anyone to confirm that as of yet... had a lot of classes with both Fortune and Stu...
..Hmmm???...looks like the ivorys on the ol ‘03 Haddorff haven’t been dusted in awhile???...
90F610F4-50C9-4FF4-8B3E-66C4CE1E1EF1.jpeg
D165002E-9D96-458A-BA28-4F6CE5A81498.jpeg

Last edited:

franky

Reaction score
... here is a recent interview with him.., many years after playing with Chicago he put together a band and named it California Transit Authority...

... I did not know about the new band at the time... but I was up at my spot one evening in the Malibu Hills where I do my best thinking and writing... all of a sudden out of nowhere came one of Chicago’s tunes I think it was 25 or 6 to 4???...
...It’s all making sense to me now Danny Sepaphine and his new band played at a benefit put on by Robbie Kriegar at whatever the name of that ranch is that had a giraffe amongst other animals...They played spot on perfectly ... Bill Champlin did the majority of the vocals...Took me a while before I realized where the music was coming from so I drove down into the ranch and hung out...

... One of the people mentioned in his biography was a dear friend...and the love of my life‘s cousin...KiKi.., she came out to California with Chicago and managed a ranch property for them up in Latigo Canyon which is not mentioned in the book...but there is a photo of Danny playing his drums up at what I believe is that property???...

... got a few more Chicago stories but too lengthy to post now...

I went to four of those St. Jude Children's benefit golf/concerts. Two in Moorpark and two in Malibu. Four of the best concert experiences ever. Then a small private one at the maybe the Westlake Inn.....?

squeezer

Reaction score
That is the best book Louie Lamour wrote.

Would tend to agree... But only by the slimmest margin over "Last of the Breed" :). Most of his longer stuff is great, Comstock Lode, Bendigo Schaffer, Jubal Sacket. Have read all but a few of his books. Used to carry around the page from the front of his books that list all the titles in my wallet. Came in handy when cruising used book shops.

Have actually thought about writting the sequel to LOTB. (Would be a mental excercise for myself. Wouldnt even dream of trying to write like Louie) Would be set years later centering around Joe Mak's facilitation of Zametev's demise. Fleshed out with flash back's to his rescue of Natalya and their life in Idaho. Its fun just thinking about it!!!

Bugginout

Reaction score
Would tend to agree... But only by the slimmest margin over "Last of the Breed" :). Most of his longer stuff is great, Comstock Lode, Bendigo Schaffer, Jubal Sacket. Have read all but a few of his books. Used to carry around the page from the front of his books that list all the titles in my wallet. Came in handy when cruising used book shops.

Have actually thought about writting the sequel to LOTB. (Would be a mental excercise for myself. Wouldnt even dream of trying to write like Louie) Would be set years later centering around Joe Mak's facilitation of Zametev's demise. Fleshed out with flash back's to his rescue of Natalya and their life in Idaho. Its fun just thinking about it!!!
I read A Lot lmao. Just donated 30 books yesterday. Read ken Follett's pillars of the earth if you haven't already. It's another one of my favorite books. Anthony Ketis wrote a book called scar tissue which is another great book. I have many books next to my bed lol. 3 different versions of the Bible. Most people don't know what a great book the Bible is. John 15:13 is my favorite passage. I've read everything from long arm westerns to crime and punishment by Dostoevsky. It's nice knowing that there are more book nerds out there.

squeezer

Reaction score
I read A Lot lmao. Just donated 30 books yesterday. Read ken Follett's pillars of the earth if you haven't already. It's another one of my favorite books. Anthony Ketis wrote a book called scar tissue which is another great book. I have many books next to my bed lol. 3 different versions of the Bible. Most people don't know what a great book the Bible is. John 15:13 is my favorite passage. I've read everything from long arm westerns to crime and punishment by Dostoevsky. It's nice knowing that there are more book nerds out there.

Unreformed reader for 40 years...

(I have always been an Eph 4:32 person. Might explain the political choices!)

Bugginout

Reaction score
Unreformed reader for 40 years...

(I have always been an Eph 4:32 person. Might explain the political choices!)
Unfortunately unity of faith is not going to happen in this melting pot of a country. I feel pretty secure in stating that 98 percent of politicians are Christians in name only. The Bible is an amazing book to this me. (He who is without sin cast the first stone...he looked up to find her accuser's gone.) Have a great day buddy. Ephesions 4:32 was The most important teaching of christ. Love one another as I have loved you.

KevinR

Reaction score
Bill OReilly.
Killing the Mob. His 10th in the “Killing” series. Awesome looks into history with incredible detail. JFK, Lincoln, Patton, Reagan, Jesus, The Rising Sun, etc.

buck35

Reaction score
David Mcoullough The Pioneers, for me that I havent cracked yet. Maybe tonight...
Randy Wayne White Stingers, that I am reading to the kids.
James Patterson The Plunder Down Under, that I just finished reading to the kids.

Ian Tolls Six Frigates, Tim Dorseys Triggerfish Twist and David Mccoullough's 1776 are probably 3 of my favorite books of all time.
Triggerfish twist is hilarious As are most dorsey novels

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Your a dude i could probaly hang out with all day and drink beers with.. Me and you have ALOT of the same music books.. If you havnt read Marilyn Mansons book thats a great read.. i dont see it in your collection.
...I wish I had a super huge phone so I could see some more of the music books Mr Prisoner has ???...

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas - Hunter S. Thompson

The movie did not do it justice.

Fear and loathing is a great book. The rum diaries was one that stuck with me a long time after reading it. Fear and loathing on the campaign trail is another good one.

franky

Reaction score
Fear and loathing is a great book. The rum diaries was one that stuck with me a long time after reading it. Fear and loathing on the campaign trail is another good one.
and Hells Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs

great story about him hanging with the bikers at their Bass Lake meet

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
and Hells Angels: The Strange and Terrible Saga of the Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs

great story about him hanging with the bikers at their Bass Lake meet
If you liked that check out “Under and Alone”

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...1997 Scientific study... but from what I’m told it holds true through today...
8C4E227C-7F75-49A8-BD63-F62FDD90FA2E.jpeg