WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What brings people into your business?

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
I think you need to take the product to where the potential customers are. Take one or two of your popular toy hauler models down to the local power sports dealer and see if they will let you display them in the parking lot. Maybe even see if the dealer would let you put a side by side in one of the toyhaulers and dirt bikes and quads in the other. That would let the potential customer visualize what they think they need or want.
An incentive to get the powersports dealer to allow you to do that would be for your dealership to put on a bbq in the parking lot for their customers and potentially your customers. Hot dogs and sodas are cheap and people will stand around and browse longer when there is food and drinks.

That can be a 2 way street too... Can stick a sxs in a trailer on your lot to show how much fun it is in the trailer... and here is who you call to get the SXS.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Yes, and a lot of the points you are making is why I came to work here. In a sense, selling trailers is identical to selling vehicles, Powersports equipment, boats. At the end of the day it is still sales. I sat back and watched the company and its values really closely before I made the decision to come here. I was afraid of coming to work with and for people who were shady people. I had seen this with other dealerships.

As far as value goes, I think (my opinion) buying a trailer from this dealership is the best value. not just because it is cheaper, but also because of the customer service through the whole process, after the process, and on the next one. That creates a lot of value for me, where the dollars saved does not. Now the tricky part of getting others to realize the value of buying from us.
1st you have to believe in what you are selling. The truth always comes out.
Selling something you dont believe in or agree with is where the shady part lies.

dirtyduner

Reaction score
1st you have to believe in what you are selling. The truth always comes out.
Selling something you dont believe in or agree with is where the shady part lies.
I believe in the product so much that my personal trailer is a brand we carry here.