WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do like about your car and hate about your car

Albert

Reaction score
For me love the push start no ebrake and walking up and getting near the car door handle and unlocks . What I hate the stupid clock and the location of the cup holders

musicFunsun

I Love BoBo!!!
Reaction score
I really like my 2 door Accord but hate the dark interior. All my other Accords were black with beige interior which they don’t do anymore.

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
2010 HONDA ACCORD
What I don't like
I hate that I need to plug in an aux cable to listen to music from my phone
it's a V-6 so mileage is ehh.. 21-24 mpg
Wish it had a better stereo
car has 155k miles and runs like a champ and I am itching for a new car.. but no reason to buy one

What I love about the car-
It still looks great (its has a small drop with nice wheels).
All the options and Upgrades (its top of the line model)
navigation is really good on it and I am able to use it while driving (enter addresses and such).
Runs like a beast... I still have atleast 50k miles of solid car left, then I assume it'll transition to total commuter status (IDGAF).

MrMayhem

Reaction score
My BMW 525e daily driver....
Love that it has purple,HOV stickers!
Hate that it makes no sound at idle. Can’t tell you how difficult that is in parking lots... it’s almost as if people are trying to walk in my way. Truth is, they can’t hear it.

River Runnin

Reaction score
I luv that I’ve been places that not many have, never been stuck, and that it gives these tree hug’n, leaf lick’n, POS butt wads a coronary!
What I hate is it doesn’t have a diesel, and these same anti-American FKTARD butt loads caused the stop of production! ;) o_O

grumpy88

Reaction score
The white stitching on the black dash has a reflection on the windshield . Its a real bummer .

CobraDave

Reaction score
Rattles make me crazy. I still have some I’m tracking down. My wife thinks I’ve gone mad. Good truck so far though. Lots of value for the money. 2016 Nissan Titan XD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I like that my Cadillac pulls ass.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Tired of driving a stick in freeway traffic....my beater needs to go bye bye. :D

spectras only

Reaction score
Like everything about it, except the shitty Alpine stereo that doesn't hold the stations programmed in. Can't replace the head unit because my car has collector status and have to keep the original equipment.:(
On the track, the exhaust makes up for the lack of good sounding stereo in the car though;)

RCDave

Reaction score
2015 VW Sportwagen TDI.

Love that its getting 50MPG (550-600 miles per tank/13 gallons)
Good power with impressive torque for a 2.0L diesel
Good handling and fun to drive.

Adding DEF fluid is really the only negative but only required every 10-15K miles and easy to fill.
The stock stereo head unit is a little behind the times

Bear Down

Reaction score
Tired of driving a stick in freeway traffic....my beater needs to go bye bye. :D

I am thinking the next car will be a stick... Chevy SS or Audi... Work in DTLA though...No traffic in the early A.M. (3 ish) but traffic seems to start earlier and earlier every year...

I've done it before about 12 years ago.. I must have forgotten how bad it is...

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
I daily drive a Hellcat. Not much to NOT like about it. It could use some more/better placed cup holders if I had to really gripe about something. Other than that, fuel, oil, tires, and run the shit out of it!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Like everything about it, except the shitty Alpine stereo that doesn't hold the stations programmed in. Can't replace the head unit because my car has collector status and have to keep the original equipment.:(
On the track, the exhaust makes up for the lack of good sounding stereo in the car though;)
This is how you properly drive a Viper.;):D

spectras only

Reaction score
This is how you properly drive a Viper.;):D

One thing I never do is donuts and burnouts:p Tires wear quickly on the track as is.;)
We did burnouts in the 70's, but tires were lot cheaper back then for my Mopars. My 72 Challenger came with F70-14 bias tires, couldn't wait to burn those suckers off to get new radial tires that was a new thing.;) Never forget the brand, it was called MANHANDLER, bought them for $120 for the set in Reno, after winning $ 820 bucks.

Last edited:

Rondog4405

Reaction score
All the fn rattles and noises that are coming from the dash are driving me nuts.

Backlash

Reaction score
I love the fact that it's a Bowtie with an LS. I hate the fact that it's really big and slow and not a Camaro SS. :D

attitude

Reaction score
2006 c6 Z06

I love that’s it’s my dream car and the exact car that I wanted as a kid. I hate that some asshole had to take the front end off while it was parked and it now has an accident on its record.

TGIBFTGOG

Reaction score
Love to crash the gears and race my 1995 Z28. I spend too much time doing this after I break it:
upload_2019-5-14_9-40-8.png

Dana757

Reaction score
Cars never seem to work out for me so ..... 2003 Jeep Rubicon --- love everything, hate nothing

BajaT

Reaction score
I love the custom blinking of interior dome lights when I depress brake or use turn signal and love the warm air blowing from AC when its over 100 outside! Also love that I got another letter from Chevy basically saying the brakes suck and that your fukd because you have highway miles on your vehicle. There is nothing I dislike about it....

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
02 Cummins

Love: paid for, will tow a house, always starts, can get 19 empty, has done 12 with 3 cars on the flat deck goose.

Hate: has 900k...shit rattles that used to be one piece, don't sit anything on the dash...holes the size of canyons, only an extended cab.

Going to retire it soon. Freshen up the drivetrain and put it in something else.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I like how I've setup the truck with the bed and liftgate. I just wish it had a manual transfercase.
20190511_152245.jpg

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I luv that it is a corvette. I enjoy how loud the exhaust gets when you mash the accelerator.

I was out a lunch do launches from stop signs and watching all the techie liberals jump from all the noise as a drove by on the gas.

Good times.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
This may just be me but the burnouts seem to even out the excessive tire wear from tracking the car. Lemme explain.

The track likes to wear out the outside edge of the tire on my car. That leaves some nice rubber in the middle and inside.

Burnouts tend to get rid of the rubber in the middle.

I hate getting rid of worn out tires unless ALL the rubber is gone. :D:cool:

One thing I never do is donuts and burnouts:p Tires wear quickly on the track as is.;)
We did burnouts in the 70's, but tires were lot cheaper back then for my Mopars. My 72 Challenger came with F70-14 bias tires, couldn't wait to burn those suckers off to get new radial tires that was a new thing.;) Never forget the brand, it was called MANHANDLER, bought them for $120 for the set in Reno, after winning $ 820 bucks.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Rattles make me crazy. I still have some I’m tracking down. My wife thinks I’ve gone mad. Good truck so far though. Lots of value for the money. 2016 Nissan Titan XD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tell your wife you not mad...mine bust my balls too. I will actually make her drive my work van so I can go in the back and hunt down a squeak..I will hunt that bitch til I find it..
as for the question mine is a 2007.... needs usbs and a 110 outlet like my van has.

milkmoney

Reaction score
I like that I can shift into 4x4 high without stopping and getting out and locking in the hubs and vice a versa ....

I hate that its not red, diesel and has 40k on it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
oh yeah.........I also hate that mine's not a Ferrari Testarossa!:D

Dalton

Reaction score
2004 4 door tundra, only year they used the lower HP engine and 4 speed instead of 5 speed in the 4 door, kinda sluggish. I never calculated the MPG but somebody borrowed it and calculated a whopping 13 mpg lol. Great otherwise, bought it with 150k miles and I'm not worried

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I love my truck.

Drives really well, and with the Kings I don’t need to slow down for speed bumps, potholes or really anything that shitty DFW roads throw my way. And it rides like a Caddy.

A few more mpgs would be nice, I get 14-16.

IMG_0557.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Socalx09

Reaction score
08 suburban Ltz

It’s roomy and the seats are comfortable.
The dogs love it. That’s most important!
Rides smooth with the airbag shocks, but hate that they are so expensive to replace, but worth it.
It has 131k, but runs great.
I hate when I fuel, I have to hold the nozzle at 9 o clock to keep it going or it clicks off.

F08C7E9E-58B5-4CA6-BE5C-73FEA374DDA9.jpeg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I don’t like that it’s not a Corvette :D

Amen, I sure miss ours and it was nothing fancy.
I have only one complaint on my 2014 Camry.
It’s not the easiest car to get in and out of for an arthritic old fat guy.
It’s a little easier since I’ve dropped weight, but for the effort I’d just as soon have the Vette back!
One day.

A base stingray is about the same price as a limited series Toyota Tacoma. Little more maybe. And cheaper than an Avalon or most any full size SUV or Caddie or a lot of other everyday rides.
You don’t need the mambo z-whatever killer zillion HP Vette to have a fun Vette.

$55K and change.
https://www.ebay.com/i/273817549145...vud7EuITtS6a3znaKPgdZDHYJPx9mnHxoC2KwQAvD_BwE

Last edited:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Daily driver is a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 233k on it. I have looked at new and used trucks, but haven’t been able to pull the trigger...I just can’t see spending that much money on something right now for some reason...especially because the Tahoe is still running. I did pick up E4L’s 7.3 Excursion a couple of years ago, and drive that to the river every other weekend. I guess that satisfied my desire for a new truck.

No Bluetooth, gps etc, but my phone does most of that. Arizona just passed a hands free cell phone bill, so I am going to have to get one of those dorky cell phone holders that the Uber/Lyft drivers use.

My wife has a new BMW, I laugh at all the technology it has when I compare it to what I drive.

When the Tahoe finally dies, I am thinking an EV in order to get in the carpool lane for commuting. Meanwhile my baby keeps going, and going. Can’t complain.

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
First domestic I've had as a daily driver in almost 20 years. First Ford I've ever owned personally. I've been in German cars (BMW, Porsche and one Audi. Audi was not so good) during that time frame. Although I do like this truck overall, the build quality is no where near a German car. The squeaks and noises from the interior/doors and overall quality is severely lacking. Everything else about it is great. I just had an itch for a lowered truck.

IMG_9383.jpg

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I put mud tires on my jeep and now it rides like shit. 200k miles and only changed the spark plugs and changed the oil.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Daily driver is a 2004 Tahoe Z71 with 233k on it. I have looked at new and used trucks, but haven’t been able to pull the trigger...I just can’t see spending that much money on something right now for some reason...especially because the Tahoe is still running. I did pick up E4L’s 7.3 Excursion a couple of years ago, and drive that to the river every other weekend. I guess that satisfied my desire for a new truck.

No Bluetooth, gps etc, but my phone does most of that. Arizona just passed a hands free cell phone bill, so I am going to have to get one of those dorky cell phone holders that the Uber/Lyft drivers use.

My wife has a new BMW, I laugh at all the technology it has when I compare it to what I drive.

When the Tahoe finally dies, I am thinking an EV in order to get in the carpool lane for commuting. Meanwhile my baby keeps going, and going. Can’t complain.

When I was forced to downsize and liquidate, I sold my low mileage ‘08 Cummins and picked up an 02’ Tahoe.
Not a Z71, but optioned out LT or whatever they call it. Sun roof, power everything, heated leather seats and all that stuff.
It’s got 160K on it now. No real issues in 3 years other than 2 window regulators, brakes, and a Cat.
One thing it has sold me on is an SUV instead of a PU truck.
Newer Tahoe is penciled in for when the dies, or this 02 will be relegated to rig truck and I’ll have a newer one at home for boat towing.
Then sell the Camry and boom, almost new Vette will take its place.
That should get me through till death.