WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you do with cash now? What's safe?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
First off I'd never tell the cop I have cash.....
And If your going to roll with big cash time to clean wash it so the police mutt don't detect drugs on it..

You can’t wash the scent off of cash.
You can try, and maybe be success, but not likely.
I saw a dog alert to a million bucks in cash that was washed, sealed in plastic, and welded into a steel box a fixed to the top of a gas tank in a 72 nova.
Trunk was open and that dog shot like a cannon to the trunk and jumped inside clawing at the floor. They tore the car apart and found the welded steel box in the modified fuel tank and cut it open and found the cash. The dog alerted to the smell of cocaine on the washed money, inside seal a meal plastic, wrapped in more plastic, welded into a steel airtight box, in a fuel tank.
You can not hide anything from a well trained dog. Period. They smell cancer for fuck sakes.

(Btw, the driver walked because I ....errr...THEY had a car transport contract in hand!)

rrrr

Reaction score
Fire, theft, accident, police, there's lots of reasons but you keep rocking on. He's got plenty of guns
Something like this perhaps

This is exactly what I posted about above.

Cops profile car, a rental with out of state plates... ✅

Use false pretenses to pull over the driver... ✅

Use falsehoods and obfuscation to obtain permission to search the vehicle... ✅

Canine used in search and alerts on currency... ✅

No violation of the law, no arrest, trial or conviction for a crime... ✅

Money is seized, with the intent to keep it... ✅

As the Institute for Justice spokesperson said, if it wasn't for their organization, its money, and legal staff, the cash would have been kept. She then gave examples of others that have had their cash, which they legitimately owned, taken by government agencies

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I honestly think they took it because this guy was passive and Cooperative..

I think they took it because they knew more than what we saw.
They KNEW he had the money and they likely did have it connected to underhanded shit.

Being a veteran doesn’t automatically make you noble. There is more to that story that we aren’t seeing.
If that guy really drives around with his life savings in his car and just randomly got stopped and randomly got his money taken then I’m the fucking Easter bunny.
Whole story is billshit and an ad for the woman’s law group.
Dude is running cash for dealers and they knew it.
I used to do that too.

prorider

Reaction score
Fucking cops do this all the time. It’s a cash cow and they keep 100s of millions every year. Complete bullshit. Never give them permission to search.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They KNEW he had the money and they likely did have it connected to underhanded shit.

Being a veteran doesn’t automatically make you noble. There is more to that story that we aren’t seeing.
If that guy really drives around with his life savings in his car and just randomly got stopped and randomly got his money taken then I’m the fucking Easter bunny.
I used to do that too.

I dunno if they had it connected before they rolled him. I watched the video and the guy told them he had the cash in the car..

JDKRXW

Reaction score
You can’t wash the scent off of cash.
You can try, and maybe be success, but not likely.
I saw a dog alert to a million bucks in cash that was washed, sealed in plastic, and welded into a steel box a fixed to the top of a gas tank in a 72 nova.
Trunk was open and that dog shot like a cannon to the trunk and jumped inside clawing at the floor. They tore the car apart and found the welded steel box in the modified fuel tank and cut it open and found the cash. The dog alerted to the smell of cocaine on the washed money, inside seal a meal plastic, wrapped in more plastic, welded into a steel airtight box, in a fuel tank.
You can not hide anything from a well trained dog. Period. They smell cancer for fuck sakes.

(Btw, the driver walked because I ....errr...THEY had a car transport contract in hand!)
There actually IS a very clever way to distract a sniffer (cash or drug) dog.
Mules moving cash or 'product' will carry a female dog that's in heat in the car with them. The bigger the pup, the better.
Of course, as soon as the cops encounter this ... they know what's up.

rrrr

Reaction score
Why not if its yours?
Because according to the video, in 2019, the federal government passed $334,000,000 to state law enforcement agencies as their share of money they confiscated. The feds keep 20%, and return 80% to the agencies.

Federal law allows the DEA, ATF, FBI, Customs and Border Patrol, and other federal entities to engage in a practice that legally attaches confiscated money. They allege the money is drug proceeds or otherwise illegally obtained. The feds work in partnership with state and local LEO, and provide the legal muscle to keep the money.

The owners of the money must go to court to prove the money is legal. This requires a paper trail, like bank withdrawal receipts, pay stubs, etc. They also have to engage attorneys. In most cases, the amounts are less than $3,000, and the victims can't provide proof of ownership or afford attorneys, and they just give up.

rrrr

Reaction score

I used to do that too.
But he got the money back. That wouldn't have happened unless he had proof it was clean.

rrrr

Reaction score
There actually IS a very clever way to distract a sniffer (cash or drug) dog.
Mules moving cash or 'product' will carry a female dog that's in heat in the car with them. The bigger the pup, the better.
Of course, as soon as the cops encounter this ... they know what's up.
Unless the drug dog is a female. 😁

boatnam2

Reaction score
I guess the question is for the video I just now watched. He could of took part of his money and payed a lawyer to tell him cops aren't your friend and they aren't making small talk, even if you have served your country. You can hear it in the sergeants voice he is fcking this guy over but it dont matter, even if the other officers knew he was.

702sandman

Reaction score
The main problem is if you have a 100k in cash it’s so hard to just go to the bank and say hey I would like to deposit this 100k these days. It’s getting so tight they want to track every dollar now. if It’s legit cash that has been taxed etc and you can show exact proof where it came from (in case of audit) then I wouldn’t be willing to go down the bank road. Cash just becomes the everyday play money. It’s not hard to travel with but there’s always a risk.

Orange Juice

Reaction score
Let's say I have a buddy that's hitting the road with the fam in the RV to relocate somewhere less liberal minded and bringing a $100k slush fund for "relocation". He's concerned about bringing the cash for tons of obvious reasons and also concerned about cash becoming the new dinair sometime in the future. What would be a good move to keep the funds liquid and stable? Precious metals, coins, catalytic converters or?
Farmland.

clarence

Reaction score
Reason #1-If you put your money in a bank you are losing between 4-10% each year due to inflation.

Cash loses to inflation wherever it is. In a bank your cash is both more physically secure and earns interest.

You could always hold most of it in a TIPS fund if you fear inflation.
Reason #2-"Those who do not study history are condemned to repeat it."-George Santayana

Don't you remember the bank failures of the early 90s? The mid-2000s? This is nothing new. Things could go sideways with the American economy at any moment. They may not, but we are at a tipping point. He wants to hedge on something secure in case the economy and/or the dollar collapses. If you don't think this is at least a possibility, then I envy you.

So? FDIC insures to $250,000.

I'm as pessimistic as anyone, but the chances of losing stashed cash (to theft, fire, confiscation, etc.) are far greater than a depositor losing an insured deposit to bank failure or something like an EMP that would prevent access to one's account.

Dalton

Reaction score
I honestly think they took it because this guy was passive and Cooperative..

Ever seen what happens when you aren't cooperative? That's like the people that think they can resist arrest and the cop will change their mind lol

I dunno if they had it connected before they rolled him. I watched the video and the guy told them he had the cash in the car..

If he lied/said it wasn't in the car and they found it, the gov would still have it to this day.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
But he got the money back. That wouldn't have happened unless he had proof it was clean.

It’s not quite the way the woman describes.
They had it for 6 months according to her I think? If they couldn’t connect the dots by then it turns into a cost of doing business scenario.
The guys I used to know (they’re all dead now or in prison) used to move only $40K at a time because that’s the number they figured they didn’t care about losing. They weren’t big time like their bosses. Those guys would move a million or more. They’d actually just mail it sometimes. Or hide it in cars.
BUT…they ALWAYS used regular people to drive it or carry or.
Guys just like in that video.
I could be wrong of course, but I’ve seen that movie before and it goes just like that.
And getting it back isn’t that big a stretch.
The cops may know this or that, and even know that they can’t prove this or that, so they fuck with each other. All the time.
I was on a first name basis with some of the cops that would watch my buddies houses and shops. I’d take em coffee out to their cars just to fuck with them back.

Anyway, the guys story might be true, but it sounds much more far fetched than a planned stop to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ever seen what happens when you aren't cooperative? That's like the people that think they can resist arrest and the cop will change their mind lol

If he lied/said it wasn't in the car and they found it, the gov would still have it to this day.

There is a difference between being passive and being assertive, and being uncooperative..

i said it already, if that was my truck and my 100, the wouldn’t be taking it.. not without supervisors, lawyers, news and everyone else being part of the conversation. This still America and I don’t care who said what, they don’t have the right to do that “unless you let them.”

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I am not even sure that’s true if you get down to the basics.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
OK then.....lol Thats a losing battle out in the field and you will lose.

All you can do is as the guy did and try to recoup it

Debatable, but I’m not gonna argue it all day.

Dalton

Reaction score
There is a difference between being passive and being assertive, and being uncooperative..

i said it already, if that was my truck and my 100, the wouldn’t be taking it.. not without supervisors, lawyers, news and everyone else being part of the conversation. This still America and I don’t care who said what, they don’t have the right to do that “unless you let them.”

Its a wild, wild law, something that shouldn't exist at all. Its like a story you would hear from Mexico, except I think its actually happening in the US more than Mexico.

What's scary is how streamlined the process is for taking it, out of all the things that need to be less complicated in policing, this isn't the one. There should at least be some representation, maybe in front of a judge, before just taking something, this seems like guilty until proven innocent.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Its a wild, wild law, something that shouldn't exist at all. Its like a story you would hear from Mexico, except I think its actually happening in the US more than Mexico.

What's scary is how streamlined the process is for taking it, out of all the things that need to be less complicated in policing, this isn't the one. There should at least be some representation, maybe in front of a judge, before just taking something, this seems like guilty until proven innocent.

It is and it’s one class action lawsuit with a B on the front of it from going away.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

They count on people not pursuing recovery, or lacking the means to pursue it.
If the cops think you are a "bad guy" they will treat you as such. Most people that they encounter in their day to day are normal citizens. No one is as special and individualistic as they might think, and expect the cops to believe. To them you're really just another person that they are digging for dirt on, and you did something to draw their attentions...or they already know who you are and what you're up to.
They always have a roller make the stop, then here they all come in their unmarked cars.
They hear it all day long. "Why are you treating me like a criminal?" is the feeling.
Well, because that's what they do. I treat them like normal people. I don't lie to them or kiss their asses.

You can not win a battle on the side of the road. I mean, not really. I've talked them out of tickets and even arrests when they had nothing and I assured them i'd drag it out and win anyway, but thats rare. I've also had them put the boots to me, and I've made the decision to stand my ground and not submit knowing full well i was looking at a ride in the backseat and a car impound.
That dude in the video had $87K on him. If he was really just driving around with his life savings then he's sort of an idiot.
Why did they stop him? The cop sure acted like he knew something more than he let on.

Back in the day when I had nothing going on I'd follow the investigators around Anchorage until they'd get pissed and pull me over.
I'd tell the "It ain't so fun when its you being tailed is it?!" Lol
They always thought I was some big drug dealer but really I just knew some of the big drug dealers, and I would never tell them shit.
It always kills me watching people talk to cops like they're going to convince the cops that they aren't the bad guy. Don't do it. That's what lawyers are for.
If you have a large sum of cash on you and they find it they are going to take it unless your daddy is the governor or mayor.
This is as old as the hills.

prorider

Reaction score
Definitely agree with RD about not giving it up easy, but have seen the heavy hand of dick cops a few times. Never will I call them or cooperate with them on anything again. They lie to you at will. Just look at our FBI and the bullshit they are doing now.

gqchris

Reaction score
Ever try to get a gun back they confiscate because of any type of altercation. They call it "safekeeping". Damn near impossible. I had a friend go thru it with a crazy Ex. They made every excuse to keep the gun and not let him have it. He finally had to get a lawyer. I can only imagine how hard it would be to get that cash back.

84miller

Reaction score
Fire, theft, accident, police, there's lots of reasons but you keep rocking on. He's got plenty of guns
Something like this perhaps

I just watched this video two days ago, which informed me of what can happen carrying a large amount of cash. Pretty scary the rights you can lose in a matter of minutes. Put the cash in a bank account/credit union. You are federally backed to 250K. Yes you are exposed to questions (that they should not ask) but if you have nothing to hide from the IRS it is the safer than anything I can think of...

84miller

Reaction score
Because according to the video, in 2019, the federal government passed $334,000,000 to state law enforcement agencies as their share of money they confiscated. The feds keep 20%, and return 80% to the agencies.

Federal law allows the DEA, ATF, FBI, Customs and Border Patrol, and other federal entities to engage in a practice that legally attaches confiscated money. They allege the money is drug proceeds or otherwise illegally obtained. The feds work in partnership with state and local LEO, and provide the legal muscle to keep the money.

The owners of the money must go to court to prove the money is legal. This requires a paper trail, like bank withdrawal receipts, pay stubs, etc. They also have to engage attorneys. In most cases, the amounts are less than $3,000, and the victims can't provide proof of ownership or afford attorneys, and they just give up.
Think you need to flip your statement. The agencies get the 20% (334,000,000 documented in one year), the fed gets 80%.. So the fed confiscated 6,680,000,000. Which I am sure most is drug money busts.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Yes, dogs sniff out cash as easily as they do drugs. They’ll hit on the residue on cash even if it’s washed.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Yes, dogs sniff out cash as easily as they do drugs. They’ll hit on the residue on cash even if it’s washed.
Do these dogs come with regular monthly certifications? LOL... what if one of these dogs sense of smell is off?

farmo83

Reaction score
I would buy, WD40, Coca-Cola, etc.

Some really boring stock that isn't going anywhere while they are driving around.

BingerFang

Reaction score

They have charcoal activated duffel bags and the manufacture states K9’s cannot smell what’s inside.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
They have charcoal activated duffel bags and the manufacture states K9’s cannot smell what’s inside.

I wouldn’t bet on it.
I mean, it might be better than nothing but after the shit I’ve seen dogs do I’d never bet against them.

707dog

Reaction score
spent many years ripping up and down the freeways buying boats and classic cars with cash(cash is king), but honestly I was never worried about the LEO's I was more worried about the scum the roams about. guess I should of put the crooked blue ones in that same category as i would of been SOL proving where that money came from.

As far as the 100K and traveling not sure maybe a couple banks/credit unions with small deposits spread out over time keep a little cash in the pocket. use the account to buy gas, service and products along the travel so it looks legit once you get to where your going withdraw from a account until there's only a few bucks in it but keep it open for awhile
. close out each account in a slow fashion till you have your dough back

Last edited:

havasujeeper

Reaction score
Having a narco k-9, we trained with charcoal activated bags and our dogs hit it every time. You gotta remember, they usually pack these bags wearing gloves, then seal the outside of the bags using the same gloves, now contaminating the outside of the bags. Dogs will find it.

BingerFang

Reaction score
Having a narco k-9, we trained with charcoal activated bags and our dogs hit it every time. You gotta remember, they usually pack these bags wearing gloves, then seal the outside of the bags using the same gloves, now contaminating the outside of the bags. Dogs will find it.

Love it!!

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

Exactly.
I’m no dope dog trainer, but I know what Ive seen.
You simply can not hide drugs or money from a good dope dog.
They will find it like child’s play no matter where you put it or how you hide it.
When I saw the dog (German Shepard) dive into the trunk of a car head first and start clawing at the trunk floor I was in shock.
(I knew it was a money run but I never knew how much or where it was hidden).
That dog had zero hesitation. It was like a raw steak was in that trunk.
They towed the car and started looking.
Nothing in the trunk, they dropped the fuel tank. Nothing in it. They noticed a welded panel under the trunk above the gas tank area.
They cut that open and found another tin box.
Inside that was almost a million dollars all sealamealed up.
The dog smelled the dope (I presume?) on the money, seal a mealed, in a sealed tin box, inside a welded steel compartment, under a trunk on top a gas tank.
When I saw that I knew right then you CAN NOT hide shit from a dog.
Coffee grinds? Myth.
Charcoal? They hit it.

They literally have dogs that sniff out cancer in people.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
I think most missed the point of the question. Somehow this turned into hiding drug money or illicit funds which is hardly the case even read some posts like this turned into a RDP trial LoL. American's shouldn't fear law enforcement taking legally acquired money but somehow here we are. I don't think it's out of line to carry cash for lots of circumstances none of which are the laws business. For example we use USAA which is a good bank but totally a pain in the ass when you need certain transactions or need cash. I buy all my stuff in cash and try to finance nothing if possible. So if I'm hitting the road to buy something or whatever I know there is risk of loosing the $$$ lots of different ways but law enforcement shouldn't be one of them. We are planning on buying a new car, property, etc. and if I find a good deal on a private sale boat, car, etc. on the road I need access to cash now. America used to work that way and still should but somehow I'm in RDP court. Thanks to those who understood the question and offered legit advice I'm just gonna invest in Circuit City stock and let it ride :)

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I think most missed the point of the question. Somehow this turned into hiding drug money or illicit funds which is hardly the case even read some posts like this turned into a RDP trial LoL. American's shouldn't fear law enforcement taking legally acquired money but somehow here we are. I don't think it's out of line to carry cash for lots of circumstances none of which are the laws business. For example we use USAA which is a good bank but totally a pain in the ass when you need certain transactions or need cash. I buy all my stuff in cash and try to finance nothing if possible. So if I'm hitting the road to buy something or whatever I know there is risk of loosing the $$$ lots of different ways but law enforcement shouldn't be one of them. We are planning on buying a new car, property, etc. and if I find a good deal on a private sale boat, car, etc. on the road I need access to cash now. America used to work that way and still should but somehow I'm in RDP court. Thanks to those who understood the question and offered legit advice I'm just gonna invest in Circuit City stock and let it ride :)

Well you know, there’s the way it oughta be, and there’s the way it is.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Speaking of the government taking cash and assets...