WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you guys do about people speeding or blowing stop signs on your street?

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
I'm curious what you guys have done about neighbors hauling ass through your neighborhood or blowing stop signs. There's been some crazy close calls so far and a few kids have almost been run over. I live on street that is loaded with kids. I'd guess there are 30-40 kids between 3-12 years old on our street. There's a few 16-21 ish aged kids that keep hauling ass down our street and blowing the stop sign in front of my house. I've tried chasing them to school just a 1/2 mile down the street but I always loose them due to not driving like a maniac. I've tried going to their houses when I see their cars home but they don't answer (they have one of the camera doorbell things....they know it's me) a few neighbors have contacted the local police and they've told us that if they cant catch them in the act that it is hard to stop them.

I'm guessing their parents are assholes too because they never answer the door either.

I'm about ready to buy spike strips to throw out while they fly by lol...

Any advise?

wallnutz

Reaction score
If it happens at night, paint a cinder block black and tie a rope to it. When they come speeding by simply pull the rope and walk away winding the rope up so you don’t leave any evidence. Of course don’t do this in front of your house.:D

wallnutz

Reaction score
By the way, this has worked on more than one occasion.
If it happens at night, paint a cinder block black and tie a rope to it. When they come speeding by simply pull the rope and walk away winding the rope up so you don’t leave any evidence. Of course don’t do this in front of your house.:D

Boschma

Wish I was at the River
Reaction score
My neighbors put up those little green guys holding s red flag , they work very well .
we thought about that.....one neighbor had one he stuck in the street but it got ran over lol. Cops said they cant be in the street and have to be on the sidewalk.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Duct tape sticky side up looped on the ends. When they run it over it will sound like they have a flat tire. They will stop, then you can have a chat with them.

The other option is continuing to call the local PD (multiple residents on the street calling is best) and request that they put a motorcycle cop in the neighborhood in the mornings or evenings when the offenders typically go by.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Our neighborhood got stop signs about 2 years ago...there are about 3 folks in the neighborhood that constantly blow through them...usually at least double the speed limit. They're too stupid to understand what they're doing wrong. Much like people who drop their trash where it falls out of their hands, the only solution is to shoot them...which will cause more problems. Unless the cops see it, nothing they can do. One of the guys was pretty drunk one night and tore ass down the street doing about 70 or so, blew the sweeping turn at the end of the neighborhood, bounced off a few parked cars and ended up in someone's front yard...he was taken away in bracelets and I haven't seen him back. The other 2 are still assholes. Can't fix it, so I decided to move to a different neighborhood...should be out in a month.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
F09C1827-6118-4877-838E-0C0E6262CC31.png
These seem to work really well on residential streets , don’t be afraid to put them right in the middle .

oldschool

Reaction score
Had the same issue with our neighbors kid a few years back. I had a "coming to Jesus" talk with him and it helped. He did need a polite reminder on occasion though. My parents had a real issue on their street with people speeding, I spoke to the PD and had one of those mobile speed indicator trailers parked there. That made it worse, they tried to set a new speed record every time they went by.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I know a guy (painter) used to bounce an empty 5 gallon bucket off of their windshield. I asked what he would do if they stopped. He told me it had never happened.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Can't win. People suck. A few months back when my wife was still pregnant crossing the street with right away, not slowly this asshat flys around the car in the left hand turn lane. I give my wife a small shove and just barley get out of the way myself.

After yelling some obscenities and giving him the bird he pulls over and wants to get physical. Out of his sweet Kia Soul BTW.

I pull my knife and am ready to slit this son of bitch's throat. My wife is screaming at me to put it away. That ruining my life isn't worth this loser. All while a few cars are stopped filming from their cell phones.

I was beyond hot. This dude looked like the biggest disheveled pos I have ever seen. Then he calls out my manhood. You flip me off, but you're not man enough to do anything about it???!!!!

I laughed my ass off and walked away. Not like the old days where I could have slit his throat and just walked away or been justified. I wish he would have come at me.

Hard to walk away, BUT really in the end it is not worth it.

sirbob

Reaction score
Call again and again and again and again to the cops...

I just got notice (in the mail to my address) from the city of a hearing to discuss slowing down traffic on the next block. They are considering speed bumps etc and want the people effected to have input.

This came about because of people on the street calling the city....again and again and again and again...

RodnJen

Reaction score
Call the police, may not get much. Then get a contact at the PD so you can email them. Putting it in writing I have found to be quite motivational.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

I just got notice (in the mail to my address) from the city of a hearing to discuss slowing down traffic on the next block. They are considering speed bumps etc and want the people effected to have input.

This came about because of people on the street calling the city....again and again and again and again...
Speed bumps suck donkey dicks....My Grandparents bitched about the speeding and then the speedbumps came. And then everytime a pick up truck would go over them, you would hear all the shit bouncing in the bed of the trucks, waking them up at night. Speed bumps...bad for light sleepers.

sirbob

Reaction score
Speed bumps suck donkey dicks....My Grandparents bitched about the speeding and then the speedbumps came. And then everytime a pick up truck would go over them, you would hear all the shit bouncing in the bed of the trucks, waking them up at night. Speed bumps...bad for light sleepers.

I not saying its the answer - just an actual example I'm dealing with right now. I looking forward to seeing what the city is going to do in our situation.

At least we go their head turned towards the boat now.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

This was actually discussed at a "town hall" meeting held in our neighborhood after the stop signs were installed. Many of us requested them, simply because of the few folks that just don't care to follow the rules. The stop signs actually increased the speeds of these handful of idiots, because now there was another rule for them to break, so they tried their best. You simply can't do 70mph over a speed bump.

The city refused to even entertain the idea, siting that every time they'd ever put in speedbumps, within a few months, all the residents were asking for them to be removed. And all the old people (lots of elderly in my area) objected due to bumpy ambulance rides to the hospital.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
You can always drill a hole in the sidewalks of their tires to slow them down. That’s what I heard, lol.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
View attachment 649966 These seem to work really well on residential streets , don’t be afraid to put them right in the middle .
I fucking hate these things.... YES I see your kids, no I'm not speeding!! Ugh I have an annoying neighbor who puts 2 out in a staggered position, on TOP of the speed bumps already in our small neighborhood, while his daughter is never anywhere to be seen, and if she is, it's with 13 other kids on bikes, yes I see the kids...and he sits, drinks beer and watches TV in his garage. One of these days I'm either going to steal it or run it over. "Opps, I was trying to avoid hitting your kid...." :mad: he impends the flow of traffic in the road way

Singleton

Reaction score
I have been known to roll a basketball out onto the street. I am usually blocked by my truck so they don’t see me, but see the ball and the reaction usually gets the point across.
I have also taken videos of the same car, walked across the street to the retired Sheriff Officier I am buddies with and he coordinates a chat with the driver about slowing down. That has worked well, especially when they have the video.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

As they say, "The squeaky hinge gets oiled":)

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
This was actually discussed at a "town hall" meeting held in our neighborhood after the stop signs were installed. Many of us requested them, simply because of the few folks that just don't care to follow the rules. The stop signs actually increased the speeds of these handful of idiots, because now there was another rule for them to break, so they tried their best. You simply can't do 70mph over a speed bump.

The city refused to even entertain the idea, siting that every time they'd ever put in speedbumps, within a few months, all the residents were asking for them to be removed. And all the old people (lots of elderly in my area) objected due to bumpy ambulance rides to the hospital.

I used to love the bigger speed bumps as that 70mph was the speed that made them almost as if they weren't there i
I not saying its the answer - just an actual example I'm dealing with right now. I looking forward to seeing what the city is going to do in our situation.

At least we go their head turned towards the boat now.

Boise is purchasing a shit ton of LED speed limit signs. They flash when you're over the limit and they are very effective. Speed jumps are a thing of the past.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I fucking hate these things.... YES I see your kids, no I'm not speeding!! Ugh I have an annoying neighbor who puts 2 out in a staggered position, on TOP of the speed bumps already in our small neighborhood, while his daughter is never anywhere to be seen, and if she is, it's with 13 other kids on bikes, yes I see the kids...and he sits, drinks beer and watches TV in his garage. One of these days I'm either going to steal it or run it over. "Opps, I was trying to avoid hitting your kid...." :mad: he impends the flow of traffic in the road way
He put them there for all the disrespectful drivers, which does not include you. ;)

Motor Boater

Reaction score
We have this problem in my neighborhood. There is a shithead kid that hauls ass in his truck and rides his dirt bike like 70 up the street past the kids playing. It sucks because I’m happy the kid is riding a dirt bike and not playing xbox but when he sees kids he needs to slow way down. Instead he speeds up and does wheelies. My Neighbor called the cops and took several videos. I told my cop buddy either he handles it or I will. They finally knocked on his door and gave him a ticket so it has stopped for now. He tried to say his motorcycle hasn’t run since last August, then the dad said it was him not the son. The cop told them they had multiple videos from a week prior and there are a lot more violations that could be issued if they wanted to continue the lieing.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score

s-l1000.jpg

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
He put them there for all the disrespectful drivers, which does not include you. ;)
He's a drunk control freak!! LOL He just needs a babysitter while he sits in his garage, yells at anyone going more than 15 mph, which is fine, however our stretch of road is less than a football field long and has THREE speed bumps... idiot.

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
We have this problem in my neighborhood. There is a shithead kid that hauls ass in his truck and rides his dirt bike like 70 up the street past the kids playing. It sucks because I’m happy the kid is riding a dirt bike and not playing xbox but when he sees kids he needs to slow way down. Instead he speeds up and does wheelies. My Neighbor called the cops and took several videos. I told my cop buddy either he handles it or I will. They finally knocked on his door and gave him a ticket so it has stopped for now. He tried to say his motorcycle hasn’t run since last August, then the dad said it was him not the son. The cop told them they had multiple videos from a week prior and there are a lot more violations that could be issued if they wanted to continue the lieing.
I just had a flashback to my yz 80 daze without the vid cameras, of course.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

That's a whole bunch of rage over a piece of green plastic.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I just had a flashback to my yz 80 daze without the vid cameras, of course.
I've almost got my son and his friend and their dirt bikes talked into taking them out.... LOL

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
That's a whole bunch of rage over a piece of green plastic.

I like how the neighbors in my hood have them up on their street and then they drive like they own the road going down my street. #Hypofuckingcritsdrivingpriusesgobacktocommiefornia.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I like how the neighbors in my hood have them up on their street and then they drive like they own the road going down my street. #Hypofuckingcritsdrivingpriusesgobacktocommiefornia.
You didn't put your Fn signs out to let them know there are kids at play. It is a safe to speed zone.

I'm glad MissB doesn't have an issue with the Disney annual pass sticker :)

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
You didn't put your Fn signs out to let them know there are kids at play. It is a safe to speed zone.

I'm glad MissB doesn't have an issue with the Disney annual pass sticker :)
Right...even though I am only three houses around the corner lol.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I have gone through this. Lived on a street approximately 1/4 mile in length. Would occasionally get a random asshole speeding but it was residents for the most part. Called the city. Worked my way up the chain. I expressed the city's potential liability now that I have made these claims and brought them aware of the problem, I even presented the number of kids, pets and elderly on the street.

Police dept had survey equipment (counter and speed) installed the next day.

Within 1 month we had stop signs. Same resident refused to stop. One day i walked out in middle of street and said WTF. He mouthed off and said they never used to be there, I ain't stopping now. More words were exchanged, yet he refused to exit the car.

I pushed the PD sit on side street and ticket the non stoppers. Caught him and others.

Lived there 4 more years and he chose a new route. Never saw him use that street again. I was polite but laid down the rules on how it was going to go. I used to have a dog that was super cool with everyone but he WANTED a piece of this guy. He just knew the guy was a douche. He stopped even walking down the street from then on.

Be persistent, be polite, be clear. Get the neighbors on your side to help enforce it.

DEEZNUTS

Reaction score
I knew another neighbor that kept a pile of old shoes on the porch. He used them to throw at speeders. Old man. No one ever stopped or confronted him. The shoes didnt do any damage to the vehicles. I think he actually enjoyed it.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
I know someone that puts an old ball out in the street. Moves it around every couple days. The green flag guys stopped working. Ball seems to be pretty effective.

rvrrun

Reaction score
We have a corner lot, the city put a stop sign at our corner a few years after I moved in. It was far better before, now we have a false sense of security that cars will stop and allow us to cross. It’s amazing how many speed and don’t bother to stop.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I had a neighbor at an old house who would paint 8 foot long 4x4's yellow and throw them in the street. Car goes slow over them no problem. Haul ass and they kick up and do damage.

I have a stop sign at the entrance to our neighborhood that people run constantly. some don't even touch the brakes. There is a park across from my neighborhood that we take the kids and dog to almost every day and we have to walk across this intersection. Yelling, obscene gestures didn't work. I don't really want a cop sitting outside my house all day so I haven't complained to the city. There have been a couple of close calls. Not sure what I am going to do but I have a feeling it is going to be some kind of vigilante justice that will probably get me into trouble. I am following this thread with interest to get ideas.

One guy came sliding up to the stop sign with the abs fully engaged. I threw my daughter up on the curb and I was lucky that he got it stopped about 6 inches before he took me out. I kicked his grill which really hurt my foot and didn't do any damage to the car and then went and picked up my crying daughter. He took off as soon as I wasn't standing in front of the car. I would have loved to have ripped him out of the car and beat him to a pulp but the crying daughter was the priority. I went hunting for that car later that night but didn't see it in the neighborhood. My plan was to tow it to the riverbed and let the vultures have their way with it.