WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you guys think of this sand car?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Have a buddy looking for a sand car under 25k and he sent me this on race dezert what do you guys think seems like a lot of car for the money I am not really into the sand car thing but I could possibly be at this price point

glamis0812

Reaction score
I would send the pics to Joe the owner of Sandlimo and see what he says. The price seems good but I would make sure it’s a true sandlimo.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Radiator angle is strange and the fuel tank type and location are weird as fuck.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Radiator angle is strange and the fuel tank type and location are weird as fuck.
I was thinking that too looks like it might have use to have a Rear seat and was a 4 seater at one time

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Dose anyone have a contact for Joe I think he was a member here at one time if I remember correctly

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I think its strange that a 5 year old car was never painter or coated, wonder why?

Could have been a roller that someone finished themselves and never painted.

Lots of guys do this if they are finishing the fit themselves that way they can make sure they have absolutely every tab, etc on the chassis before they end up having to grind and blend paint to add a light, or a wire tie, etc.

The fab work looks pretty good, the chassis shape looks good too.

Someone may have just finished this thing with spare parts.

Looks like it has a VIN tag so i'm assuming a title as well, from a legal point that covers you pretty well.

The acura and honda motors are cheap junkyard deals, you just buy a new one when they shit the bed. They cost a couple grand probably.

Doesn't seem bad for the money, if the 4 corners are in good shape and the trans doesn't whine it's probably a decent buy if you wanna go duning. The car looks pretty light and probably dunes pretty well.

Rotten deal

Reaction score
keep in mind whole car has to come apart to powder coat and finish every piece before it becomes a rust bucket.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So the best part of that car is that it looks nothing like a Sand Limo, i personally think the Joe Fab cars are ug asF this is a real good looking chassis.
The Acura and Mendi 2d is absolutely bullet proof together.
the radiator angle looks to be almost the exact same as mine in my car, the fuel tank well...... a belly cell or possibly a small cell under the radiator if there is room would be ideal.
It’s a raw chassis (#rawcarsrule) so you alter the rear lay out is no big deal imho. And that price you are getting a ton of car for the money.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
keep in mind whole car has to come apart to powder coat and finish every piece before it becomes a rust bucket.
Na just keep it up, my chassis is an 06 and still no rust.
Marvel Mystery oil and a scotch bright, or just use Lin seed oil once a year. I’dtake a raw chassis over pc any and every day.
8B012D87-8C4A-4552-8F5A-F17F424719DD.jpeg

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

That kinda depends on where you live... If you are in the desert and only duning at Glamis and Dumont, it will never rust enough in an entire lifetime to be a problem.

Plenty of race cars running around that are 20 years old that have never had paint on them.

Now if you live in high humidity, or below the salt line.... well that may be a different story.

DaveH

Reaction score
the 3.2 motor made 220hp from the factory. while it looks like this thing has a relatively light weight chassis, I would think this thing would be way under powered. the good news is you can strap a turbo on, unmodified, a run 5-6psi and probably be close to 300hp which would really wake this thing up.

if you add up the parts alone on the car, 22 seems very reasonable.

jetur

Reaction score
If the welds are good and there's nothing majorly wrong with it, I think its a pretty good car for the price. That thing will eat side by sides at the dunes and it's cheaper.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
If the welds are good and there's nothing majorly wrong with it, I think its a pretty good car for the price. That thing will eat side by sides at the dunes and it's cheaper.
Exactly what my buddy is thinking he is just scared about the added up keep rebuilding transmissions and all of that

jetur

Reaction score
Exactly what my buddy is thinking he is just scared about the added up keep rebuilding transmissions and all of that
IDK. A 2D with only 300hp should last several seasons. I dune with a buddy that has a twin turbo LS5 Buckshot and that car only has a 2D. I bet he gets about 12 trips out of each rebuild and it pushes rediculois hp. I try and keep up on a turbo RZR. Lol...

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
IDK. A 2D with only 300hp should last several seasons. I dune with a buddy that has a twin turbo LS5 Buckshot and that car only has a 2D. I bet he gets about 12 trips out of each rebuild and it pushes rediculois hp. I try and keep up on a turbo RZR. Lol...
If my buddy dose not get it I might get it instead of a new turbo S I just bought a new flatbed car hauler and it’s 16ft I don’t know if it will fit though

Deckin Around

Reaction score
I would want to pull a shock and see that front suspension cycle to see what the bump steer looks like. I just see some positive camber on that drivers side front. My experience is long travel doesn't mean good travel or that the steering rack was setup right by someone who finished the car outside of sandlimo. When you land and the suspension pushes the car side to side as it cycles it ain't cool. You can argue about the power/trans but suspension set-up and shock tuning is everything.

Last edited:

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Couple things, I would want receipt proving it’s a 2d. Only stamped deco on body. That could be an Ebox which is basically a glorified bus trans. All though with that motor an ebox would still be fine.
Next is that CV angle looks out of whack for those trailing arms.
The parts alone if it really has what’s listed exceeds the sell price. So still not a bad deal. Just know you may be cutting and taking apart and re working things to make it right

Raw in glamis in any rain/sprinkle is not good.
Even SS will surface rust out there from a storm. Not sure if salt in the sands out there or what but it took hours to polish shit back into shape

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Couple things, I would want receipt proving it’s a 2d. Only stamped deco on body. That could be an Ebox which is basically a glorified bus trans. All though with that motor an ebox would still be fine.
Next is that CV angle looks out of whack for those trailing arms.
The parts alone if it really has what’s listed exceeds the sell price. So still not a bad deal. Just know you may be cutting and taking apart and re working things to make it right

Raw in glamis in any rain/sprinkle is not good.
Even SS will surface rust out there from a storm. Not sure if salt in the sands out there or what but it took hours to polish shit back into shape
2d = bigger bearings in stronger case braced nose cone with 091 gears.
E = bigger bearings I’m stronger case vw nose cone with 002 gears.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
2d = bigger bearings in stronger case braced nose cone with 091 gears.
E = bigger bearings I’m stronger case vw nose cone with 002 gears.
Ebox cost less money then a 2d and many guys list cars as a 2d when it’s not.
From the outside most dont know. But they find out real quick when they up the hp and grenade it and get told now is the time to upgrade to a 2d. And the owners think wait what, that’s what I have, uhhhh no you don’t