WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you guys think of this?

AEA

Reaction score
I have been looking for a metal/wood capable band saw. I have seen a Grizzly 17" with an inverter which gives you variable blade speed control. Model G0640X, $1795.00.

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of this saw? What about Grizzly tools on general? I want a decent tool, doesn't have to be top of the line but should be good quality.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I have been looking for a metal/wood capable band saw. I have seen a Grizzly 17" with an inverter which gives you variable blade speed control. Model G0640X, $1795.00.

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of this saw? What about Grizzly tools on general? I want a decent tool, doesn't have to be top of the line but should be good quality.

Grizzly is fine, it gets the job done and is affordable. We have a couple pieces in the wood shop.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Grizzly is suppsed to be a good value tool. Friends have several. I am considering them on a few future wood purchases.

rivergames

Reaction score
I picked up a rigid bandsaw at Home depot for $375 because it was a floor model. I order blades through McMaster Carr. So far I have built 3 boat using this POS bandsaw, but it gets the job done :D

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
I have a Grizzly bandsaw and table saw. Top quality and built well. Their industrial grade equipment is built right and holds up in comparison to other mid level offerings from Dewalt and Jet.

There is better stuff but you will pay for the difference.