WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What do you think about this link on the cost of living in LHC ?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Havasu housing is more expensive and wages are likely lower than other places. Those So Cal folks paying a lot for large houses and big RV garages skew the numbers.
Yeah, due to it being a vacation type destination vs a place like Kingman it definitely skews the ratio.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Havasu housing is more expensive and wages are likely lower than other places. Those So Cal folks paying a lot for large houses and big RV garages skew the numbers.

Exactly. Seems like Housing is the only thing inflated. That is because the only houses being built in Havasu are large $300-$400K houses.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Says Havasu groceries are tad cheaper than Kingman, and I don't have to bring my own bags anymore. Win

Makes sense, Havasu is an hour closer to the distribution centers in CA, and I'm sure more competition.

yard dog

Reaction score
Makes sense, Havasu is an hour closer to the distribution centers in CA, and I'm sure more competition.
If this is the case why is fuel cost much higher in LHC ? , I put fuel in BHC coming from LV and it was 2.13 a gal and diesel 2.59 a gal . Also the statement was more expensive than PHX , Paradise Valley and Scottsdale and most expensive in AZ .

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If this is the case why is fuel cost much higher in LHC ? , I put fuel in BHC coming from LV and it was 2.13 a gal and diesel 2.59 a gal . Also the statement was more expensive than PHX , Paradise Valley and Scottsdale and most expensive in AZ .

Fuel is more expensive where housing is higher priced... and fuel prices arent a race to the bottom like grocery stores. People are not loyal to gas stations like they are with grocery stores.

The only truly cheap fuel places in Havasu I have seen are Smiths, Maverik, and the Pilot and Loves by the 40. I’m sure there are another couple cheap ones in town, but everything else is at least 10-15 cents more per gallon usually.

Again, the type of housing demand and prices are driving up “The cost of living.” It is not another $1 per tank of gas, or $.10 cheaper loaf of bread.

If you take out housing, the costs of living in Havasu are nearly the same as the surrounding areas.

Last edited:

copterzach

Reaction score
What could a person do for a living there?

I know flying would almost be out of the question. I think RD said he pays $350 an hour for an R44 Helicopter. I charge $350 an hour to gather cattle, $375 for survey work and $500 an hour to do capture work with a R22. The guys around here get $600-700 an hour for an R44.

Just curious what kind of flying could be done or if any.

Advantage 1

Reaction score

I know flying would almost be out of the question. I think RD said he pays $350 an hour for an R44 Helicopter. I charge $350 an hour to gather cattle, $375 for survey work and $500 an hour to do capture work with a R22. The guys around here get $600-700 an hour for an R44.

Maybe some site seeing / tours of the lake and river. That would be cool.

2Driver

Reaction score
Pretty hard to measure a bedroom/vacation community to average of US cities.

That said, trying to just move to the river and get a decent paying job commensurate with the costs of living there is probably a lot harder than the so called average city.

milkmoney

Reaction score

Well if you move out , u can fly me from havasu to my boat in Parker or from boat to havasu , depending on what is happening.
[emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Well if you move out , u can fly me from havasu to my boat in Parker or from boat to havasu , depending on what is happening.
[emoji202]

You aren't going to pay $350 for a 1 way flight lets be honest...lol

milkmoney

Reaction score
We are completely honest. Hell no I won't.
That's why Zach is a friend [emoji106] [emoji202]

Dalton

Reaction score
housing market there is crazy, rent is cheap though depending on how you look at it, because renters live/work there normally, and I would say maybe 2-5% of the jobs in town would let you own a 4-500k dollar house

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
housing market there is crazy, rent is cheap though depending on how you look at it, because renters live/work there normally, and I would say maybe 2-5% of the jobs in town would let you own a 4-500k dollar house

But residents working in the town don’t buy those houses, vacationers/investors do. There are tons of modest homes for sale for around $200k. They don’t build them because there is already enough in town to support the demand. Frankly that is the same reason modest single family homes are not built in SoCal any more - there are already enough to fill demand.

Rent is cheap compared to So Cal, but it seems in high demand and is on the rise. Rents in Havasu are certainly the highest in the area.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

They aren't cheaper to run in AZ as compared to TX. RDs rate is likely different than what I would pay.

I've looked at a couple 135 operations (fixed wing) in smaller areas before, you gotta be a scrapy to make it work.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

It's 24 miles from Hangar 24 to Fox' floating bar, about a 15 min. flight.

Are you suggesting that Zack should charge Milk Money 4 times his current rate? :D

Heylam

Reaction score
Havasu is more a suburb of California then a city in Arizona. I’d be willing to bet there are more ex Californian’s living in Havasu then there are native Arizonian’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
From what I see the the full time young people raising their family’s is low wages. If they run their own business then they do ok but not the workers.

Havasu is a resort town with a huge population of second homes. This month the snow birds will leave and the weekend boaters will return. Half the homes go black.

copterzach

Reaction score
They aren't cheaper to run in AZ as compared to TX. RDs rate is likely different than what I would pay.

I've looked at a couple 135 operations (fixed wing) in smaller areas before, you gotta be a scrapy to make it work.

I was thinking down the road. I will always have a helicopter. Even when I retire.

They are the same helicopters. Whether they are in AZ or TX. I was just stating what I and others charge for our services. I won’t start my R22 for less than $325 an hour. Not worth it and I don’t need the practice.

But a shuttle service probably wouldn’t make any money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score

Yea but Kingman is even higher i believe that has to do with being right in the i40 tho but holy snap i now see why i feel like I’ve finally made it when i see my place..... it’s because i live in the trailer park of America with the lowest col