WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What does good look like? (NEXGEN A/C)

sirbob

Reaction score
As some may recall, I started a thread a couple of weeks ago to ask some questions about installing a split unit AC in the garage... https://www.riverdavesplace.com/forums/threads/split-ac-install-question.236712/

It turns out that one of the members here at RDP does a lot of AC work and he had some words of wisdom that helped. I sent him a PM and asked if he would be interested in bidding the work and he said of course.

Within 1 hr I got a call from his scheduling person.

At 9am the next morning I had Jason, one of his Project Mgrs. at my house looking over the job and bidding it. I decided to go ahead and do it, but because it was Friday of Memorial weekend I kind of figured it would be a week or so to get going...
IMG_9552.jpeg

The crew showed up at 9am Saturday morning (the next day) of a holiday weekend to get started!

IMG_9556.jpeg
IMG_9555.jpeg

The four crew members made short work of the install. 2 worked on getting the electrical pulled and to the area it needed to be. While the other 2 worked on getting the wall unit mounted.

IMG_9565.jpeg
IMG_9562.jpeg
IMG_9566.jpeg
IMG_9574.jpeg

They covered my work bench to keep the drywall dust etc from becoming a mess - they also had tarps down when needed and were very good about clean up and making sure everything was back to normal before they left.

IMG_9568.jpeg

After the electric was done - 2 of the guys headed outside to dig the base and hook up the outside unit. They brought bags of rocks and base material and a nice plastic base footing to rest the outside unit on so it would be off the ground etc.

IMG_9560.jpeg

All the siding will be replaced so it won't look like this in a month or so...

IMG_9569.jpeg
IMG_9573.jpeg

Today I was able to be here for the drywall repair guy that NEXGEN A/C sent out to finish their work.

IMG_9605.jpeg

I know in the above picture it looks like its mounted crooked - But its not - It just looks like it in the pic.

IMG_9606.jpeg
IMG_9607.jpeg

These pics were taken while the drywall patch is still drying...

Would I recommend NEXGEN for your heating / ac / etc. work... YES!

Why?

It starts with good people - they hire good people.

From there you have to train them well - they have! Every person I talked to knew exactly what their role was - little things like the first person to call me to schedule Jason coming out asked about things like is there an HOA / or a passcode to get to house etc. The small things that trip up a job and become a hassle, NEXGEN has trained people to ask about before hand. The customer wins and the company wins.

I interacted with 2 gals in the office for scheduling and follow up / 1 field mgr / 4 crew members to do the install / 1 crew member to trouble shoot an electrical issue the day after install / 1 dry-waller to finish up. In all those interactions every person knew what they could do and shouldn't do when interacting with the customer. example - the guys asked if they could use the rest room they were working in - I would never had know if they did but they came to the house and asked me if they could use it before they did!

Everybody had a clean uniform and drove a nice new Ford truck - the kind of workers you don't mind having in your house.

They are a one stop shop - Once I sad yes, lets do it, they had a crew here and had thought of everything and had it in their trucks. No BS, "I need a part - we will be back next Tuesday to finish".

It was the best $5k I could have spent to get it done.

Sure, I could have saved a few bucks and gone to Lowes and bought one / then hired a friends buddy to wire it / then (its not the hard) hung the unit my self / then tried to get the friends buddy back to hook it up / shlep a couple of bags of base / dug it out etc etc etc

If you need this type of work done - call these guys!

Thx Bill!

IMG_9571.jpeg

Last edited:

azsunfun

Reaction score
so did you go with multizone or single?

sirbob

Reaction score
Looks like a tough install spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAHA - they made it look easy! Had to fish through the small area between some stair treads - then drill through the block wall that was subterranean to get power outside to the unit they mounted. It looked hard to me, they didn't bat an eye.

Flat fee no BS or upcharges etc.

Last edited:

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the details of how that all works. I need to do this for both my garages.

sirbob

Reaction score
Whats with the tagging? Lol...

My wife died 1 year ago June 25th. I can't tell you how much the kids and I miss her. I painted her instagram on a rock on the beach where I walk most days and the city painted over it... So I decided to paint it on the side of the house so the world knows how much we love and miss her! 😥😥😥

@wendsgriff - in our hearts forever😘

so did you go with multizone or single?

Single unit only was needed - the garage is an outbuilding and this will be plenty.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Nice write up...... They did great on my system maintenance and adding a return unit.

NicPaus

Reaction score
They have more billboards between here and Parker than I could count last trip. They must cover a wide area. Seen a few of there trucks locally. Install looks good!

sirbob

Reaction score
They have more billboards between here and Parker than I could count last trip. They must cover a wide area. Seen a few of there trucks locally. Install looks good!

I was in Pasadena the other day and saw billboards up there! Good for them, they are growing by doing it right!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Really incredible the loss your family has been thru this past year. Awesome example you have given your kids at the same time you yourself going thru this tragedy. We just never know what others are coping with. Thanks for including all of us.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
My wife died 1 year ago June 25th. I can't tell you how much the kids and I miss her. I painted her instagram on a rock on the beach where I walk most days and the city painted over it... So I decided to paint it on the side of the house so the world knows how much we love and miss her! 😥😥😥

@wendsgriff - in our hearts forever😘

Single unit only was needed - the garage is an outbuilding and this will be plenty.
Funny...as soon as I posted that, I went back and looked and was thinking it was going to have something to do with your wife..❤👍😉

gqchris

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words and for trusting us with the project. I expect nothing less from my team than complete customer satisfaction. 👍👍

Thats awesome, great meeting you also the other day Bill. Hope to grab a beer with you one day at the lake like we mentioned!