Tireman

Reaction score
help out a lost lake 1st timer....
Average daily releases and midnight lake elevations for the week, as well as
anticipated averages for the following 2 weeks, are scheduled as follows:

Parker Davis Hoover
Dam Lake Dam Lake Dam Lake
Average Havasu Average Mohave Average Mead
Release Elev. Release Elev. Release Elev.
Date (cfs) (ft) (cfs) (ft) (cfs) (ft)
---- ----- ---- ----- ---- ----- ----
May 21 11500 448.1 16400 641.9 19500 1121.3
May 22 11500 448.1 16400 642.1 19500 1121.1
May 23 11000 448.2 16400 642.3 19500 1120.9
May 24 9500 448.4 16000 642.5 19500 1120.7
May 25 11000 448.4 16000 642.7 19500 1120.5
May 26 11500 448.4 16000 642.7 16400 1120.4
May 27 11500 448.4 16000 642.6 16400 1120.3

Average 11100 16200 18600

May 28 to
Jun 3 11100 448.4 15700 643.5 18100 1119.1

Jun 4 to
Jun 10 11200 448.5 15400 643.6 16200 1118.4

Current Lake Powell storage is 15,529 thousand acre-feet (KAF) (64 percent of
capacity). Lake Mead storage is 13,775 KAF (53 percent of capacity). Total
system storage is 36,963 KAF (62 percent of capacity). Lake Powell elevation
is 3,635.94 feet.

The April-July forecast for the Colorado River is 2.26 million acre-feet or
32 percent of average.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Means the water will be low as usual on Friday (Thursdays release) and the water will be about average the rest of the weekend.

Where did you get this information? The site I normally use (www.coloradoriverinfo.com) hasnt been updated in awhile.

Last edited:

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
General rule at Lost Lake is water rises early in the afternoon and your good until close to sundown. Depends a lot on what kind of boat your taking.

Most of the time we end up playing with the kids around camp until about 1pm ish then start to think about launching.

There is the occassional time were the water is up early but that has not been my normal experience over the last two years.

76 Hondo

76 Hondo
Reaction score
General rule at Lost Lake is water rises early in the afternoon and your good until close to sundown. Depends a lot on what kind of boat your taking.

Most of the time we end up playing with the kids around camp until about 1pm ish then start to think about launching.

There is the occassional time were the water is up early but that has not been my normal experience over the last two years.

X2 anything above 11,000cfs is good, I usually check the rock bar out front when it's covered or close to it it's safe........ if you know the River:D

Tireman

Reaction score
thanks...its a chapparral 230....rides real high in the water and i gonna go slow....shoudl be fine- thanks for the tip about the rocks in front ill be watching for it...

if you see me(avatar) come say hi....

Last edited:

chaser

Reaction score
thanks...its a chapparral 230....rides real high in the water and i gonna go slow....shoudl be fine- thanks for the tip about the rocks in front ill be watching for it...

if you see me(avatar) come say hi....

" Rides real high in the water "

famous last words before OH SHIT !!!
:D

Tireman

Reaction score
lol i know ....just gonna see what happens....may not work out lol

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
2'-6' = know the river.....:skull:D

BarryMac

An Adelanto 9...
Reaction score
Follow a bigger boat and you'll be fine...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
If you head north (left) outta the little marina/cove area stay left until you get past the first right hand turn. Then I kinda cruise on the right side of the river and stay more towards the right until you get up around the bridge. There are some shallow spots in the middle.

If you head south (right) outta the marina you will go right over a couple obsticles that you can clearly see when the water is down. After you clear the park stay on the right until you make the first left hand turn, then you need to kind of shoot diaginal across to the left side of the river, but not to far ahead of the bay opening, a couple hundred yards before the big right turn:grumble::headscratch::D I know sounds a little confusing but it will make sense when you see it. A good thing about that spot is you can scout out the area I'm talking about when the water is low by simply following the dirt road down and around the corner. Ther is a large rock bar area on the right side of the river at that point that you will be able to see.

Once you clear the big right hand turn I generally stay on the left until the next right turn which comes up pretty quick. After that there are a couple cool beach spots that I'm sure you will see people hanging out at.

Have fun out there.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
If you head north (left) outta the little marina/cove area stay left until you get past the first right hand turn. Then I kinda cruise on the right side of the river and stay more towards the right until you get up around the bridge. There are some shallow spots in the middle.

If you head south (right) outta the marina you will go right over a couple obsticles that you can clearly see when the water is down. After you clear the park stay on the right until you make the first left hand turn, then you need to kind of shoot diaginal across to the left side of the river, but not to far ahead of the bay opening, a couple hundred yards before the big right turn:grumble::headscratch::D I know sounds a little confusing but it will make sense when you see it. A good thing about that spot is you can scout out the area I'm talking about when the water is low by simply following the dirt road down and around the corner. Ther is a large rock bar area on the right side of the river at that point that you will be able to see.

Once you clear the big right hand turn I generally stay on the left until the next right turn which comes up pretty quick. After that there are a couple cool beach spots that I'm sure you will see people hanging out at.

Have fun out there.

And RD says the entrance to the gorge is bad?

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
And RD says the entrance to the gorge is bad?

No no not bad at all, just go left not to far left and only if the wind is blowing SSE under 10 knots... then right, but not really right, kinda more middle right, in regards to the left side sand bar that can only be seen from the right side of the shoreline on every third wednesday of months ending in y or e.. and that all depends of course if your wearing shoes or not.

Last edited:

FreeBird236

Reaction score
No no not bad at all, just go left not to far left and only if the wind is blowing SSE under 10 knots... then right, but not really right, kinda more middle right, in regards to the left side sand bar that can only be seen from the right side of the shoreline on every third wednesday of months ending in y or e.. and that all depends of course if your wearing shoes or not.

Now I got it, I'll be down right away Lol

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score

Have fun out there.

Sounds spot on if you ask me! You just gotta be able to read water, light and dark spots. I always feel like it looks too shallow but never have any problems. Kinda like the water magnify's the bottom if that makes sense...

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Sounds spot on if you ask me! You just gotta be able to read water, light and dark spots. I always feel like it looks too shallow but never have any problems. Kinda like the water magnify's the bottom if that makes sense...

Know exactly what you mean, trouble I have is the Light and Dark never seem to show up going north in the morning.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score

Just take off your shoes and lift your feet is what I was told... Oh and close your eyes too. ;)