WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What EFI ECM and harness?

wet hull

Reaction score
Now that I own the multi port injection kit I need to decide what ECM. I want continuous tuning/ mapping. What is everyone using and what features do you like best? Going on a BBC 540 @ 650hp. I am leaning towards the Holley HP EFI but not married to it by any means.

BamBam

Reaction score
I run the Holley HP EFI on my 540. I runs great. I have a couple things I still need to figure out one of which is the amount of revolutions it needs to make on crank before firing. My old Accel box would fire with a touch of the key. Batch fire vs sequential is one of the changes. Overall I'm happy with the Holley HP especially considering price and ease of use/tuning.

wet hull

Reaction score
I run the Holley HP EFI on my 540. I runs great. I have a couple things I still need to figure out one of which is the amount of revolutions it needs to make on crank before firing. My old Accel box would fire with a touch of the key. Batch fire vs sequential is one of the changes. Overall I'm happy with the Holley HP especially considering price and ease of use/tuning.
Thanks for response. I currently have my MSD 6 box and hoping that will work like it says it will

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I want continuous tuning/ mapping.

What do you mean by this? are you planning to leave an O2 sensor in the pipe continuously? I'd highly advise against this, When that sensors fails (it will from the water reversion), then you are stuck with the computer making fueling changes based on bad readings, this is VERY BAD.

You want a solid tune and then lock it in Open Loop (no feedback from the o2), and remove the o2 sensor, only put it back in for tuning/checking later if any issues arise.

wet hull

Reaction score
What do you mean by this? are you planning to leave an O2 sensor in the pipe continuously? I'd highly advise against this, When that sensors fails (it will from the water reversion), then you are stuck with the computer making fueling changes based on bad readings, this is VERY BAD.

You want a solid tune and then lock it in Open Loop (no feedback from the o2), and remove the o2 sensor, only put it back in for tuning/checking later if any issues arise.
Honest answer is I dont know. Many have said to go with a ECM that constantly adjust the tune. They used the word mapping. I have read that moisture on O2 sensor can kill it in minutes as well as many with years on them. I do have EMI Thunder exhaust and need a bung welded in. My goal is better fuel economy and trouble free. Performance wise I am very happy with the motor. I will not be cutting corners either. Want it right. Any advice is greatly appreciated. I know enough to get in trouble.

Maestro

Reaction score
Didn't that efi set up come with a harness and ecm? Why not use it

wet hull

Reaction score
Didn't that efi set up come with a harness and ecm? Why not use it
It did but is outdated. I would need a tuner guy in the boat and then locked and cant change unless he comes back. Harness was no good.

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
I'm putting in a Holley HP in mine with an O2 sensor. I didn't do the dash as I've read that they're hard to read in the sun, but I bought a surface tablet that I could use to monitor occasionally and make changes if need be. The O2 sensor failing has concerned me a bit, but it seems to be hit or miss. I've read plenty of posts where they last a long time and some where they failed. If it fails, I'll just tune it out to get my through the weekend.

wet hull

Reaction score
I'm putting in a Holley HP in mine with an O2 sensor. I didn't do the dash as I've read that they're hard to read in the sun, but I bought a surface tablet that I could use to monitor occasionally and make changes if need be. The O2 sensor failing has concerned me a bit, but it seems to be hit or miss. I've read plenty of posts where they last a long time and some where they failed. If it fails, I'll just tune it out to get my through the weekend.
Where did you purchase from? Seems Holley has the price fixed through all vendors. $1873 ish

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
Where did you purchase from? Seems Holley has the price fixed through all vendors. $1873 ish

I buy a lot of stuff from a place called NexGen OffRoad in Temecula. They normally give me some decent deals