WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What else in in that " Schwans" ice cream truck ?......

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I've always thought, " how the hell do those high buck ice cream trucks sell that much ice cream?"...........turns out they carry more than just ice cream,.......a LOT more.
I got a PM from one of the board members here last week, guy's screen name is 'Timmmmmmmmy" ......want's to get a couple of the "river pics" I have in the spam section here. We went back & forth an finaly met up at my place up here on beanpot hill. Timmmmmmmy IS the Schwan's guy, rolls up in his Schwans truck, comes inside an we do a little business. Tim ask's what his total is, I told him I'd round it off an take a little "ice cream" for the grandkids in "trade".
I was SHOCKED at what all he has on that truck :D:thumbsup. He gave me a "catalog" of his wares. Some REALLY good looking steaks, a lot of pasta , noodles etc., etc,, ice cream :D, a KILLER lookin key lime pie :thumbsup
He's only in Parker area 8 day's a month and I'm tellin my group, next trip I'm doin the shooping for our sat. nite dinner :D The prices look to be really good AND Tim will deliver to my/YOUR door camp whatever.AND, THE FACT THAT HE'S A nice guy and fellow board member make me want all the more to support him & his biz. IF ya don't have groceries for tonites dinner, I'd PM him an have him "drop" sumthin by :thumbsup I can vouch for his GALLON choclate/almond ice cream, it's killer :D To tell ya the truth, AFTER going thru Tim's menu, I felt like some dumass that would go into 31 flavors ice cream store an order a "plain vanilla " ice cream :) :D...............just a few things from the "catalog:

1. Buffalo wings, 2 1/2 lb bag, $ 12.99........serves 7 to 9 peeps

2. Prime ranch cut steaks, pkg of 4....$15.99

3. 1/4 lb. beef patties, pkg. of 8.....$9.99

4. Jumbo cooked tail of shrimp, bag of 40 to 50 pieces, 1lb ....$14.99

Loelco

Just Wishin'....
Reaction score
Dude, try the frozen strawberry bars. Strawberries, a little sugar and a stick. That's it. DAYUM they're good on a hot day! Always have a box in the freezer in the shop.

MMD

Banned Inmate #2584...Now Inmate #20161
Reaction score
I thought this thread was headed in a different direction:

5 Worst Ice Cream Truck Stories
For some reason, ice cream trucks attract a certain criminal element. Here are five incredible, but true, stories of ice cream trucks gone bad!

1. A man from Brooklyn, NY became enraged when his $18,000 custom ice cream truck was taking too long to complete. Rather than relax with a delicious snow cone, he took a train to visit the manufacturer in Oregon and shot an employee in the head.

2. Cops arrested a man in Texas selling $5 to $10 bags of marijuana to school children from an ice cream truck. Police didn't witness any sales, but they found drugs mixed in with the frozen deserts. Although the outside showed pictures of the delicious dairy treats, the inside had plenty of drug paraphernalia. The song of the ice cream truck signaled that "pot-sickles" were coming.

3. In an incident of ice cream truck road rage, the driver of an ice cream truck stabbed a man in the chest with a screwdriver in south Florida. The man told police that he was being followed by the ice cream truck and was stabbed after getting out of his car to confront the driver.

4. In Kansas City, some dude flipped out after ordering an ice cream sandwich from an Ice Cream truck and started shooting. The driver had serious injuries.

5. A man in the UK was convicted of piracy when he sold bootlegged CDs, DVDs, and video games from his ice cream truck.

Moral of the stories; In addition to providing delicious summer treats, ice cream trucks can be dangerous hotbeds for illegal activity.

http://www.calculateme.com/car-insurance-articles/ice-cream-truck-stories.htm

ice-cream-truck.jpg

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Dude, try the frozen strawberry bars. Strawberries, a little sugar and a stick. That's it. DAYUM they're good on a hot day! Always have a box in the freezer in the shop.

Those are on " The List ":D:D

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
try the mac/cheese ,breakfast sauage and the rocky road ice cream,we have never got any thing bad off thier trucks:cool:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I lived on their individual size frozen pizzas for a couple years in High School... I haven't ever had anything of poor quality from the trucks...

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I lived on their individual size frozen pizzas for a couple years in High School... I haven't ever had anything of poor quality from the trucks...

the pizzas are killer

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
We see the Schwans Truck all the time at the Landing.He drives slow past the house and never stopped him.We will be talking to him.A positive thread as usual. Thanks:thumbsup

I drove the calif side of the river yesterday delivering pictures an I was thinkin what a pita ass it must be to have to drive over to safeway to pick up a couple steaks ( or a gallon of ice cream :D ) or whatever, I don't how many peeps here on RDP knew about Timmmmmmmy, or, like myself, thought Schwans was just ice cream. Next time he's workin Parker an we're here, we're gonna eat Schwans for the weekend :thumbsup

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Good stuff for taking to the desert, easy microwave. The Cordon Blu isn't bad at all.
We used to have a great driver in our area back when the boys were young. One day he cut it too close going out of our driveway and wound up in the ditch. Chris was about 13 at the time, and was an accomplished tractor operator.
He went and got the tractor and got the guy going again, earned 2 gallons of ice cream for that. He's never forgot.
The schwans guy nowadays is a wiener. He doesn't come down our road at all, blowing off a lot of households.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Yeah........ but does he sell dimebags and dvd's of movies still in the theatre?? LOL....... "Hotbed for illegal activity"

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
also try the steaks and chicken, each in its own package and water proof great for the lake,just toss in the cooler and and pull out when needed,the cooked shrimp is great for the lake to:cool:

gigamurph

Reaction score
Though we haven't partakin' the Schwan's fare in a few years (it's not overly "pricey", but still out of the reach of da gig); if the Rocky Road is the same as it was then, I'll vouche to the fact that it's killer. And if they still carry the scalloped corn, try it; don't think you'd be disappointed. :thumbsup

Dammit skyskier. Now ya got me "jonesin'" for some Rocky Road. :grumble:

Earl-Bob

wana c my member
Reaction score
POTSTICKERS not 'pot ', you deepfry these!! awsome snack....you guys know I kinda live a rural area the joke around here is "all the kids in that little town look like the Schwans Man":grumble:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
You guys are overlooking their potato chips.
Really good.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
also try the steaks and chicken, each in its own package and water proof great for the lake,just toss in the cooler and and pull out when needed,the cooked shrimp is great for the lake to:cool:

EXACTLY what I'm thinkin :D:thumbsup

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Though we haven't partakin' the Schwan's fare in a few years (it's not overly "pricey", but still out of the reach of da gig); if the Rocky Road is the same as it was then, I'll vouche to the fact that it's killer. And if they still carry the scalloped corn, try it; don't think you'd be disappointed. :thumbsup

Dammit skyskier. Now ya got me "jonesin'" for some Rocky Road. :grumble:

IF ONLY I'da known,...................key lime pie & raspberry rumble ice cream with a deep raspberry swirl,raspberry crunchies AND raspberry filled chocolate truffles :D

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I thought this thread was headed in a different direction:

5 Worst Ice Cream Truck Stories
For some reason, ice cream trucks attract a certain criminal element. Here are five incredible, but true, stories of ice cream trucks gone bad!

1. A man from Brooklyn, NY became enraged when his $18,000 custom ice cream truck was taking too long to complete. Rather than relax with a delicious snow cone, he took a train to visit the manufacturer in Oregon and shot an employee in the head.

2. Cops arrested a man in Texas selling $5 to $10 bags of marijuana to school children from an ice cream truck. Police didn't witness any sales, but they found drugs mixed in with the frozen deserts. Although the outside showed pictures of the delicious dairy treats, the inside had plenty of drug paraphernalia. The song of the ice cream truck signaled that "pot-sickles" were coming.

3. In an incident of ice cream truck road rage, the driver of an ice cream truck stabbed a man in the chest with a screwdriver in south Florida. The man told police that he was being followed by the ice cream truck and was stabbed after getting out of his car to confront the driver.

4. In Kansas City, some dude flipped out after ordering an ice cream sandwich from an Ice Cream truck and started shooting. The driver had serious injuries.

5. A man in the UK was convicted of piracy when he sold bootlegged CDs, DVDs, and video games from his ice cream truck.

Moral of the stories; In addition to providing delicious summer treats, ice cream trucks can be dangerous hotbeds for illegal activity.

http://www.calculateme.com/car-insurance-articles/ice-cream-truck-stories.htm

ice-cream-truck.jpg
C,mon realy?:D

Last edited:

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Skyskier. The raspberry rumble is one of my favorites

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score

Is the Rocky Road the Ice Cream, or the candy??

Was it BC in the forums that likes Ice Cream so much he takes it in an IV?

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score

You're welcome, and my grandsons also thank you :skull.......little peckerwoods almost wiped me outta my chocolate almond :grumble: D Can you drop me off some catalogs at Tim, Dirtydeeds place ? I've got 3 neighbors that would like one :cool: I could get them tommorrow on my way outta town Or maybe next weekend. Are you gonna be workin memorial weekend here ?
Thanx,
Denny

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The truck rolls through our neighborhood a couple times a week.
They are bullet proof monsters.
showtrac.JPG

Rvrluvr

CLAMP ON RACING
Reaction score
egg nog ice cream at christmas time.....mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
You're welcome, and my grandsons also thank you :skull.......little peckerwoods almost wiped me outta my chocolate almond :grumble: D Can you drop me off some catalogs at Tim, Dirtydeeds place ? I've got 3 neighbors that would like one :cool: I could get them tommorrow on my way outta town Or maybe next weekend. Are you gonna be workin memorial weekend here ?
Thanx,
Denny

I will be down tomorrow around 11:30 will drop off to you or if your gone dirty deeds

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
You deliver north side lake havi? I freakin hate grocery shopping. Website?:grumble:

I am in north Havasu two days every other week. Will be there on memorial day and that tuesday next, then every other week.
Schwans.com

Last edited:

gigamurph

Reaction score
IF ONLY I'da known,...................key lime pie & raspberry rumble ice cream with a deep raspberry swirl,raspberry crunchies AND raspberry filled chocolate truffles :D
Geezus man! Ya raised my cholesterol count 10 points just readin' that!:grumble::p

rvrgirl

Reaction score
I am in north Havasu two days every other week. Will be there on memorial day and that tuesday next, then every other week.
Schwans.com

Are you the same driver that is on our street CHIRICAHUA DRIVE.. Southside Havasu???

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
hey timmmmmy thanks again for breakfast or lunch or whatever it was. the cheese steaks are great! :D

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
I've seen a truck in the Islander a few times, is that you?

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I've seen a truck in the Islander a few times, is that you?

No in Havasu I am only north of Palo verde north and all of parker area, Poston, Lost Lake, Earp, parker dam,Vidal Junction and Iron mountain

42johnny

Reaction score
We used to have Schwan's stop at our house weekly and keep us stocked up.He knew what we wanted and what we used.(outside freezer).
But we moved and that was that.
Then the other day, I saw the truck in our gated community and had to flag him down.Sure did miss those ice cream sandwich's... yummmm.
He will be stopping all the time now. I like the fact that many of the foods are pre made and ready to cook.
It is great when loading up the r.v. for a long road trip.

I guess our old guy Matt is still around Yuma doing the Schwan thing there. Great guy.

Yea, they may not be the cheapest way to eat, but they are good...

Johnny

dspracing

Reaction score

Sounds like Dave if his cart isn't done next weekend.

Ratso

Reaction score
The chicken meat for fajitas is good. We buy a lot of corn on the cob, corn dogs, chicken drummies and chicken nuggets, mac and cheese... lot of good stuff on those trucks...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice to meet you Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmyy!! Thanks for the grub!

You swinging by at some point next weekend with the truck? on a boat?

RD

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Nice to meet you Timmmmmmmmmmmmmmyy!! Thanks for the grub!

You swinging by at some point next weekend with the truck? on a boat?

RD

I think I am going to go ahead and work so it will be with the truck. My buddys engine won't be done for another week.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Workin on memorial? What kind of american r u? :D

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Might as well make some extra cash. Where are you going to party friday night?

Not sure yet.. I don't really make plans at the river. If it's early evening I would gguess my house.. later evening probably roadrunner / foxes... really late evening as in 2:30 on.. probably back at my house.. LOL

RD

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
Not sure yet.. I don't really make plans at the river. If it's early evening I would gguess my house.. later evening probably roadrunner / foxes... really late evening as in 2:30 on.. probably back at my house.. LOL

RD

I will find ya and buy you a beer or two