WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What happened to the recession?

wallnutz

Reaction score
I thought we all were supposed to be standing in the gubermint cheese line by now?

The news and every democrat in washington said it was coming, what happened?

FWIW - the small business optimism index went up yet again.....
Ask the guy running around with a hard on over impeachment, he will tell you it’s here now because the market hasn’t gone up 7%lol

RodnJen

Reaction score
Same thing that happened to $8.00/gallon gas under Obama.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I was paying upwards of 5.60 In Carlsbad CA at the time..

As for what happened to the recession, someone waved a magic wand.. LOL. That said our deficit is completely out of fucking control so I can't help but wonder a bit if we aren't reaping fruits right now, but are going to pay a price later. Until we get government spending under control (which is gonna actually take draining the swamp) we are in a bit of a pickle.

RD

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

As for what happened to the recession, someone waved a magic wand.. LOL. That said our deficit is completely out of fucking control so I can't help but wonder a bit if we aren't reaping fruits right now, but are going to pay a price later. Until we get government spending under control (which is gonna actually take draining the swamp) we are in a bit of a pickle.

RD

It will never happen, the only thing working in our favor is that the most of the modern world is even worse off than the US when all things are considered in regards to servicing their debt and obligations vs their GDP and incomes.

We will live in single digit interest in perpetuity at this point because the government cannot afford for the interest rates to rise.

JBS

Reaction score

RD

Dave the debt is not an issue. The one thing the president and the dems agree on. Spend spend spend. It’s not an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

saucedaddy

Reaction score
I thought we all were supposed to be standing in the gubermint cheese line by now?

Well if it follows the trend it will be at the end of another Republicans term, just like the last 3.
Thanks
Reagan
GH
GW

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Well if it follows the trend it will be at the end of another Republicans term, just like the last 3.
Thanks
Reagan
GH
GW
LIAR, That big eared dope, who's shit you eat, was the worst!! Loser Liar Loser Liar!! Hey Dave, kick his nut's again!!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Thanks
Reagan
GH
GW

Johnson also left giving Nixon a recession to deal with.

Clinton also left with a recession.

In fact both sides usually leave office with the start of a recession. Trump has done an excellent job. Unemployment at a 50 year low!

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Johnson also left giving Nixon a recession to deal with.

Clinton also left with a recession.

In fact both sides usually leave office with the start of a recession. Trump has done an excellent job. Unemployment at a 50 year low!
Good try, recession started in March 2001 clearly Dirty Daddy Bush’s time.
Thank you Billy C!
  • More than 18.6 million new jobs were created, more than any other president.
  • Unemployment dropped from 7.5 percent to 4 percent.
  • Home ownership was 67.7 percent, the highest rate ever recorded.
  • The budget deficit dropped from $290 billion to a budget surplus of $128 billion.
  • The poverty rate dropped to 11.8 percent.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Obviously most Dumocrats don't even know the true definition of what kicks off the start of a recession. Were currently in the greatest economy this country has seen in over 50 years, and they're yelling "The Sky is Falling" lmao. Pretty sure if Obama were in office right now they would be dancing in the streets over how robust the economy is.

Sandlord

Reaction score
for a bit of trivia:

The last time the Democrats controlled both the Senate and the House, the stock market lost about 10%

The last time the Republicans controlled both the Senate and the House, the stock market gained about 45%

Last edited:

MSum661

Reaction score

say whaaaaaaat?

Right!.jpg

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
You must have not received the memo from the DNC on the recession, It starts Feb 1.. :p

nameisbond

Reaction score
Good try, recession started in March 2001 clearly Dirty Daddy Bush’s time.
Thank you Billy C!
  • More than 18.6 million new jobs were created, more than any other president.
  • Unemployment dropped from 7.5 percent to 4 percent.
  • Home ownership was 67.7 percent, the highest rate ever recorded.
  • The budget deficit dropped from $290 billion to a budget surplus of $128 billion.
  • The poverty rate dropped to 11.8 percent.

Bush's presidency started Jan 21, 2001. So it was Clinton who handed him a recession!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
No mention of Jimmy Carter, 18% mortgage rates and 13% annual inflation. This at the middle of his term.

RodnJen

Reaction score
No mention of Jimmy Carter, 18% mortgage rates and 13% annual inflation. This at the middle of his term.

Cutting rates in “the greatest economy ever” is.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Cutting rates in “the greatest economy ever” is.
You do understand even with an up economy you still need some stimulation. I’m totally against cutting rates, we get back to free money and that is no good for anybody., but I do understand under some circumstances that a little stimulus is ok.
So do you hope we go into a recession right up on the election in hopes of getting one of the D’s elected?

Last edited:

RodnJen

Reaction score
You do understand even with an up economy you still need some stimulation. I’m totally against cutting rates, we get back to free money and that is no good for anybody., but I do understand under some circumstances that a little stimulus is ok.
So are do you hope we go into a recession right up on the election in hopes of getting one of the D’s elected?

No hope for recession here.

Reaction score

The last .75 point drop in Federal Fund Rate, is easing the pain of credit card and home buying?

Our recession will come when government stops spending, and starts paying it off. ;)

https://usdebtclock.org/

$23T and counting...... ;)

Grandpa mac

Now politics is kinda boring ;)
Reaction score
Who here doesn’t think Trump is going to be impeached by the House? The rest of you might want to think a little more about how your money is invested because your King has declared that if he is impeached we’re headed for a depression. All I’ve ever claimed was a recession, but your boy is telling you a full blown depression is right around the corner.

RCDave

Reaction score
Who here doesn’t think Trump is going to be impeached by the House? The rest of you might want to think a little more about how your money is invested because your King has declared that if he is impeached we’re headed for a depression. All I’ve ever claimed was a recession, but your boy is telling you a full blown depression is right around the corner.

Most of the house is certifiable at the moment. This sham has zero chance in the senate. So all of this is a complete waste of time. But keep livin in never never land.

HotRod82

Reaction score
Dude you should really be careful what you wish for....I've mentioned before on this forum my wife works in the capitol markets at the highest level and the general consensus is all the big players hate Trump personally, but love his policies. A few days ago Jamie Dimon with Chase said if they would leave the economy as it is right now it would run for the next 100 years but he has no doubt at some point the other side will get in and screw it up. Right now as we speak all of the big players, i.e., Facebook, Google, etc., are setting up ops in Ireland preparing for the next administration change (and subsequent tax hike) whether it be in 4,8, or 12 years. If Trump is actually removed, my guess is the market would go down by 50%. Depression? maybe......The markets are all about confidence and not one democrat instills confidence. Again, be very careful what you wish for.

Meaney77

Reaction score
06BF2EEC-1467-4BBB-9442-8759E3892806.jpeg

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Most of the house is certifiable at the moment. This sham has zero chance in the senate. So all of this is a complete waste of time. But keep livin in never never land.
Trump said if he was
Impeached we’d have a depression. Impeachment is in the House.

Grandpa mac

Reaction score
Dude you should really be careful what you wish for....I've mentioned before on this forum my wife works in the capitol markets at the highest level and the general consensus is all the big players hate Trump personally, but love his policies. A few days ago Jamie Dimon with Chase said if they would leave the economy as it is right now it would run for the next 100 years but he has no doubt at some point the other side will get in and screw it up. Right now as we speak all of the big players, i.e., Facebook, Google, etc., are setting up ops in Ireland preparing for the next administration change (and subsequent tax hike) whether it be in 4,8, or 12 years. If Trump is actually removed, my guess is the market would go down by 50%. Depression? maybe......The markets are all about confidence and not one democrat instills confidence. Again, be very careful what you wish for.
Okay , Chase said that two weeks ago and what did Fidelity say this week? Your wife can probably also tell you that some Financial folks are bulls and some are bears. And she can probably tell you the last month has been good on promising trade talks with China, but ask her what happens
If those don’t pan out. And then go Google Trumps most recent comments on whether he was ready to lift the tariffs.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Him and the other libs on here are all for a collapse so they can blame Trump. It’s blind hate for one man it doesn’t matter what he does. There is not one Democrat running right now that can or will keep the economy clicking.