WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What Happens if ......

johnnyC

Reaction score
SO, if biden is elected President and has to resign at some point in his term..... Harris becomes president and who becomes vice president... scary thought!!!!!

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
SO, if biden is elected President and has to resign at some point in his term..... Harris becomes president and who becomes vice president... scary thought!!!!!

CF0BF002-9753-452F-976C-A8E23A89BF67.jpeg

530RL

Reaction score

25th Amendment: Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

That is how Gerald Ford, who was never elected as Vice President or President, eventually became the President after being appointed Vice President to replace Spiro Agnew.

Sandlord

Reaction score
so many terrible possibilities.
Booker
Swallwell
Omar
But I doubt it would be Hillary, that's just like signing your own death warrant

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Can you imagine??

Think its impossible?
If I told you what life today in America would be like 7 months ago...would you have believed me??

38B1808A-CF3E-4351-88F8-F8E913AFF0C4.jpeg

Tom Slick

Reaction score
I have no doubt that once the democrats win the election from massive voter fraud, Harris will become President rather quickly, as there is zero intent for Biden to stay on for very long. Scary times ahead if they're able to pull it off.

500bbc

Reaction score
She'll decline the appointment and defer to Nancy...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
25th Amendment: Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

That is how Gerald Ford, who was never elected as Vice President or President, eventually became the President after being appointed Vice President to replace Spiro Agnew.
not arguing but I thought 3rd in line was Speaker of the House?
So, Nancy🤷‍♂️

530RL

Reaction score
not arguing but I thought 3rd in line was Speaker of the House?
So, Nancy🤷‍♂️

If the President dies or can not perform the function, then the VP steps up. If there is no VP or the VP can not perform the function then the Speaker and on and on down the chain. But that is ascension to the President's slot solely.

Once the new President is installed, he picks a new individual to fill the slot of VP subject to approval by both chambers of congress. The order of succession is to the Presidency solely, not a move up in succession across the Board. The only way to fill a vacant VP slot is by Presidential appointment with approval of congress. Not by next man up in order.

As long as that person is appointed and approved as VP, they are then 2nd in line.

Take the 70's. Nixon's VP Agnew resigns as he is about to be prosecuted. Nixon appoints Ford as successor VP and Ford is approved. Then Nixon resigns. So now Ford is president yet was never elected President or Vice President in his life. So Ford now needs a VP, and so he appoints Rockefeller who is then approved. Now America has both a President and Vice President, neither of which was elected to those offices and neither of which were Speaker prior to ending up in those offices.

And people think we are screwed up now.......... :)

fmo24

Reaction score
New pres chooses their new Vice President. Speaker never comes into play unless both President and Vice President go down. Would not put it past piglosi lol

MSum661

Reaction score
I have no doubt that once the democrats win the election from massive voter fraud, Harris will become President rather quickly, as there is zero intent for Biden to stay on for very long. Scary times ahead if they're able to pull it off.

The japanese in 1941 thought they could pull it off too.