WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What High School did you go to?

SKIA36

Reaction score
Bishop Montgomery High School 74-75, but they asked me not to return.
So I finished up at West Torrance 75-78

Bishop Montgomery 68-72...they let me finish:)

Then off to CSULB

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Lake Havasu High 83-84

Esperanza 84-86

Villa Park High 86-87

Yeah, we moved a lot.:rolleyes

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I guess just a continuation of yesterday's thread, on how you did in HS.

I went to El Dorado HS. (Placentia)

And you?

I took a summer school class at El Do back in the 80s, the teacher was a big black guy named Titus I think?
Was he still there? Was a cool teacher.:thumbsup

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
Blair High in Pasadena until 82, then Arcadia High for senior year in 1983.

TCHB

Reaction score
Sante Fe High School
Graduated 1972

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Seaside HS up in the Monterey Bay area....

We had 10 kids go to SHS before we were done....lol Only one of us never attended SHS.

74 spectra20 v-drive

74 spectra20 v-drive
Reaction score
Great idea for a thread!

Bellflower Buc's! 86'. I was the 8th of my family to go thru, My mom was first graduating class in 52 or 53'?? then 1 brother in 72' and 5 sisters 73' to 87' and then me. Last name Norman.

X Hoser

Reaction score
Anaheim High, class of '70. 3rd generation to graduate from AHS

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Had the family stayed in the area I would have been 87, we probably know (knew?) a lot of the same people
I was one of the invisibles through high school. I wanted nothing more than to be done there. I probably knew of people you knew. [emoji41] [emoji6]

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I was one of the invisibles through high school. I wanted nothing more than to be done there. I probably knew of people you knew. [emoji41] [emoji6]

Lol!
You may have heard of the legend of me, based on my attendance record there.:)

BajaWarrior

Reaction score
Ridgemont High '79.

Really, the movie (Fast times at Ridgemont High) was based on my High School Clairemont High in San Diego in 1979.

Cray Paper

Reaction score
San Juan HS freshman year in 85
Mesa Verde 86 - 88. Both are in Citrus Heights CA.

rivergames

Reaction score
St Monica's in Santa Monica

Culver High in Culver City

Red Rock in Utah

Mira Costa in Manhattan Beach

Venice High in Venice

Babyback

Reaction score
St. John Bosco (Bellflower, CA) 1999

Home of the Braves

Wavemaker

Reaction score
Get outta here ya Bulldog! Lol!

Go Indians!
(I could really give 2 shits about the rivalry now)

I noticed in a previous post you graduated from Burroughs across town. I had lots friends at both high schools due to sports and various part-time jobs during the high school years. Worked at both Marie Calander restaurants part time, and various gas stations around town. I still live "on the hill" area. My home is just five blocks from my parents former home. I worked at Zero Corp. for many years in engineering then in Government Contracts, Sales and Regional Sales Management. When they moved the division to Utah, I said I was staying in California. Good thing I stayed in CA. Found more good positions with local large manufacturing companies I used to sell products and custom stuff to.

I knew there had to be some locals in town on the boards here. Ever get back to the old home town?

Hallett Dave

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
Palmdale High School. 98.

Not shit, Palmdale High School.
You must know Coach Carl Bledsoe and Coach Jeff.
I have known Carl since 1959 when we were in grade school at Edwards AFB when his dad was the high school Principal at Desert High @ Edwards AFB.
Carl's dad moved to Trona and was the Superintendent of the school district. Carl graduated from Trona High in 1968.

I graduated from Desert High School @ Edwards AFB in 1968. I guess I am the resident geezer on RDP. :eek
Coach Bledsoe and I are still friends. :)

HD

skifaster

Hard Member
Reaction score
Orangewood Academy in Garden Grove - Class of 96. Small Private school, went there from 1st through 12th Grade. All 5 siblings graduated from there.

School of less than 100 kids and they play Mater Dei in the Girls BBall Championship Game tomorrow night. Current coach and AD was my Teammate there.

Cool thread.

SKIA36

Reaction score
you were in my brothers class.
Mike Guy and my Sister-in-law Julie Dorr

I always thought they were joined at the hip in high school. You could tell from the beginning they were going to be together for a long time. All the best to them from me when you see them next. Hope to see them at our 45yr renunion at Chevron Park in August.

Small world...not a lot of BMHS grads, my Senior class was like 234.

Steve Linder

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I noticed in a previous post you graduated from Burroughs across town. I had lots friends at both high schools due to sports and various part-time jobs during the high school years. Worked at both Marie Calander restaurants part time, and various gas stations around town. I still live "on the hill" area. My home is just five blocks from my parents former home. I worked at Zero Corp. for many years in engineering then in Government Contracts, Sales and Regional Sales Management. When they moved the division to Utah, I said I was staying in California. Good thing I stayed in CA. Found more good positions with local large manufacturing companies I used to sell products and custom stuff to.

I knew there had to be some locals in town on the boards here. Ever get back to the old home town?
Ahh good ol' Burbank. I was a third generation to graduate from Burroughs. My Grandma went there for 6 years. When it changed from a middle school to a high school, she just stayed there. My great Grandparents owned Nays Liquor across the street from the original So Cal speed shop. I'm there pretty frequently. My parents, grandparents, and some other family still live there. Matter of fact, we'll be down there for Easter weekend since that's when and where we're gonna have my Daughter's 3rd birthday party.