WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What injuries have you gotten playing on the water?

rrrr

Reaction score
Worst was 3 cracked ribs in a hard fall water sking. I couldn't take a deep breath for .months. Nowadays it seems the boat or trailer eat up my shins. I get scrapes and scratches almost every time I go out.

I have bad news... That's because we're getting old! :D

Post up a coupla photos of your CP-19. As little as I get out anymore, it's unlikely I'll see it in person.

rrrr

Reaction score

Man, I hate to see this. I know all too well about permanent injuries, and they suck.

The muscular atrophy that occurs after traumatic orthopedic injury is shocking, and it takes years to resolve back to 80% or so of original muscle mass. My calfs have been different sizes for most of my life because of a left knee injury when I was 18.

I apologize for being negative. I just wanted you to know I empathize with your plight, and offer my strong encouragement to be a madman about rehab. Don't get discouraged, keep working on it so you get the best possible outcome.

👍

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Injured my self esteem.......years ago anchored in Havasu one night pretty buzzed fishing on the sun deck of boat with legs crossed. Went to stretch my legs and kicked my new Iphone 2 in the water about 20 feet deep. :D

River Runnin

Reaction score
Out fishing, we had an old 1"X2"X10' boat pole!
Up on the John Day River we got into shallow water and I grab it to work us back out. After the third push back, the next one stuck in the mud hard when pushing, (didn't feel it go so far in) so grabbing that old stick pole like a cup, I give it a good yank, (just like the first couple times) but it didn't move! -- I drove a 3" X 1/8" sliver (from a corner) between my thumb and point'n finger. So, 7 miles upriver a couple hours to the truck, and maybe another hour -- At least! -- to a Dr. I had to make a choice!
As I moved my thumb a bit I could see the end of the little stick! -- sweating my ass off! -- and maybe a bit of shock, I grabbed a pair of needle nose, moved me thumb and steadied it against a rod holder, barely got a grip and pulled the Fk'r out! ... Gotta say, I got real light headed and nearly passed out!
So now it was time to make that choice! .... I grabbed a beer, poured and washed off a bit of blood, baited a hook, and sure as hell wasn't gonna fuk up a 3 day fish'n trip on the first day! :)

Sherpa

Reaction score
ruptured eardrum jumping off the hiway 70 bridge on lake oroville. another ruptured eardrum riding a Skurfer. another ruptured eardrum freediving on lake tahoe....... another ruptured eardrum scuba diving monterey. I still hear just fine...... (unless the wife is asking me something) then its the what, what, what did you say treatment.

also bruised ribs from slalom skiing, sore muscles from tubing, etc....

--Sherpa