WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Rattle Can Lou

Reaction score
My bedroom (single pane glass) is 30' from the water...you mentioned Plan B..well 24 years ago Ben Marone would hang out at Phil Lukens place all summer on the weekends...so the story is this...those ass clowns would pull in Saturday morning about 1 AM...and then launch the bad ass blown flatties...Holy Shit did that wake you up...Great sound but they would be out there for an hour..with one light on the boats..lol Then at sunrise there would be the usual morning passes at daybreak...made for short night's sleep..

Englewood

Reaction score
Don't they have to be done by 7am so the water isn't too rough? I don't get it personally. Go fast for 200 yds, stop, do it again.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Last month we launched at Windsor at 7:30, this old fucker and his old lady where launching there bass boat, my wife is in the truck and he is beside us, I can’t hear shit once I fire up the boat, I see him and my wife talking ,”I thought” as the blue smoke pours out of his wackier his wife is pulling off the trailer. When I pickup my wife, it turns out he was yelling at her because of our noisy boat. I was pissed, I found him pulled up and gave him a piece of my mind , he started yelling , I yelled back , I can’t hear you fucker, turned the assend of my boat to him, and let him have some more noise. I can’t help it if eliminator builds there air entrapment tournament bass boat with loud pipes.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Don't they have to be done by 7am so the water isn't too rough? I don't get it personally. Go fast for 200 yds, stop, do it again.

To answer your question NO. And I'm not sure where you get the 200 yard deal but maybe you can answer this question. Why do people bring their ocean boats to Parker? Don't they hate not being able to turn around?

Here's your 200 yards...

Fast forward to 2:12 in Ride in a Flatbottom boat vid below.

1homeblown

Reaction score

I guess it boils down to whatever floats your boat. I’ve personally been in some bigger boats for the Catalina ski race. For me, that thrill just doesn’t compare in the slightest to driving a fast flatbottom. Not saying it’s not fun being in a big boat but it’s not the thrill I’m looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LazyLavey

Reaction score
I love the smell and sound of any "real" boats (even outboards) in the morning.....

Dirt bikes too!!!!.... Totally soothing

BUT... lake lice, well thats a different story... can't handle that crap

1homeblown

Reaction score
I'm at the ramp before daylight. Passing Mike Mack at the crack of dawn. Biggest complement was a snowbird bitching that my boat rattled his dentures off the nightstand. lol

LMAO! Goals!!!!! [emoji1303][emoji1303][emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
My old place was on the water in Needles. Not too many early birds up that way I guess. Just about dinner time it seemed, the fun ones would come out. About 10-12 years ago a capsule boat idled down, hatch popped. Rumor was it was from Willow. Him and a few rowdy flats...and a daycruiser which I assumed was the fuel barge. He dropped the hatch and hammered it. Probably the fastest thing I had seen on the river. A big offshore type thing may sound good, but just not the same.

500bbc

Reaction score
Did someone say flatty?
flat row.jpeg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Last October I took a banzai run to the river. Woke up Saturday morning to a buzzing coming down the river. I open my eyes, it was still dark, you could barely differentiate the color in the sky from the mountains.
I figured it was a bass boat, so I got up and looked, and could barely see a white line on the river from a skier. Got up and thought this is going to be a good day.
S*** I need to wake up at the river Saturday,aaarrrgghhhh.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I absolutely love the "Parker Alarm Clock"!!! Wake me up everyday, I will haul ass hungover to see who is passing by... Luckily I stay at SandBar Resort next to Fox's so I right in the mix of the passes that sometimes start at Roadrunner then head up past Sundance... God I love the river!

Rjt01

Reaction score
I absolutely love the "Parker Alarm Clock"!!! Wake me up everyday, I will haul ass hungover to see who is passing by... Luckily I stay at SandBar Resort next to Fox's so I right in the mix of the passes that sometimes start at Roadrunner then head up past Sundance... God I love the river!
That will be me Friday

jetur

Reaction score
Anytime you would like, as I'm on the lower river. And yes it's still closed.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I have a few days next week that I might just have to come by to watch the runs. Who will be there on what day and what is the best place to watch?