WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Photo by Tom Timm @ Spect8foto
IMG_5094_gn9.jpg

HCP3

Reaction score

Clank123

Reaction score
Love those old Hydroplanes!!! I'm thinking that boat used to be a 7 Liter back in the late 60s or early 70s. Now it's going to bug me, until I figure it out. If you knew who owned it back in the early 70s I think I still have the registrations from the 71 world/nationals. I could dig them out and see if it was there.

Fist off...Thank you Jerry for finding the Video!
Your dedication over the years to preserving the imagery of boat racing and v-drive history is unsurpassed!
We all owe you for it!

Sno...on the Hydro, I will see what I can do to find some history on it...I was, as Grich used to say...just "the Meat in the Seat".
Boat worked pretty well at speed. toward the end we got it fairly balanced.
If it ever was a 7litre, she would have been a heck of a ride.
I'm guessin a 280/5litre though.
I'll see what I can find out.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I didn't ask him, sorry.

Clank123

Reaction score
Hahahaa!! Eason for Pres. Darnez for V.P.!!!

Great pics! I remember the “Can you hear me now” boat.

How many resto’s can you recall Dave?

Golly Jerry,
I really can't recall all the projects/restorations that have come through here over the years.
I should have been better about documenting them.
Let's just say I've had alot of fun over about 40 years of building Jet Skiis (in the early years, we were overall High Point Champions 3 straight years ), cars, dragsters, v-drives and whatever else came through.
Never had a Jet or Outboard in here ever<grin>.
Here's a few that I found pictures of over the last 15 or so years...lots and lots I don t have.

DSC007421.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1536.jpg
k-6.jpg
p565035904-6.jpg
pres.jpg
IMG_0744.JPG
theboys.jpg
pmd4.jpg
DSC_8774.jpg
IMG_1606.jpg

DSCI0324.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

rvrc.jpg
run.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Dave, That's quite the collection of work that you've produced. Keep up the good work!

Golly Jerry,
I really can't recall all the projects/restorations that have come through here over the years.
Let's just say I've had alot of fun over about 40 years of building Jet Skiis (in the early years, we were overall High Point Champions 3 straight years ), cars, dragsters, v-drives and whatever else came through.
Here's a few that I found pictures of over the last 15 or so years...lots and lots I don t have.

View attachment 771491 View attachment 771493 View attachment 771494 View attachment 771495 View attachment 771496 View attachment 771498 View attachment 771492 View attachment 771499 View attachment 771500 View attachment 771501 View attachment 771502
View attachment 771503
View attachment 771504
View attachment 771505 View attachment 771506

Wheeler

Reaction score

Who ever show's with the money first gets it. I'll try to get by this weekend and take some photos and post 'em up.

time capsule in storage. taking 2nd place buyers if you pass on it???
--Sherpa

KevinR

Reaction score
That’s the best compilation of performance boat pictures I’ve seen. The Dragsters aren’t too bad either!

Questions. The blue and yellow flattie with the 427 Ford, what hull is that? And, the wood deck flattie, what is that hull?

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Golly Jerry,

View attachment 771491 View attachment 771493 View attachment 771494 View attachment 771495 View attachment 771496 View attachment 771498 View attachment 771492 View attachment 771499 View attachment 771500 View attachment 771501 View attachment 771502
View attachment 771503
View attachment 771504
View attachment 771505 View attachment 771506

You my friend, are a cornerstone of our sport/hobby/culture! I absolutely love your enthusiasm, talents and great big ol heart!

dryhoze1

Reaction score
That’s the best compilation of performance boat pictures I’ve seen. The Dragsters aren’t too bad either!

Questions. The blue and yellow flattie with the 427 Ford, what hull is that? And, the wood deck flattie, what is that hull?

Good questions Kevin !

I can help

The yellow & blue with the 427 FE was built by powerboat legend
BOB “IRON MAN” NORDSKOG

Identifiable by the distinct rear transom.

The beautiful wooddecker was built by the incredibly talented Litchfield brothers.

Why the font size changed is this post I have no idea. Lol

Clank123

Reaction score

Dryhoze is correct.

The Nordskog is owned by Pat Minegar up in Boise.
It is one of only, maybe, 22 made?
Mine and Wheelers' good friend Ted Sutton worked at Nordskog during these years and the Craftsmanship and design that went into building these hulls and rigging is amazing.
Billy did the paint on it.
Pat had the boat many years before we restored it.
The 427 in it is a badass piece!

The Litchfield is owned by Wes Wise out o San Diego.
The Litchfield's were built right here in Carlsbad.
Between all of us in my family we have owned 7 of them over the years.
My Saturdays as a 12 year old were spent at their shop cleaning and learning about all things v-drive.
The Brothers were awesome.
On any given weekend there would be 5-10 Litchfields at our Ski Lagoon here in Carlsbad.
Got plenty of stories and pics of that place that are really cool.(Maybe a Thread someday).
Anyway(Pretty sure the story is close)...Wes bought this boat back in the 70's as a young kid.
At the time it was not a wood deck boat. He used it and sold it after a few years.
Not sure how long it's been since the restoration, (5 years?) but he was looking to find his old boat and knowing that I am the "Litchfield Guy" he called and asked if I knew the whereabouts of his old boat. After describing it, turns out I had stripped it for the owner at the time and because a of the description of the parts I knew it was his.
So he buys the Boat, wood deck goes on, floors redone and then he brings it up for rigging.
Look for it if you're down on the Lower River...Seeing that many Jet Boats has to get old!
Again, just a cool story about a boat coming home to the original owner!

KevinR

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. Much appreciated!

I thought thought that was a Nordskog but could not tell by looking at the bow in that first shot. That second shot is awesome and shows the cool touch up front that I remember.

The Litchfield looks gorgeous. Never heard of that hull.

The 427 FE and the wood deck reminded me of one of my dad’s flatties he put together when I was a kid. FE hi riser in a wood deck Wickens Whirlwind. Loved that boat.

Rjt01

Reaction score
Sup brothers , well it’s only 4 more days before I head back to my happy place at Parker . Soooooooo I went to start the boat to get her ready , hooked up the hose to the pick up and turned it on just a little to help prime the water in the motor ....... and what would u know I found 2 of my water lines blowen . Fk me those braided stainless hoses at brand fkn new . Could of been a bad day when I launch . Oh well ordered new hose from Goodvibrations and will have the white sled up an running tomorrow and on the road Thursday morning . Can’t wait to it the alarm peddle on the strip . Oh and does anybody have a impeller for the magnaflow water pump in Parker ??? I might need it , ordered one from glenwood and it won’t be in my hands till fkn Friday as they are out of stock , like WTF LOL . Be seeing u soon wheeler . Hit me up on 6264989982

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Oh and does anybody have a impeller for the magnaflow water pump in Parker ??? I might need it , ordered one from glenwood and it won’t be in my hands till fkn Friday as they are out of stock , like WTF LOL . Be seeing u soon wheeler . Hit me up on 6264989982

Check with Concept, GT Performance or Prime Marine. Someone will have one.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Odds are higher that he'll quit smoking. :D

Cool boat! Just needs the motor turned around and a cable steering (and new post) installed.

20 yrs. ago Artie needed the straight post. He is much thinner these days, and a new steering post would be in order.