WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

rvrrun

Reaction score

old rigger

Reaction score
Boats and cars all started at the same time. My father had two AA fuel rails along with a blown gas drag boat while I was growing up.

Didn't know that about your dad and the AA fuel cars, I knew about the drag boat. Do you remember a AA team named Butters and Gerard? The Butters lived in our neighborhood and one of my oldest friends was friends with one of the Butter's kids. He went to Lions with them all the time and got to ride in the push car too. I never got that lucky but do remember them running the car in the alley behind their house.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:

Rjt01

Reaction score
Lol
Am I missing something in that third pic? That thing looks like it would be sitting on the running gear in that pic.. if nothing else on the turn fins being that far up?
Dave , it looks that way but there is a big shelf and drops like 3 to 4 feet

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Sorry, never heard of 'em. I only got to go with the old man to Lions one time while he was running. It was in '61 the best of my recollection. I think at that age I was only in the way and cramping his style. The boat drags were a family affair, we all went. :D

Didn't know that about your dad and the AA fuel cars, I knew about the drag boat. Do you remember a AA team named Butters and Gerard? The Butters lived in our neighborhood and one of my oldest friends was friends with one of the Butter's kids. He went to Lions with them all the time and got to ride in the push car too. I never got that lucky but do remember them running the car in the alley behind their house.

View attachment 777453
e

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
So cool to see kids still waterskiing!!
We’ve seen more water skiers in the last year than we’ve seen in years. We love it. Used to be the morning glass was left to skiers but now the surf boats come out early to jack up the water . . . like they need/want smooth water.

Gotta get out early, it was a zoo here by 7:00 a.m. yesterday. Hardly anyone out now. People need to know . . . PARKER IS STILL CLOSED.

Wheeler ~ it looked like a few flats up by Red Rock . . . any passes this a.m. very few make it down to where we are. ☹️

“Lucky’s Wife”

1homeblown

Reaction score
We’ve seen more water skiers in the last year than we’ve seen in years. We love it. Used to be the morning glass was left to skiers but now the surf boats come out early to jack up the water . . . like they need/want smooth water.

Gotta get out early, it was a zoo here by 7:00 a.m. yesterday. Hardly anyone out now. People need to know . . . PARKER IS STILL CLOSED.

Wheeler ~ it looked like a few flats up by Red Rock . . . any passes this a.m. very few make it down to where we are. [emoji3525]

“Lucky’s Wife”

Where are you located on the strip? I heard Scott Steel is going out there with his fleet for some testing this week! Echo is gonna be jumpin when he gets there. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
C8F2D016-B9A4-4ED5-9EEA-0B80145D196A.jpeg

Wheeler ~ it looked like a few flats up by Red Rock . . . any passes this a.m. very few make it down to where we are. ☹️

“Lucky’s Wife”
Where are you located on the strip? I heard Scott Steel is going out there with his fleet for some testing this week! Echo is gonna be jumpin when he gets there. [emoji1303]

We are down near ‘Badenoch’s’. Any idea when he’s coming in?

And this guy showed up, wanting to know why we had t been to his bar lately.

“LW”

old rigger

Reaction score

I asked him 2 weeks ago about it and he just shrugged his shoulders.

Visited with them at the race yesterday...Todd Haig got the win, 14th I think.

My friend who's in the LBBSC parked his just finished '72 Howard GN out front. Beautiful restoration and the only Howard GN I've ever seen with a hatch cover. It's an old Arrowhead boat, dash was covered with stickers when we found it. He's heading to the river tomorrow to try it out. If you seen him will you shoot some pics for me? He's heading home on Thursday and we're heading to the river on Friday so I won't get a chance to see on the water or ride in it. These molds were still there when I worked for Howard, I think they ended up in the dump. Should have tried to get 'em.

Our friend's daughter took first in her class, not sure which class she ski's in but she's 19. She's going to France in Sept. too!
Shot of the finish line is her crossing (shot with my phone, so it could almost be anybody). She did the race in 1:32.

IMG_7140.JPG
IMG_7142.JPG
IMG_0518.jpeg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score

He just pulled up.

Backlash

Reaction score
What are the odds of seeing two RT's topless at the Strip on the same weekend?! Thank you for clarifying Sir! :D

Wheeler

Reaction score
Not much to shoot around this neck of the woods, at least not from where I've been hanging out.

Maybe the sprint races at Marine Stadium will really happen this month. o_O

IMG_7886 - Edited.jpg

IMG_7879.JPG
IMG_7879.JPG

IMG_7880.JPG
IMG_7881.JPG
IMG_7882.JPG
IMG_7883.JPG
IMG_7884.JPG

IMG_7892 - Edited.jpg
IMG_7890 - Edited.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Nice Fairlane! Hopefully it has an FE under that tear drop.

Had I an RDP Hat I would have walked right into the shop and asked. ;)

When the Fairlane left last night I was hoping for a burn out but to no avail. :(

This showed up around the corner from the shop. I bet @GRADS would rock it. :D
IMG_4702.JPG
IMG_4701.JPG
IMG_4700.JPG
IMG_4699.JPG

HCP3

Reaction score
Too busy (mid-summer) for early morning flattys? Been a while since we have seen them in the thread.