WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

1homeblown

Reaction score

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
nice pics. He should be called Hydro John. You know, for running it up the beach.

The Cole was sold off but the '69 Sanger is in packed away in his garage.

Rod who is at the access to storage has a couple blown flats and Artie Dodge has a blown Biesemeyer over in storage.

Have you seen any pix of Tom Johnsons Schiada Flat? He bought it from Roller a few years back and it's ready to hit the strip, just needs an engine.

1homeblown

Reaction score

Rod who is at the access to storage has a couple blown flats and Artie Dodge has a blown Biesemeyer over in storage.

Have you seen any pix of Tom Johnsons Schiada Flat? He bought it from Roller a few years back and it's ready to hit the strip, just needs an engine.

I’d like to see the Schiada. I like when they come out of the woodwork!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler

Reaction score

I posted pix of it a few years back. I'll try to locate them.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
You guys are Killin me.
Is this an Easter break week end?
I hate amateurs.

Wheeler

Reaction score

Jay Louis owned the boat then it ended up in our storage lot. Tom paid 500 bux for it and then took it to GT-Performance for the overhaul.

dads boat 006.jpg
dads boat 005.jpg
dads boat 004.jpg
dads boat 002.jpg
dads boat 001.jpg

old rigger

Reaction score

No I haven't but he's told me about it. That and his 2 old Schiada's he bought from Leonard. Great stories about the 2nd one he had, a 19 semi, and the Banks engine he ran. Has he told you the story about chasing Banks around his shop with a big pipe wrench in his hand. lol
Tom and Doris are great people and we're the luckiest SOB's in the world to have bought next door to them. Just plain dumb luck..

1homeblown

Reaction score

Wheeler

Reaction score
No I haven't but he's told me about it. That and his 2 old Schiada's he bought from Leonard. Great stories about the 2nd one he had, a 19 semi, and the Banks engine he ran. Has he told you the story about chasing Banks around his shop with a big pipe wrench in his hand. lol
Tom and Doris are great people and we're the luckiest SOB's in the world to have bought next door to them. Just plain dumb luck..

Yes you are fortunate, they are a great family. They are the reason that I'm here.
Have you met Chris Frost yet?

The Turbo story, it's kinda hard to tune an engine when one of the turbos is making 25 lbs. and the other not so much. :eek:

old rigger

Reaction score
Yes you are, they are a great family.
Have you met Chris Frost yet?

Yes we've met Frosty. Met most by us just not at your end, but I have met Artie, Matt and Susie, Agajanian (went to Military school with his cousin)...all have killer boats and are nice people.

I should have said we're so lucky to have not only moved in next to the Johnson's, and Art on the other side, but lucky to have moved into the neighborhood. We didn't start out looking there. When we had our place down river in Marina View from the early 70s to about '90, I'd never even been in Marina Village. When I saw the cabana I was sold but the place was much more than we wanted to spend to be honest. From what we've been told our house was always a rental and it looks it, it didn't even have air, so we've been fixing it up inside a little at a time. New carpet and A/C have been the 2 big things so far, we're kinda tapped out right now. lol

Wheeler

Reaction score
Yes we've met Frosty. Met most by us just not at your end, but I have met Artie, Matt and Susie, Agajanian (went to Military school with his cousin)...all have killer boats and are nice people.

I should have said we're so lucky to have not only moved in next to the Johnson's, and Art on the other side, but lucky to have moved into the neighborhood. We didn't start out looking there. When we had our place down river in Marina View from the early 70s to about '90, I'd never even been in Marina Village. When I saw the cabana I was sold but the place was much more than we wanted to spend to be honest. From what we've been told our house was always a rental and it looks it, it didn't even have air, so we've been fixing it up inside a little at a time. New carpet and A/C have been the 2 big things so far, we're kinda tapped out right now. lol

I take that you haven't met the the Carvers yet. They almost changed the name from Marina Village to "Carverville" :D

Where were you at in Marina View Estates? A friend is just now finishing up his new house there.

old rigger

Reaction score
I take that you haven't met the the Carvers yet. They almost changed the name from Marina Village to "Carverville" :D

Where were you at in Marina View Estates? A friend is just now finishing up his new house there.

Yes, that's where we were. My folks bought there in '71-2 and then bought another spot there and then I had one there too with 2 other guys. My parents ended up divorcing after 40 years and my wife and I had a failed biz and it seemed like over night everything was gone because of those events.

Was talking to a friend at the ski races last week, he's an observer and one of the guys I was partners with, and he introduced me to a girl who's husband either skied or drives and they are just finishing a new build in Marina View, maybe the same people you know.

No, we haven't met the Carvers. Where are they?

Wheeler

Reaction score
Yes, that's where we were. My folks bought there in '71-2 and then bought another spot there and then I had one there too with 2 other guys. My parents ended up divorcing after 40 years and my wife and I had a failed biz and it seemed like over night everything was gone because of those events.

Was talking to a friend at the ski races last week, he's an observer and one of the guys I was partners with, and he introduced me to a girl who's husband either skied or drives and they are just finishing a new build in Marina View, maybe the same people you know.

No, we haven't met the Carvers. Where are they?

I imagine that you are speaking of the 222 boat of Craig Gregory and yes he is an owner/driver. Brian Vesely also ski's and observes for team 222.

The Carver are next door to me and also two doors down. Mike Carver used to have a place behind Sandy and Kenny Carver is in MV north, also building a new house there. The Carvers are nice people.

My brother used to ski against Carl Johnson.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I imagine that you are speaking of the 222 boat of Craig Gregory and yes he is an owner/driver. Brian Vesely also ski's and observes for team 222.

The Carver are next door to me and also two doors down. Mike Carver used to have a place behind Sandy and Kenny Carver is in MV north, also building a new house there. The Carvers are nice people.

From San Gabriel?

old rigger

Reaction score

My buddy was observing for Gretchen ‘s Saturday and he observes for Marty Wells a lot too, Catalina and other events. Guy around the corner from us at home owns our Firday night taco joint, Super Mex. We saw him and his family at the races too. His daughter skis, Julie Williams, shes 19 I think. Another guy around the corner races his ‘Angry Bird’ boat. Never met him but he does the ski races, Catalina, the enduro, he runs the piss outa that thing. It’s one of Marty’s hulls.

Wheeler

Reaction score
The beached hydro is not the same boat or same guy you're talking about. This is the beached hydro. I know, because I took the pics.

And as always, it's a mighty fine job you did on the photos! :)

If it had the RDP watermark on it, would you have still gone public? :p

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Wheeler

Reaction score
I remember when it was open beaotch! LoL

We need Barry in this thread...

Really? I must have been sleeping when we past it and I've been going by that place since 1961.

When did the 10 bypass Ragsdale rd.?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
What's the story with the hydro on the beach?

Dan'l

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Don't forget the donuts! :D

Thought about that when I left the keyboard. That will be done. I will post up once the dates are final. Does at least one person make runs every morning?

milkmoney

Reaction score
That does look like a nice dock, who’s is it?
That dock right there is how all docks should be built , right height. More than enough cleats to tie to and perfect length. Just right for my 21 [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1homeblown

Reaction score
Here’s some old video of Mom and Pop making a lap in the now restored Schiada. I think I was around 8 years old at the time. Filmed at Marina Village Annex around 1980ish.
My cousin narrating at the end [emoji23]

Wheeler

Reaction score
Thought about that when I left the keyboard. That will be done. I will post up once the dates are final. Does at least one person make runs every morning?

Lots of people running shit. Never know who might show up.

I hope that your not driving from HI to Parker to see this shit show. :D

Wheeler

Reaction score
During this period of time he was running the Cole almost daily. Light it off at 6 am which prompted Durst to call the Sheriff each morning. After several 100 dollar tickets and the threat of impound, he slid some silencers into the zoomies.

0 (1).jpg
0 (2).jpg
0 (3) (1).jpg
0 (6) (1).jpg
0 (7).jpg
0 (9).jpg