WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

cofooter

Reaction score
scal·a·wag
/ˈskaləˌwaɡ,ˈskalēˌwaɡ/

Learn to pronounce

noun
informal
noun: scallywag
  1. a person who behaves badly but in an amusingly mischievous rather than harmful way; a rascal.

rrrr

Reaction score

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
IMG_7554.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
What time's the run and gun get movin on Saturday? Time to grab breakfast at RR first. Doin a 609 mile turn and burn with boatpoor.

Sherpa

Reaction score
I swear this summer I really want to do that Parker float and meet some of you guys..

--Sherpa

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Just your typical 170mph Parker play boat.

IMG_7363 - Edited.jpg
IMG_7436 - Edited.jpg

Capt. Steve said it needs a ski tow. I told him to wait and we'll put in on his all wood cruiser when he brings it out for it's maiden voyage next week.

IMG_7342.JPG

1homeblown

Reaction score
Where in the hell is Steve?

We have been waiting for his return! It's been months since he was last seen on the river!! [emoji848]

View attachment 947308 View attachment 947309 View attachment 947310 View attachment 947311

Was waiting for this. I was actually there.
Ran the boat on the ramp Thurs to get temp into it after rebuilding the top end. Sounded good after I remembered HOW to start it. LOL
Skipped Friday because Pops came into town and we got sauced up a bit.

Put the boat back in the water to put a timing light on it.
Popped three times while it was idling. Blew a head gasket (again)...among other things.

Pretty bummed right now. But I’ll get it torn down and figured out again. I’ll post what I have in a minute.

Took the boat to Sundance show on Friday about 3:30ish for a couple hours.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Was waiting for this. I was actually there.
Ran the boat on the ramp Thurs to get temp into it after rebuilding the top end. Sounded good after I remembered HOW to start it. LOL
Skipped Friday because Pops came into town and we got sauced up a bit.

Put the boat back in the water to put a timing light on it.
Popped three times while it was idling. Blew a head gasket (again)...among other things.

Pretty bummed right now. But I’ll get it torn down and figured out again. I’ll post what I have in a minute.

Took the boat to Sundance show on Friday about 3:30ish for a couple hours.

We were playing with the Cheyenne down at Marina Manor on Thurs.. Next time give me a call when you're in town. You could have headed down to help with the Coors Light boat along with Banzai. :)

The @old rigger should keep in touch as well especially since both of you are within spittin distance. 😁

@Clank123

1homeblown

Reaction score
We were playing with the Cheyenne down at Marina Manor on Thurs.. Next time give me a call when you're in town. You could have headed down to help with the Coors Light boat along with Banzai. :)

The @old rigger should keep in touch as well especially since both of you are within spittin distance. [emoji16]

@Clank123

I know I should. I was just excited to get it running. Getting harder and harder to post video clips here. Carl Anderson hung out for a few minutes and watched me fumble through it. LOL

I spoke with Dave over at Sundance about Banzai. It’s definitely a piece of driveable art.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Question for you drag boat historian types. There was a Harley shop in Covina...rougher kind of place, not the Gieco commercial types. Behind the shop was a 36-40ft gooseneck race hauler. It was lettered in Coors Light logos, black trailer and I think oxidized aluminum trim. The guy claimed it was the hauler for a drag boat. This looked to be an early to mid 80's trailer...but this is stretching my memory back about 20 years. The guy's shop was still there some time back, but don't know if the trailer is still around.

Did the Coors Light boat have a road shelter like that?

sintax

Reaction score
Question for you drag boat historian types. There was a Harley shop in Covina...rougher kind of place, not the Gieco commercial types. Behind the shop was a 36-40ft gooseneck race hauler. It was lettered in Coors Light logos, black trailer and I think oxidized aluminum trim. The guy claimed it was the hauler for a drag boat. This looked to be an early to mid 80's trailer...but this is stretching my memory back about 20 years. The guy's shop was still there some time back, but don't know if the trailer is still around.

About the only chopper / drag boat cross over I knew of was Denver Mullins, but he would have been out of San Bernardino i'd guess.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
About the only chopper / drag boat cross over I knew of was Denver Mullins, but he would have been out of San Bernardino i'd guess.
The guy that had the trailer probably openned his shop around 1992-93. His name was Charlie, and the shop was Charlie's Cycle Works. Nice enough guy, I met him trying to get some beads broken on a pair of old sand rail front rims. I think he was friendly with Vagos...but that's just based on the green bikes around.

RVR_RCN

Reaction score

House of Choppers on Arrow Highway? Remember the place as a kid in the 70's.