WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

1homeblown

Reaction score
All us "Fatties" are still at the donut shop. ;)

The Animals of the Annex are most likely still sleeping after a rough night of drinking.

I've got my money on homeblown. He's coming to boat first, drink later. :D

[emoji1303] I’ll be there tomorrow afternoon/evening. Get it wet on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Milk Money would have picked my sorry ass up and given me a ride!

Thanks Pete! :D

IMG_6639.JPG
IMG_6640.JPG

IMG_6641.JPG
IMG_6642.JPG
IMG_6643.JPG
IMG_6644.JPG

fmo24

Reaction score
Incredible water. Skiing on glass like that it almost feels like your ski is getting sucked in.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Too Early ??!??! - nobody that knows anything about the place ever went to Parker to catch up on sleep......

UD

cofooter

Reaction score

Wheeler

Reaction score

She ain't that loud ...is she? :D

I had my hands full or I would have whistled.

Gotta get to work now, I'm late! o_O

old rigger

Reaction score
... Light it off at 6 am which prompted Durst to call the Sheriff each morning. After several 100 dollar tickets and the threat of impound...

Haven't met Durst yet but have heard many stories about him.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Lots of people running shit. Never know who might show up.

I hope that your not driving from HI to Parker to see this shit show. :D

Lol, the freeway is still under construction so I am not going to drive. I am flying to the mainland and then driving somewhere.

Because of my schedule I have a few days with nothing to do. So.....I might just buy a folding chair at Walmart and find a spot on the side of the river to work and watch the show. If one day is better than another I will give that a shot.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Lol, the freeway is still under construction so I am not going to drive. I am flying to the mainland and then driving somewhere.

Because of my schedule I have a few days with nothing to do. So.....I might just buy a folding chair at Walmart and find a spot on the side of the river to work and watch the show. If one day is better than another I will give that a shot.

Where would you be coming from and when would you arrive? I'm sure that Homeblown would have a place for you to sit in the shade and watch the show. :)

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
227020_1951968649481_1982311_n.jpg
This is my Dad, Don Scales, ....he use to come down to our place in Parker from Idaho every winter, he was 87 yrs old in this pic....I left him alone at the river pad one time, told him I gotta go back to the ranch an take care of a couple things, be back in a couple days, I told him " don't get in any trouble while I'm gone,....like a man HIS age could, right ? :rolleyes:.........I get back 3 day's later, I pull into the compound an there sits this Sanger, bubble deck,....hooked up behind HIS truck !.......I ask him " wth? whose boat ? "....he sez "it's mine for now,.....I bought it yesterday,....WITH YOUR INHERITANCE !.........:eek::cool:..............I miss my Dad,............

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
View attachment 742785 This is my Dad, Don Scales, ....he use to come down to our place in Parker from Idaho every winter, he was 87 yrs old in this pic....I left him alone at the river pad one time, told him I gotta go back to the ranch an take care of a couple things, be back in a couple days, I told him " don't get in any trouble while I'm gone,....like a man HIS age could, right ? :rolleyes:.........I get back 3 day's later, I pull into the compound an there sits this Sanger, bubble deck,....hooked up behind HIS truck !.......I ask him " wth? whose boat ? "....he sez "it's mine for now,.....I bought it yesterday,....WITH YOUR INHERITANCE !.........:eek::cool:..............I miss my Dad,............Lo
View attachment 742785 This is my Dad, Don Scales, ....he use to come down to our place in Parker from Idaho every winter, he was 87 yrs old in this pic....I left him alone at the river pad one time, told him I gotta go back to the ranch an take care of a couple things, be back in a couple days, I told him " don't get in any trouble while I'm gone,....like a man HIS age could, right ? :rolleyes:.........I get back 3 day's later, I pull into the compound an there sits this Sanger, bubble deck,....hooked up behind HIS truck !.......I ask him " wth? whose boat ? "....he sez "it's mine for now,.....I bought it yesterday,....WITH YOUR INHERITANCE !.........:eek::cool:..............I miss my Dad,............
Love it

milkmoney

Reaction score
View attachment 742785 This is my Dad, Don Scales, ....he use to come down to our place in Parker from Idaho every winter, he was 87 yrs old in this pic....I left him alone at the river pad one time, told him I gotta go back to the ranch an take care of a couple things, be back in a couple days, I told him " don't get in any trouble while I'm gone,....like a man HIS age could, right ? :rolleyes:.........I get back 3 day's later, I pull into the compound an there sits this Sanger, bubble deck,....hooked up behind HIS truck !.......I ask him " wth? whose boat ? "....he sez "it's mine for now,.....I bought it yesterday,....WITH YOUR INHERITANCE !.........:eek::cool:..............I miss my Dad,............
I remember when that happened. I am sorry your pops is gone ..
I wanted to ask about him when I seen ya a couple weeks ago . But didnt want to be that guy.........

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Where would you be coming from and when would you arrive? I'm sure that Homeblown would have a place for you to sit in the shade and watch the show. :)

Not sure yet. Plans got messed up a bit still working out the final details. I have to fly back to Vegas with MIL and drive her to Kingman on Tuesday. After that who knows. I have to be in Corona on Sunday evening. What is happening the middle of Wednesday morning and Sunday night is up in the air. I have a friend’s house in Havasu and possibly another available in Parker that I could stay at. I do have to work but I can do it remotely from the river if needed. LOL.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Will he be out for DS week? I found a bunch of old pics of him and Brian I need to get to him. Right there on the MV docks.

When is desert storm? He said that he'll be back in the beginning of May and no mention of desert storm.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Ok. See ya then ....[emoji41][emoji202]

See me where? You staying in Havasu or Parker for the RDP Extravaganza?

milkmoney

Reaction score
See me where? You staying in Havasu or Parker for the RDP Extravaganza?
Yes. I will see you in parker. I am going to desert storm. Nit sure what your talking about ( rdp Extravaganza) but no to that.
Wasnt invited anyways. Lol [emoji39][emoji202]

PRIMO

Reaction score
First Glass..... Wow you really had to work for it / Buckskin-Echo-Big River !
1976 Dragoncraft Built by a Couple of Downey Fireman, Canary Yellow (where is this BOAT ? )

Attachments

• 332F8E58-BEA7-4D63-A88F-1F4FBAB9A022.jpeg
    332F8E58-BEA7-4D63-A88F-1F4FBAB9A022.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 200

Wheeler

Reaction score
First Glass..... Wow you really had to work for it / Buckskin-Echo-Big River !
1976 Dragoncraft Built by a Couple of Downey Fireman, Canary Yellow (where is this BOAT ? )
332F8E58-BEA7-4D63-A88F-1F4FBAB9A022.jpeg

That's how I would feel some mornings at least until I had my V-8. :D