WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
332F8E58-BEA7-4D63-A88F-1F4FBAB9A022 (1) - Edited.jpg

PRIMO

Reaction score
Anyhow If anybody knows where this boat is please contact me COOL....

old rigger

Reaction score
Anyhow If anybody knows where this boat is please contact me COOL....

30 years ago I knew where the molds were, we had them at Advantage. A potato farmer from Idaho owned them and he wanted a new hull built so we did one for him that winter. Fun project and lots of guys got wind of it and swung by to see not only the boat but the molds. It was a 3 piece mold which was kinda cool to get close to, very old school.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I remember when that happened. I am sorry your pops is gone ..
I wanted to ask about him when I seen ya a couple weeks ago . But didnt want to be that guy.........

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
no worries Joe,.......NOTHING but good times & GREAT memories ! I got wayyyyyyyy more than most,........:cool:

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
7CCA0CCD-971C-4110-99C1-86CD0365DB6C.jpeg
7A681575-B6A9-4E25-9545-8936AA6CF259.jpeg
View attachment 742785 This is my Dad, Don Scales, ....he use to come down to our place in Parker from Idaho every winter, he was 87 yrs old in this pic....I left him alone at the river pad one time, told him I gotta go back to the ranch an take care of a couple things, be back in a couple days, I told him " don't get in any trouble while I'm gone,....like a man HIS age could, right ? :rolleyes:.........I get back 3 day's later, I pull into the compound an there sits this Sanger, bubble deck,....hooked up behind HIS truck !.......I ask him " wth? whose boat ? "....he sez "it's mine for now,.....I bought it yesterday,....WITH YOUR INHERITANCE !.........:eek::cool:..............I miss my Dad,............
Saw this & had to hi-jack Larry’s acct.

Skyskier ~ OMG ! LOVE the pic, LOVE the story. What an awesome memory.

Lucky’s Wife

Both Larry & Gary (neighbor) dropped in today. Can’t beat the guy flying by the seat of his pants, but they had fun.

Wheeler

Reaction score
no worries Joe,.......NOTHING but good times & GREAT memories ! I got wayyyyyyyy more than most,........:cool:

So, we finally know what Milkmoneys real name is. o_O

Wheeler

Reaction score
Blown flatbottom with dry headers. Something I’ve always tried to keep in mind whenever I do an “early” start-up[emoji51]. It never seems to be before 7:30ish but that might change.

Interested in some feedback especially from riverfront property owners.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's after 6. Where in the hell is all the noise! :D

Wheeler

Reaction score
If you spent a little less time fukin around on the innerweb ya MIGHT have time to get up to beanpot hill an do some meaningful work !......like a kitchen pantry maybe ?..................

After the Geritol breakfast shake you should install them hearing aids so you can hear your phone. Thst is if you remeber where you put it last! :p

1homeblown

Reaction score
What happened to the zoomies?

Just curious about collectored headers on a blown boat.

Two things:
When the motor was being built, it was built with a cam that likes a little more collector than zoomies.

The zoomies were a little close to the gunnel/paint for my liking at this point.

After I get them ceramic coated, I’ll be a little more comfortable with them being that close to the paint. Or maybe I’ll just keep em in the rafters. Someday we’ll see. [emoji1303]

1homeblown

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Wheeler! May not make it tomorrow morning. It tried to suck a duck through the injector. Kinda sucks. I swerved to about it hitting my head but it hit the hat square. I gotta see if there’s anything left in it. I got GoPro footage of it [emoji1304]

poncho

Reaction score
Thanks for the pictures Wheeler! May not make it tomorrow morning. It tried to suck a duck through the injector. Kinda sucks. I swerved to about it hitting my head but it hit the hat square. I gotta see if there’s anything left in it. I got GoPro footage of it [emoji1304]

WOW

old rigger

Reaction score
This thing will wake the dead! :D

hahahahaha

Can't wait to see the footage

poncho

Reaction score
Two things:
When the motor was being built, it was built with a cam that likes a little more collector than zoomies.

The zoomies were a little close to the gunnel/paint for my liking at this point.

After I get them ceramic coated, I’ll be a little more comfortable with them being that close to the paint. Or maybe I’ll just keep em in the rafters. Someday we’ll see. [emoji1303]

My headers would make the gel coat so hot you couldn't touch it when I test fired. Had Cermakrome Coating applied now you do not feel the heat on the boat.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
That's why its called a bird catcher. ;)

Rayson1971

Reaction score
That fishin trawler was FAST... and you’re a little light on your prices.

... Just sayin. [emoji16]

Yeah never had either one. Probably 20K+ in just motor. Figured I'd hear it :D

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Oh man. This should be good!

Sorry though. That had to suck . :(

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Lmao.