WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

1homeblown

Reaction score
Blown flatbottom with dry headers. Something I’ve always tried to keep in mind whenever I do an “early” start-up[emoji51]. It never seems to be before 7:30ish but that might change.

Interested in some feedback especially from riverfront property owners.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tpltrbl303

Reaction score
IMG_0145.jpg
the view from my house... I suggest you wait til the sun comes up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Reaction score
No such thing as too early for a blown flatty at Parker. First light is always a good time....if you're not skiing by then or sitting on the dock with a bloody mary, you should be.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Whenever there's enough light to see.
Just watch out for Mike Mack. He's been known to destroy the morning water while wake surfing.

That guy's still around? I took some lessons from him years ago when he had the old pink stripe nautique. I remember he'd just shut down the boat when I wasn't "doing it right". I was probably 12...had my O'brian bandit and a set of ballistic shorts. I'd ate shit pretty hard getting my inside shoulder wet the last few tries so my folks thought some instruction would help. It did.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
That guy's still around? I took some lessons from him years ago when he had the old pink stripe nautique. I remember he'd just shut down the boat when I wasn't "doing it right". I was probably 12...had my O'brian bandit and a set of ballistic shorts. I'd ate shit pretty hard getting my inside shoulder wet the last few tries so my folks thought some instruction would help. It did.

Yes, he's still in Parker.

cofooter

Reaction score
Let 'em enjoy it as early as possible, because they're pretty much blown out of the water the rest of the day. I'll drop anything to watch a flatty cruising up the river at sunrise. Anyone that thinks this is an inconvenience should go back to Havasu.

1homeblown

Reaction score
start up? hell i remember waking up to people making fly-by's down in yuma.

dont forget to make a quick cruise through the keys too.

[emoji23]

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
If you haven't been to bed then it's to early

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

blefever

Reaction score
First light................first pass...................the river is glass....................and I'm haulin ass. I love the sound of any boat running on the river early in the morning. My first time at the river we slept on the beach at park Moabi and I'll never forget the sound of early morning boats on the water. Lifetime memory. As far as I'm concerned...light it up anytime.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I don't own a place there, unfortunately. We were just lucky enough to spend 8 days there in the Keys. I was talking with neighbors that live there full time & each of them, & me, went looking each time someone ran early. Run it

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Remember as a kid being woken up by flatties as I slept on the banana chaise lounge on the beach at Echo. 3 hours of sleep if you were lucky. With the heat and partying you would fall asleep by 2 AM and the boats would fire up around 5 AM. We ski early mornings during the summer and have had to tow a few flatties back to the ramp! Loud passes in front of Echo's are part of the River Experience! Love it.

20190322_095833 (1).jpg

teded

Reaction score
Plan B used to go by early, it was loud.

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to have a close family friend with a house fairly close to a launch ramp growing up.
Screenshot_20190403-082626_Maps.jpg
20190403_082717.jpg

He owned the house for over 30 years and his alarm clock was always the most beautiful sound. If the sun has cracked the mountains light it up. If someone doesn't like the noise they shouldn't be on the river.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
If I were a K-boat racer like you, I wouldn't be afraid of a little rough water either. ;)

I'm not talking about rough water, I'm talking about getting up early for no reason. And since you don't really know me, I've never raced K, only SS and PS one time which has nothing to do with this. ;)

Homeblown, your Schiada can easily handle most off season weekend water and much on season weekday water. We aren't Wheeler's age yet where being in bed by 8 and up at 4 am is routine. haha :D