WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Came up two nights ago and the damn gates were padlocked shut the garage door was open and a guard dog out front! If that ain't the welcome mat I don't know what is! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Figured I'd see at Strokes for the Blue Light Special last night.
you need to come up to Beanpot Hill some night when we're sitting around the campfire, I dunno WHAT it is about a campfire but it really get's ME into "story mode" ;)

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
Came up two nights ago and the damn gates were padlocked shut the garage door was open and a guard dog out front! If that ain't the welcome mat I don't know what is! o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Figured I'd see at Strokes for the Blue Light Special last night.
Strokes ?.....Blue light Special ?.......that's for you rich people, now that we are "retired" life ain't easy living on a fixed income !....and speaking of "fixed income", our "income" is broke ! :(..................

Wheeler

Reaction score
At your age your only concern should be breaking your hip. :p

Strokes ?.....Blue light Special ?.......that's for you rich people, now that we are "retired" life ain't easy living on a fixed income !....and speaking of "fixed income", our "income" is broke ! :(..................

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Claypools Parker 1970.jpg
Rum Runners 1970.jpg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Sure is quiet this morning.

Sherpa

Reaction score
Denny that was a really cool story.............. My best memories are from my family camping and skiing at Shasta and going to oroville for day trips........

alot of people don't understand when I tell them I learned to slalom when I was 5 on my moms ski (cut down racing ski) and had to wear tennis shoes
since my feet were so small to fit into the boots.

god I love the water, boats, and skiing..........

milkmoney

Reaction score
23k views and still no lake havasu dave ....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Backlash

Reaction score
I'm just surprised there aren't more pics being loaded up. Wheeler, did you trip and fall on your morning walk or what??? :D

Backlash

Reaction score
Brother I'm stuck in LA! No river trip this weekend. :mad: Was relying on Wheeler to keep us informed! :D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Brother I'm stuck in LA! No river trip this weekend. :mad: Was relying on Wheeler to keep us informed! :D
LA, fuck that.....I was at river for 3 months off and on .. I just left and already miss it

Backlash

Reaction score
LA, fuck that.....I was at river for 3 months off and on .. I just left and already miss it

Tell me about it. We haven't made it out yet this year and I hate it. I told my wife yesterday we needed to get out there a few times this summer. ;)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Tell me about it. We haven't made it out yet this year and I hate it. I told my wife yesterday we needed to get out there a few times this summer. ;)
Make it happen , captain ........[emoji106]

Backlash

Reaction score
Absolutely! Thank you for posting pics to show it still exists! Truck and boat looks good as always! ;)

milkmoney

Reaction score
Is that your place right there? We're just down the at the other end of Bonnie.
No sir. I dont have a place in marina village. I just visit wheeler and a few others that live in there .....

old rigger

Reaction score
No sir. I dont have a place in marina village. I just visit wheeler and a few others that live in there .....

Let me know next time you’re around, maybe we’ll be there same time. Next trip for us is weekend of the 8th.

old rigger

Reaction score
Cool pics wheeler, ski land was a fun place to hit it we couldn’t get to the river.

I got to meet Rich Hallett when I was a kid and see this boat. My dad’s good friend knew Rich and we went to his shop in Downey when he was just finishing Taylor’s jet hydro.

Later in the 70s I got to meet Taylor. Friend had a paint shop in Bellflower and I was moonlighting there block sanding and Taylor brought in his vw. Linda Lovelace also brought in her vw for a paint job.
A22D7725-6E96-43EE-96C4-7B563D0C1CEC.jpeg

Wheeler

Reaction score
Let me know next time you’re around, maybe we’ll be there same time. Next trip for us is weekend of the 8th.

You should be here now! The wind has died, the tourists have gone home and the temps are near perfect. :cool:

old rigger

Reaction score
You should be here now! The wind has died, the tourists have gone home and the temps are near perfect. :cool:

Wish we were. Was there last weekend for 4 days, didn’t see you around. Pretty windy Thursday so didn’t put the boat until Friday. Kicked up again Sat afternoon, we took a ride down to the dam but Lori got pretty nervous after we made the turn at the keys. Until then we just shipped over the rollers but after the bend they were coming at us sideways. lol, I thought it was fun and the spectra handled it pretty well. We were the only boat on the water at that point.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Sorry I missed you. I must have been at work or ???
At least you're smart enough to not come out for the tube float.

Wish we were. Was there last weekend for 4 days, didn’t see you around. Pretty windy Thursday so didn’t put the boat until Friday. Kicked up again Sat afternoon, we took a ride down to the dam but Lori got pretty nervous after we made the turn at the keys. Until then we just shipped over the rollers but after the bend they were coming at us sideways. lol, I thought it was fun and the spectra handled it pretty well. We were the only boat on the water at that point.

Rjt01

Reaction score
Heading out next Tuesday morning . Be at the annex by 11am and in the water by 12:30 lol