WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

707dog

Reaction score
all these pics and videos i think we need to visit that stretch of the river looks beautiful maybe ill make a day of it when i'm in havasu

copterzach

Reaction score
Where are the pictures Wheeler??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, Paul Whittington and I were headed up stream from Red Rock when we spotted a jet boat full of girls floating down river. Anyone look familiar? I don't remember any of their names. Just thought I'd bump the thread and still keep it Parker.
Paulsgirls.jpg

1homeblown

Reaction score
Here’s a throwback. It’s Pops in his old Hallet with the Hemi that then went into the Schiada and is now in my possession. So when this picture was taken on the Parker strip, I’m guessing I was 3 years old at the time. Another picture that I’ve never seen until today. Pretty cool.
Adjustments.jpg

Rjt01

Reaction score
Sup guys an girls , Been a while since I was on here . Been a busy time for me , changed job , broke the boat lol an been cranking in the ot , had the first Parker trip a few weeks ago with no boat 🤬 but got to hang out with my river brothers an me an the kids got some float time . As for the motor , went to start it at the start of the season an found a oil leak from the rear main an was like bugger , pulled the motor out an flipped it , and found that the first an last journals were smoked . Oh well . Pulled the crank an sent it out to get polished an got told when the mag fluxed it that #4 journal had a crack ..... fk . So now full Tare down an new forged internal s are ordered an hopefully have this pig back together in the next few weeks an the back to the Parker alarm clock lol .

Backlash

Reaction score
Glad to see you're on the boards and staying out of trouble! Sux to hear about the motor but at least you caught it before more damage occurred. Stay safe and keep us updated with your project! 😉

Rjt01

Reaction score
Glad to see you're on the boards and staying out of trouble! Sux to hear about the motor but at least you caught it before more damage occurred. Stay safe and keep us updated with your project! 😉
Oh I will lol , kinda blessing , been looking at others things in the boat that I didn’t see before , filled some old stringer holes , pulled the rudder out and repacked , going over transom hedders . Trans has been rebuilt , carbs have been rebuilt by John at C&J . New prop . So can’t wait to get her back in the water . Also working on a sleeper boat . This one should be interesting lol .

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Here’s a throwback. It’s Pops in his old Hallet with the Hemi that then went into the Schiada and is now in my possession. So when this picture was taken on the Parker strip, I’m guessing I was 3 years old at the time. Another picture that I’ve never seen until today. Pretty cool. View attachment 870795

Great old photo! 👍👍

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Adjustments.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
Thank you for the updates Wheeler!! I know of a 38' Hustler with Arneson drives and BIG Carson Brummett motors that routinely runs in Parker. Run what you brung is the name of the game! 👍

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
It’s never too early! Saturday was 6:20 a.m., just after Cofooter went by and today was real old school . . . water skier behind a flat.

And one of the baddest boats I’ve seen in a while comes out to play in the evening ~ V-drive of some kind. I’ll try to get a pic but it’ll probably be blurry.

“Lucky’s Wife”

Wheeler

Reaction score
Tell Richie to go drive that trailer queen.........

Since the hair salon is opening up and his wife has an appointment on Thursday, he'll be taking it out during that time. :oops:

Icky

Reaction score
Only saw 2 skiers and 1 flatbottm at 6am by pirates. Needless to say I was disappointed

boatnam2

Reaction score
I think tomorrow maybe be the barometer for the most noise made by 5:30 am.

Wheeler

Reaction score
Hey! I filled up next to you on Sunday. I had the blue and orange Ultra

We were at the Phillips in the north part of Parker

I've never been to that station, you sure it wasn't just some random Parkabilly?

What color was the back of my neck? 😁

HBCraig

Reaction score
I've never been to that station, you sure it wasn't just some random Parkabilly?

What color was the back of my neck? 😁
It was you homie. Cheetah with a scoop in the hatch. And a red neck of course 👍

Wheeler

Reaction score
It was most likely just another Okie escaping the dust bowl or an HTM owner. 🤔

20200514_094248.jpg