WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is “too early” for boat start-up on the Parker Strip?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Rip Steve. [emoji120]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copterzach

Reaction score
RIP. Prayers to family and friends

=River Perfection=

Reaction score
Boat looks killer!
Thank you guys... sorry for the late response.

Just trying to bring back some of the old days!

20210312-165203.jpg

Last edited:

Sherpa

Reaction score
I've been very curious when it was gonna make it's return......................... like to know the asking Mr Wheeler...........

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I've been very curious when it was gonna make it's return......................... like to know the asking Mr Wheeler...........

I'll ask him in the morning when I see him. I suggested that he hold on to it give it to his grandson or his daughter.

here are earlier pix of it in this thread when we uncovered it for the first time in years. The storage unit is below an apartment so it stayed reasonably cool by Parker standards along with water buckets to keep it from drying out.

DUN

Reaction score
Cool photo, is this your boat? Interesting too that it's a right side drive. Can't recall the last time I've seen a flat/v-drive set up like that.

Yeah, it's one of two or three long deck halletts I've seen in a RHD configuration... it's a 71'.. built right around the time they were toying with RHD in circle racing.. I don't really understand the thought process but it's neat.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Yeah, it's one of two or three long deck halletts I've seen in a RHD configuration... it's a 71'.. built right around the time they were toying with RHD in circle racing.. I don't really understand the thought process but it's neat.

Maybe to offset prop rotation? 🤷‍♂️

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
For straight line it makes sense. Everythings opposite. For corners though it seems counter intuitive. Only explanation I’ve ever heard was to be able to see the outside chine.
In a roll over it seems wrong though. Maybe the idea was the boat rolled OVER you, instead of flipping you out, or maybe hitting the gunwale.

Wheeler

Reaction score
I hate to bring this up wheeler but you need to have a social media page like Instagram with all your daily morning river photos. This has been my favorite page to check to see what’s goin on at the river with actual boating content and not all trash

Sounds like a plan! Will you be on the water today?

Merry Christmas!

LuauLounge

Reaction score
We rented a lake front condo at Tahoe for 10 years in a row. Open the sliding glass door, 6' of lawn. 4' of sidewalk, 50' of sand, 12 miles of water.
Every morning at 6:00 am, a Mastercraft pulling a skier would come by, hauling ass with AC/DC at full tilt. It became my duty every day to get up, pop a beer and salute them as they went by. Great way to start the morning on a positive note.

DUN

Reaction score
RIP OP. Thanks for creating this great thread and sharing such great content...

Wheeler, I'll be looking for ya on the dock in a week 😉

Wheeler

Reaction score
RIP OP. Thanks for creating this great thread and sharing such great content...

Wheeler, I'll be looking for ya on the dock in a week 😉
I'll send you my number so I can be sure to be there waiting. 👍

Reactions: DUN