WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is drama?

Topless

Reaction score
I keep seeing post of people talking about drama, especially ones that seemed to get right into the middle of the drama. Not trying to single anyone out...just trying to understand. I know people started other sites like ISL and so forth that claimed to be "drama free" when it seemed like the drama was actually kicked up notch. I never joined...I just saw the spill over back to HB where people could voice their opinion without fear of being banned or deleted. The only person I have ever really wanted banned was Later, and only because he is the definition of POS...even his inlaws will agree.

So, that leads me to ask...what is drama?

Is it anyone that disagrees with you?

Is it anyone with a strong opinion that is against the majority?

he-said she-said stuff?

when you choose to be insulted?

when you purposely insult? (I.E. Later is a fucktard :D)

feeling left out of the group?

Talk amoungst yourselves. :D
Not sure but seems I've come to mind several times when that word is used.:hmm

SBjet

El Presidente for Life
Reaction score
Ok, diktard, let me explain it to you. :D

Drama is where people do something to intentionally inflame others, then the others respond back, and it degenerates from there. The phrase "niggababble" comes to mind.

For instance, and joshing between Jbb, Jordy, and Brown is not drama. The only inflammation there is in Brown's rectum. :D

Now see there I put a smile after I said that. So if any of them bothered to flame me back a little, I wouldn't take it personally, nor would I respond.

Another for instance, I made political statement a few months ago on HB that some others strongly disagreed with, and one called me a moron. I responded that I don't do drama, I'm not a moron, I generally respect his opinions, but I disagree here. And that ended it.
In 7 years on HB, I did no drama. In fact, I thought it detracted from the site to have a thread de-railed so you had to read through 10 pages of garbage to get something good.

I've been on ISL since the beginning. I've had to apologize probably 3 times for things I thought were funny but weren't to other readers. But I ended up spending vastly more time there, little drama, more boobies. Less talk, more rock. :D

Anyway you already know all this. Why did you ask?

Topless

Reaction score
Ok, diktard, let me explain it to you. :D

Drama is where people do something to intentionally inflame others, then the others respond back, and it degenerates from there. The phrase "niggababble" comes to mind.

For instance, and joshing between Jbb, Jordy, and Brown is not drama. The only inflammation there is in Brown's rectum. :D

Now see there I put a smile after I said that. So if any of them bothered to flame me back a little, I wouldn't take it personally, nor would I respond.

Another for instance, I made political statement a few months ago on HB that some others strongly disagreed with, and one called me a moron. I responded that I don't do drama, I'm not a moron, I generally respect his opinions, but I disagree here. And that ended it.
In 7 years on HB, I did no drama. In fact, I thought it detracted from the site to have a thread de-railed so you had to read through 10 pages of garbage to get something good.

I've been on ISL since the beginning. I've had to apologize probably 3 times for things I thought were funny but weren't to other readers. But I ended up spending vastly more time there, little drama, more boobies. Less talk, more rock. :D

Anyway you already know all this. Why did you ask?
What's a dicktard?:eek:

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
I keep seeing post of people talking about drama, especially ones that seemed to get right into the middle of the drama. Not trying to single anyone out...just trying to understand. I know people started other sites like ISL and so forth that claimed to be "drama free" when it seemed like the drama was actually kicked up notch. I never joined...I just saw the spill over back to HB where people could voice their opinion without fear of being banned or deleted. The only person I have ever really wanted banned was Later, and only because he is the definition of POS...even his inlaws will agree.

So, that leads me to ask...what is drama?

Is it anyone that disagrees with you?

Is it anyone with a strong opinion that is against the majority?

he-said she-said stuff?

when you choose to be insulted?

when you purposely insult? (I.E. Later is a fucktard :D)

feeling left out of the group?

Talk amoungst yourselves. :D

If you would like an example of drama........then just single the person out and I think that would be a good start ;)

jordy

Banned
Reaction score
So putting a smiley is like prefacing a statement with "with all due respect?" :D

I did say with all due respect, which pretty much means I can say whatever I want. :beer:D

Skankersore

Man Eater
Reaction score
As long as you start the insult with "Bless his heart" you're okay.

For example:

Bless his heart, he's dumber than a bucket of loogies

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
As long as you start the insult with "Bless his heart" you're okay.

For example:

Bless his heart, he's dumber than a bucket of loogies
or you can end it with the Italian eraser phase "but I don't mean that in a bad way"

Example: (in my best Joe Pesci voice)

"That JBB is a low life, lying, little rat weasel bastard.......but I don't mean that in a bad way" :p

You can also add "know what I'm sayin?" after "but I don't mean that in a bad way"

"That JBB is a low life, lying, little rat weasel bastard.......but I don't mean that in a bad way.......

......know what I'm sayin?"

:beer :D :p

Director...
Reaction score
or you can end it with the Italian eraser phase "but I don't mean that in a bad way"

Example: (in my best Joe Pesci voice)

"That JBB is a low life, lying, little rat weasel bastard.......but I don't mean that in a bad way" :p

You can also add "know what I'm sayin?" after "but I don't mean that in a bad way"

"That JBB is a low life, lying, little rat weasel bastard.......but I don't mean that in a bad way.......

......know what I'm sayin?"

:beer :D :p

How ya feelin?.....How's the thumb? :hmm

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
How it applies to here...and maybe my past freaking weekend. :D

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other uses, see Drama (disambiguation).

Literature
Major forms: Epic · Romance · Novel · Tragedy · Comedy

Media - Performance · Book

Techniques- Prose · Poetry

History and lists - Basic topics · Literary terms · History · Modern history
Books · Writers · Literary awards · Poetry awards

Discussion - Criticism · Theory · Magazines

Drama is the specific mode of fiction represented in performance.[1] It is derived from a Greek word meaning "action" (Classical Greek δράμα), derived from "to do" (Classical Greek δράω).

Dramas are performed in various media: theatre, radio, film, and television. Drama is often combined with music and dance: the drama in opera is sung throughout; musicals include spoken dialogue and songs; and some forms of drama have regular musical accompaniment (melodrama and Japanese Nō, for example).[2] In certain periods of history (the ancient Roman and modern Romantic) dramas have been written to be read rather than performed.[3] In improvisation, the drama does not pre-exist the moment of performance; performers devise a dramatic script spontaneously before an audience.[4]

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
So if I'm just an asshole, would that be worse or less worse than you, you dicktard?
Don't sell yourself short Rexie, you're much more than "just an asshole" :D

:beer

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
I you really want to know the definition of drama, you should ask......

................. The Master Thespian!