WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What is happening to Havasu?

Joker

Reaction score
I hate to say it but at the Needles/Jack Smith launch ramp, it’s 90% the guys with the RW decals on the truck boat and trailer that take thirty minutes to launch or retrieve and then park under the no parking sign to wipe their boats off, there’s a full lack of common courtesy.
Sunday had an ass clown in a pile of shit pontoon hit the back of my boat as he was pulling out. They said “sorry” to my wife then took off. I get down there she tells me, I’m like wtf run them down and their only defense was that didn’t “hit” my boat they only “bumped” my boat, and “we both said sorry🤣” well sorry doesn’t fix a scratch you worthless pile of shit! Had he stayed I’d have just blown it off but when he ran well that’s when i said nope. So got his registration from side of boat and turned into the authorities. They said they’ll be on it we’ll see but yea people suck, why we try to only go out Sunday afternoon through Thursday.
I always wipe down the boat in the red zone right in front of the #4 lane. There’s some nice shade there 😄

Travmon

Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Havasu and everything to do with a change in society that most of us and our forefathers never experienced. When your first thought when someone is in need is to film for LIKES versus helping the person you have lost your society. Go back 30 years and try to pull nose to nose to someone getting fuel and see if your ass doesnt get kicked. Victim mentality and people living there life for likes gets us headed in a bad direction.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with Havasu and everything to do with a change in society that most of us and our forefathers never experienced. When your first thought when someone is in need is to film for LIKES versus helping the person you have lost your society. Go back 30 years and try to pull nose to nose to someone getting fuel and see if your ass doesnt get kicked. Victim mentality and people living there life for likes gets us headed in a bad direction.

Seems there are a lot of victims in here complaining as well.

I’m 100% certain my grandpa said my dad’s generation was a bunch of pos degenerates, and my grandpas dad probably called his generation a bunch of pussies. 🤣

We as a species and specifically western civilization have gone from need for basic sustenance and survival to need to feel good and be validated way too fast.

We are all soft, we are all part of the decline.

Riverryder

Reaction score

Yeah right bro! Everyone here is tough as fuckin nails! There was someone that works at a gun store looking for extra mags because someone with tattoos came in his store? He was going to unload the clips on dem bitches!

This guy wanted to make it rain bullets

now, where's my extra mags...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was in Havasu this last weekend. I was pretty annoyed by how ghetto the channel is getting. I try to avoid the weekends because of how many people are there and they try to squeeze into your personal space at 3 dunes, channel, and at Pirates. I try to find a spot for my kids to be able to play in or out of the water and here comes idiots at 3pm trying to squeeze in. Anyways about the ghetto people, why are they coming to Havasu? I stopped going to Laughlin because it was getting ghetto and now Havasu. There were people flipping off the Police, ghetto rap music, Spanish music blasting, and a bunch of people with their gangs tattooed on their bellies, face and or back.

Rant over. I’m just tired of the section 8 people and parolees hanging out where I want to. I don’t see any of us going to their front porch hangouts.

Some follow-up questions if I may:

90's Rap or current rap? Spanish music like Selena y Los Dinos or over-the-top Spanish music with tons of trumpets?

And tats, are we talking laugh now cry later tattoos, spiderweb elbow, ex's name and lips on the neck?, teardrops?

brecht

Reaction score
Some follow-up questions if I may:

90's Rap or current rap? Spanish music like Selena y Los Dinos or over-the-top Spanish music with tons of trumpets?

And tats, are we talking laugh now cry later tattoos, spiderweb elbow, ex's name and lips on the neck?, teardrops?

Where the white chicks with "Live. Laugh. Love" at?!

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Yeah right bro! Everyone here is tough as fuckin nails! There was someone that works at a gun store looking for extra mags because someone with tattoos came in his store? He was going to unload the clips on dem bitches!
Well, you tattooed bad asses are pretty scary! especially when you listen to rap music.😂😂😂

ChrisV

Reaction score
@Kenny Rios all depends on the boat you have? If you have a new speedster, dcb, mti, howard it’s okay what ever you do.
If you wife/ girlfriend wears a thong it can’t be neon also..
haha
AF0086A0-C579-4137-A268-8E98EFEE3D9A.jpeg

the510

Reaction score
I was in Havasu this last weekend. I was pretty annoyed by how ghetto the channel is getting. I try to avoid the weekends because of how many people are there and they try to squeeze into your personal space at 3 dunes, channel, and at Pirates. I try to find a spot for my kids to be able to play in or out of the water and here comes idiots at 3pm trying to squeeze in. Anyways about the ghetto people, why are they coming to Havasu? I stopped going to Laughlin because it was getting ghetto and now Havasu. There were people flipping off the Police, ghetto rap music, Spanish music blasting, and a bunch of people with their gangs tattooed on their bellies, face and or back.

Rant over. I’m just tired of the section 8 people and parolees hanging out where I want to. I don’t see any of us going to their front porch hangouts.
I feel you good buddy. A lot of people in the channel don’t even own boats. It’s getting out of hand.

Supercup

Reaction score
Taught young - "Don't let your fun ruin others day" - one of the benefits of growing up in a big family - if you can do that - likely you will respect those around you and have a great time. That concept seems lost on many today.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Its just because it wasn't a problem when it was them doing it.

RDP Member Circa 1995 - "I tow my 17' jetbote with my Ford 5.0 Mustang at 90PMH on Rice Rd. with a road soda, 5 people in the car and no seatbelt"

Same member today - "I tow my jetski with my F450 at 54 MPH through Eherenberg. Anyone that has a smaller tow vehicle or drives faster is a menace to society. The river will be there when I get there."

I’m curious as to why people (such as this post) reference this as an “rdp” thing? Rdp wasn’t even around when I made the trouble at the river thread.. lol

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

This guy wanted to make it rain bullets

You completely misread that post btw

PlanB

Reaction score
I feel you good buddy. A lot of people in the channel don’t even own boats. It’s getting out of hand.
When the mayor closed the channel to boats during COVID the cooler draggers came out in force. There were always people down there without boats but they never blocked boat parking. You have locals on the community page that actually think the channel should be completely closed to boats so the less fortunate locals have a place to go. Never mind the fact that there are areas closed to boats. The worst thing that happened to the channel was the building of the park on the island and the parking lot that goes with it. Before that you needed a boat or a 4x4 to get down there unless you wanted to walk in the heat.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
This is a boating website my good buddies have ink the boaters you are talking about speak Spanish my homeslice friends just shake there heads when we see them

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am kinda surprised at people even commenting on tattoos.. it’s more the exception not the rule to not have ink nowadays..

Maybe it’s the style of tattoos they are referring too..

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I always wipe down the boat in the red zone right in front of the #4 lane. There’s some nice shade there 😄
Sure on a Wednesday. Get them there tho as you know that basically block backing into 3 & 4

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m curious as to why people (such as this post) reference this as an “rdp” thing? Rdp wasn’t even around when I made the trouble at the river thread.. lol

I could edit it to say “future RDP member circa 1995”?

It’s because the demographic of this forum is middle aged dudes. They were early aged 25-35 years ago and tell their tales of yore like the shit they did at the river was cute and funny and everybody was ok with it. Their shit just pissed off the middle aged people back then. They just didn’t have an internet forum to go complain about it. :)

buck35

Reaction score
Hey yur catching on to the loud obnoxious Fook. Carry on.

Carlos90041

Reaction score
I was hesitant to ask.

How do you guys feel about tattoos located on the lower back? I have seen them on Men, but mostly Women while on the lake/ river.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Seems there are a lot of victims in here complaining as well.

I’m 100% certain my grandpa said my dad’s generation was a bunch of pos degenerates, and my grandpas dad probably called his generation a bunch of pussies. 🤣

We as a species and specifically western civilization have gone from need for basic sustenance and survival to need to feel good and be validated way too fast.

I’m 100% certain my grandfather did not call my Dad’s generation a bunch of pos degenerates. They fought WWII. And my grandfather’s generation fought WWI and held down the fort during WWII, while my Dad’s generation was over seas. I’m sure no generation is perfect. But, when it comes to respect and behavior, things sure aren’t getting any better.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m 100% certain my grandfather did not call my Dad’s generation a bunch of pos degenerates. They fought WWII.

We we are different ages to start. What were we doing in WW1 and WWII... fighting for our freedom and society.

Do we think all 50-60 year olds looked at the pictures and read the stories of Woodstock in 1969 and thought the world was going to be a great place in another 20 years?

My point is if you think society is in a decline, that has been claimed for as long as any of us here have been alive.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
We have been here 20 yrs now but gave up boating about 7-8 years ago for many reasons including whats being talked about in this thread. So over the last 2 holidays I watched the channel and its occupants and all I can say is WTF happened to the Channel??????????? The shore was thick with Easy-ups and crowded under them like rats . The fat old guys with little speedo/thongs on flipping their dongs around, and fat, really fat chicks in thongs and pasties doing the same, I mean really ???
Ive seen a lot of shit go on in the Channel and I say whatever, but this show was so classless I couldnt believe it. I know a few SBSD officers and they say they just stay out of the Channel for that reason, let LHPD handles it.
Mark my words it will get worse when they close Mead and Powell, God help us
NSF

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
We have been here 20 yrs now but gave up boating about 7-8 years ago for many reasons including whats being talked about in this thread. So over the last 2 holidays I watched the channel and its occupants and all I can say is WTF happened to the Channel??????????? The shore was thick with Easy-ups and crowded under them like rats . The fat old guys with little speedo/thongs on flipping their dongs around, and fat, really fat chicks in thongs and pasties doing the same, I mean really ???
Ive seen a lot of shit go on in the Channel and I say whatever, but this show was so classless I couldnt believe it. I know a few SBSD officers and they say they just stay out of the Channel for that reason, let LHPD handles it.
Mark my words it will get worse when they close Mead and Powell, God help us
NSF

You understand the EZ up people are the town’s natives right? You are elbow to elbow with them in Walmart.

I’m struggling to figure out how the above is less classy than people screwing on boats in public 25 years ago. It is just because of people’s weight or age?

Make no mistake, I don’t care about any of it, 25 years ago or now. The place is way more family friendly now than it was when I started coming. if I don’t want to see stupid shit, I don’t cruise through the channel on a weekend.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
You understand the EZ up people are the town’s natives right? You are elbow to elbow with them in Walmart.

I’m struggling to figure out how the above is less classy than people screwing on boats in public 25 years ago. It is just because of people’s weight or age?

Make no mistake, I don’t care about any of it, 25 years ago or now. The place is way more family friendly now than it was when I started coming. if I don’t want to see stupid shit, I don’t cruise through the channel on a weekend.
Is that you Grads?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is that you Grads?

I wasn’t the one using the dildos 25 years ago. I just watched. If I did that in Copper Canyon today the cops would be there in 10 mins.

Anyone who thinks it is worse today, can’t be serious.

If you don’t like the people in The Channel, don’t go to The Channel.

havabrew

Reaction score
PICS or none of this is actually happening. AHAHA :cool:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I may be getting older and grumpier but Dumbfucks weren’t stealing catalytic converters 30 years ago so yeah. Shit is fucked up now!!!

There were far fewer to steal then. :)

I dont disagree with you that things are worse generally speaking. Havasu is the same as it ever was. Dumb people getting drunk and doing dumb stuff with little respect for others. Yesterday’s degenerates are todays curmudgeons.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Soooooo..... I have a place at the Islander. About two years ago a couple fully tattooed ( like head to toe) moved in across the street. You always wonder or think ok... what is this going to be like, right?
I'm 53 and vanilla white :) the saying don't judge a book by the cover has never been so true. This couple may look ghetto or mean or trouble or whatever has been written above but they are NOTHING but. We have become very good friends, both work super hard everyday with real jobs and incomes. II have breakfast often at their house, I'm traveling with them to Key West this year and in two weeks doing the Big Cat Poker run with them. Yes, they have a real nice DCB and ton of other expensive toys that they have earned again through very hard work.

I get the changes in Havasu - I see stuff all the time but please don't rush to judgement..... My friends across the street help make my weekends in Havasu fun!
They are a great couple. Ive spend some time in the pool with them both.
Tattoos dont mean much. It the attitude coupled with tatts that give tattoos a bad name